bucket growing in winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck

Reaction score
my friend told me to put a bucket over my plants and grow them out side win its cold he said drill a hole in the bucket a bove seed or plant and put a magnafier glass on the holw what do you think
or any help with keeping plants warm out side will be grate i have limited space in side
F T P
Forget the police

Ok, you've got my interest. :banana:

Ask your friend what the hole and the magnifying glass are for. I've got to know. :yay:

Maybe it magnifies the sunlight and converts it to heat to warm the inside of the bucket to 72 degrees?:farm:

And traps the humidity to 50% RH.:rolleyes:

And if any bugs are in there, they look thru the magnifying glass and see such a huge world that it scares them to death, making your plant bug free?:p

And the magnifying glass heats the air and causes a convection current that melts the snow around the bucket for 10 feet and keeps the ground below the bucket thawed and at a perfect 70 degrees? ;)

Ok, I'll admit, I've never heard this one. I gotta know!:confused:

How would this work in a serious winter climate?:eek:

I wonder if your friend is pulling your leg...:ccc:

BTW, I fixed your post below. You misspelled "Forget" :D

he told me the magnifing glass was to keep it warm a nuff for the plant to grow he said he had one growing a bout a mounth or two ago he said it was almost ready to pick but the frost got it

great idea redneck :D

gonna give it a go after i sort this winter time outdoor rain fead DWC bubbler setup... just need 1 more bucket and a mag glass fer heat

Gebus stoney get with it mang and get ya winter outdoor grow on :cool:

DSCF2637.JPG

heee hee he he....but won't the ice plug up the airstone?...

Stoney Bud said:
Ok, you've got my interest. :banana:

Ask your friend what the hole and the magnifying glass are for. I've got to know. :yay:

Maybe it magnifies the sunlight and converts it to heat to warm the inside of the bucket to 72 degrees?:farm:

And traps the humidity to 50% RH.:rolleyes:

And if any bugs are in there, they look thru the magnifying glass and see such a huge world that it scares them to death, making your plant bug free?:p

And the magnifying glass heats the air and causes a convection current that melts the snow around the bucket for 10 feet and keeps the ground below the bucket thawed and at a perfect 70 degrees? ;)

Ok, I'll admit, I've never heard this one. I gotta know!:confused:

How would this work in a serious winter climate?:eek:

I wonder if your friend is pulling your leg...:ccc:

BTW, I fixed your post below. You misspelled "Forget" :D

HAHAHAH oh man... OWNED!!! thas all I gotta say.... it was a lil rough question to ask tho i'll admit it... hahah ohh I love it.

Hick said:
heee hee he he....but won't the ice plug up the airstone?...

No as i plan to have the airpump inside pushing warm air to the stones to keep them thawed out :rolleyes:

...ooorrr...you could put a magnifying glass on it..:)

i dont know it might work he said if you do try it use a black bucket i tried it with a clay pot but nouthing came up talking a bount snow i live in GA wear we dont have to much snow to melt a way but a lot of ice 2 or 3 times a year usally but i dont know it might and and it might not work:48: :joint: :fly:

Latest posts

Back