Buckeye Purple and Super Buckeye Clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I took some clones from my last grow and had them just hang out for a few months under a couple of cfl's. got the itch to grow again so i threw the tent up and put the clones under my t5's. they have been in the tent for about 2 weeks now under 24/7 grow spectrum lights. i had them under 4 t5's but just put up my other 2 bulb fixture so maybe give them a boost. all 4 plants are now showing pre-flowers. i want to get a bit more height before i go to 12/12 lighting.

View attachment IMG_1193a.jpg

the buckeye purple stays short........ even in flower........ I got one in my flower closet that will be done in about 10 days.........

yea, g13. i got no stretch at all on my first (successful) buckeye purple grow. the roots need to take in the 3 gallon pots anyways as i transplanted them from 1 gallons when i put them in the tent.

thanks pup. they are off to an ok start. these actually had some spider mites a couple of months ago but i blasted them with an assortment of stuff and i have seen no sign of mites since. i will be going minimalist on the nutes this go as i think i over feed

Just watch your plants close. pay attention to changes in the plants' color, leaf shape, and stance. These will alert you that the plant wants something, either water or nutes. After awhile, you will learn to read the plants. Then "Padawan", you will be a "Jedi plant whisperer". :)

Nice current trend comment, pup. Grow happy plants I must...

These are looking very nice fogey. You must be a pro with this strain by now EH. LoL

Glad to see your growing healthy plants positive vibes bro

lol. far from a pro. i am sure this grow will deal me a beating somehow, stank. happy holidays and a merry Christmas to the mp folks out there from the fogeys.

i have done scrog on some master kush before but i don't like that i can't pull the plants out of the tent so i think i might try a sog with these plants. the root balls are still forming so i have some tome to decide...

OF, I know a lot of people don't like the idea of defoliating but may I suggest that you do some pruning of those before you flip them? I did quite a bit of pruning on the autoflowers I had under my t5 and I think it helped a lot with the overall yield because as we all know the t5's do not penetrate that well. Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the family!!!

thanks bud. i am planning on doing just that(contrary to a lot of peoples recommendations). at this point, they need the foliage i think to generate as much energy as possible so the roots can take hold in their new pots. i really do want them to stretch out a bit too...

Its a green Christmas in the northeast in more ways than one...lol

getting dense and bushy. i think i need to raise the lights to get some vertical growth going. the BeP and Super Be keep pretty compact...

does anyone know if lowering hps lights would slow stretch at all??

i use t5's from start to finish so i can't help you there, grass hopper. i have not had any plants stretch on me though in any of my grows which seems weird. maybe it is light color that triggers the stretch? i use 10000 kelvin t5 bulbs to veg then swap out most of those for 3000 kelvin flowering t5's.

i use t5's from start to finish so i can't help you there, grass hopper. i have not had any plants stretch on me though in any of my grows which seems weird. maybe it is light color that triggers the stretch? i use 10000 kelvin t5 bulbs to veg then swap out most of those for 3000 kelvin flowering t5's.

YUP! think ur on. whenim under t5s, my leaf shoots, branches average 1/4 to 5/8s distance apart for the 1st 3 weeks. by then, they are getting too wide and must be relocated, transplanted into tent. as soon as they get under the 600 watt veg.bulbs the early stretch begins. then i avg. 2 to 6 inches between branches. huge difference! am now watching my 1st clone. 5 weeks old and the leaf, branches are stacked sooo tightly together,(under t5s), maybe 1/8 inch apart max.:confused2:

If you are continuing to veg them under HPS, they will stretch on you as the HPS light frequency is for flowering. If you need to veg for a significant amount of time, then you might want to look at getting either some MH bulbs that produce 6500k light or get some Digilux HPS bulbs as they incorporate more "grow" frequency light in their flower bulbs.

If you are continuing to veg them under HPS, they will stretch on you as the HPS light frequency is for flowering. If you need to veg for a significant amount of time, then you might want to look at getting either some MH bulbs that produce 6500k light or get some Digilux HPS bulbs as they incorporate more "grow" frequency light in their flower bulbs.

when i switch from under t5s, i move into 5 gal. smartpots. put under growbright 600 watt metal halides for 1 1/2 to 2 more weeks of veg. then switch to digital plus 600w hps. i do get alot of stretch the minute they leave the t5s and get in tent.(under veg bulbs).

Make sure of what that MH bulb is putting out. A lot of MH bulbs put out 4000-5500k light. If yours is like that then you will find the Ipower MH lights, which are made to put out 6500k will give better results. but then when you switch to HPS and cut back to 12/12 they will stretch anyway.

Latest posts

Back