Bud building tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowinthatloud

Reaction score
Other then the usual food water light what else can you do to help your plants the most during flowering? Any special tips or advice to get max yield? BtL

Molasses. Give that a spin if you're not already. And of course there's training it too.

Give them enough food, light, water, the correct temps, and do not harvest early.

No, I pretty much agree with duck. Unfortunately, there are no magic formulas or special secrets. It pretty much boils down to having a good strain, the right environment, the right care during growth, and not harvesting before its time.

I have been growing for decades. I have tried a myriad of different bud boosters, special additives, etc, etc and never really found anything that helps much. I have found that molasses is only beneficial to organic grows and then not as any kind of bud booster, but just as another nutrient , much like kelp meal or worm castings. Everytime we talk about molasses it makes me think of Stony Bud--I sure miss the cantankerous old guy.

i have been looking into this key nutrient that is often overlooked that is Silicon, it is the second most abundant element in earth and abundant in soil, but gets depleted in reused soils and is non-present in hydroponics if not added to the water. Most plants will still grow without it including MJ, but it seems like if not used, the grower is missing out on a better result. it helps build srong cellwall that make plants significantly more tolerant to pests and fungus. Some crops like rice and sugar cane require it at much high levels and do not grow well if depleted. I am now looking for Potassium silicate and I have high hopes in it after the research that I have done so far. There some interesting links: http://bigbudsmag.com/marijuana-growers-use-potassium-silicate-br-to-get-more-thc-trichomes/
http://hydroponeast.com/en/previous...a-magic-ingredient-that-makes-crops-healthier

AIR, fresh air.

I added silica to my outdoor grow and we all know it was amazing!

Ya seems like silica will be my next test! Lol
maybe head to head with an with out, setting up another corner of my room for a 2nd veg spot have some of the same strain seeds,maybe yet another experiment! God i love this hobby, addiction!

maybe head to head with an with out, setting up another corner of my room for a 2nd veg spot have some of the same strain seeds,maybe yet another experiment! God i love this hobby, addiction!

yea, smoking weed is not addictive, but growing weed is very addictive LOL

Mix silica separate from all other nutes and correct the ph.

my local hydro store sells potassium silicate already mixed up n ready, i was just gonna get that so it was easy an no hassel, should i not use this?

I'm using botanicares silica blast and i love it.its made my overall plant structure way stronger.the only thing is,is when u add it to your water.add it first,mix it well and let it sit for 15 mins before mixing anything else in.I was told this by a rep for cutting edge solutions.

I'm using botanicares silica blast and i love it.its made my overall plant structure way stronger.the only thing is,is when u add it to your water.add it first,mix it well and let it sit for 15 mins before mixing anything else in.I was told this by a rep for cutting edge solutions.

It will turn to jello if you mix it in with other nutes already mixed, found this out the hard way, lost 20 gallons of GH late bloom mix, and about 5 bux in kelp. From then on I mixed it separately ph corrected it then dumped it in with no issues.

I don't use it, but 1250ppm CO2 saturation will do wonders. 30% + yields when properly done.

BM

Strain ...Strain and Strain
did I mention Strain?
and not necessarily
the most expensive either!

Yea cutting edge solutions told me I could use it,just had to put it in the water 20 minutes b4 adding my next nutrient into the water.

okay i will toss this in here for you to examine https://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/27.htm this is from the old OG faq. read it carefully, title says that it's only "experimental data" and I have actually tried this, manually manipulating the light period because i don't have the right timer for this. If I recall I tried 20/12 I can tell you this: plants just kept on flowering which gives merit to this method, because the more light hours that they get, the more they will grow, it is proportional, so it makes sense, that as long as the flowering is ongoing, that the plants are benefiting from the extra light hours. However I can tell you that back when I tried it, I was a newb on my 2nd grow or 3rd, and really, I have no idea if it actually made any difference in yield as i had like everything not dialed in. if i ever had the right timer, i would definitely give this one a more serious try.
I have no idea either, if the strain difference causes different reactions to such manipulation of the light period, so if you try this, you are risking causing your plants to hermie, reveg, be in a lot of stress, etc... I only provided this info for you to use responsibly :) peace :peace:

I heard 13 off 11 on is more of a simulation to MJ plants environment in the Fall and gives better buds total opposite of what Zem said confused

Latest posts

Back