Bud Rot- humid summer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrelhse

Reaction score
In spite of my efforts to avoid bud rot I found some on my plant with thedensest buds. I'm in New England and it has been miserably wet and sunless, now 90's and humid. Told my wife I was glad to be growing indoors this year, because of rot. LOL
WHAT TO LOOK FOR- any brown leaf on a bud that suddenly turns dirt brown. It's not the normal loss of color, it happens fast and it's dead brown. If the bud is pulled apart at that spot the inside will be a mass of already rotted tissue. This rot literally eats the plant, leaving nothing but spores and dust. In more advanced stages you'll see more than just a brown leaf, I'm afraid, so do watch your buds CAREFULLY. This disease is fast and can absolutely eliminate your crop if it goes unnoticed. I didn't think to take pics, but if I get more rot I will show you it!
Anyway, I'm at wk 7 and don't mind some early buds. I remove ALL affected areas and discard away from garden. Any clean bud from the plant or branch I micro-wave. Tastes awful dried that way, but I don't want the good buds to grow any spores while they dry.
If I take down the whole plant I try to slo-dry anything that seems clean. I manicure hard, and cut the buds off the main stem to hasten the process. Then closet-dry on a screen, keeping close watch. Today I just took the offending branches as this is the first sign of it, but I imagine I'll take the whole thing tomorrow to play it safe.
The plant with the rot is the middle (back) in the pic, with a bouquet of big buds.

garden 023.jpg

u need this:

hxxp://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/192-9431077-9319447?ASIN=B000XSECOY&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000XSECOY|Sunpentown_Mini_Dehumidifier_with_UV_Light_Ti02_SD350TI&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000XSECOY&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

Latest posts

Back