Bud Rot question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechaniMan

Reaction score
Most of you know I just completed my first grow and well, unfortunately I got into one of my plants today in the lower half so the main colas had some bud rod in them. This really sucks! Looks to me like I'm going to lose about 2 oz to this issue in total. Lesson learned and I'll remove buds on the next grow to prevent this.
😞
I have a question though. The mold that I'm experiencing is white and wispy and seems to be localized right up against where the bud meets the stock so my question is, is any of the savable for my own consumption? If I cut the buds directly in half with scissors and remove the mold will it pose a danger to me? Or is it possible to save this for hash or must it all be discarded. I have no problem using this for myself as long as it doesn't pose a danger if it's removed, I have never experienced this before so I am completely at a loss what to do.

Attachments

• 20220801_131524.jpg
    20220801_131524.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220801_132229.jpg
    20220801_132229.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220801_132247.jpg
    20220801_132247.jpg
  • 20220801_132305.jpg
    20220801_132305.jpg
This is by far my most dense and sticky plant, no other issues with any other plant

Depending on how much weed I had in my stash, I'd be tempted to cut the mold out and only use the buds for butter/edibles. The decarb temps would be enough to kill off the mold spores that might be left (I think). Use your own discretion.

If I had a butt load of weed in my stash, I might just toss 'em and chalk it up to a learning experience.

Depending on how much weed I had in my stash, I'd be tempted to cut the mold out and only use the buds for butter/edibles. The decarb temps would be enough to kill off the mold spores that might be left (I think). Use your own discretion.

If I had a butt load of weed in my stash, I might just toss 'em and chalk it up to a learning experience.
Right, I understand that. That was actually my next question being that it's not so bad could have just be decarbed and used to make cannabutter? I'll wait for some more opinions here and if I decide to use it use it moderately to see if it affects anything first but for now I am just going to cut them in half and let them dry. Thanks for the quick reply

Full disclaimer! I take full responsibility for my decision to consume anything that I grow. If I do something dumbass then it's my own dumbass fault. 👍

Put it under a fan. It not as bad as bud rot. Get it dried out then let it cure keeping all that in one jar. After it cures for 6 weeks it will look completely different. Ill bet you money by then you might loose a couple pieces but most of it will be ok.

Put it under a fan. It not as bad as bud rot. Get it dried out then let it cure keeping all that in one jar. After it cures for 6 weeks it will look completely different. Ill bet you money by then you might loose a couple pieces but most of it will be ok.
Cut it up so the buds are separated and let it dry.

Latest posts

Back