bud rot...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
I'm experiencing something that I'm totally unfamiliar with. Hoping possibly some of the astute NW growers can give me some advice.
I'm from a fairly arid climate. Fall is usually hot 'n dry, with little rain and very high dew points. HOWEVER, this fall has thrown a "fly in the soup", so to speak.
Over the last 2 weks, I've recieved in excess of 3" of rain, with little oppurtunity to dry out between the fog hanging on untill late morning or noon and daily afternoon showers.(reminds me of what I recall of Wash. state) Highs have been reaching the mid 70's F. Nights into the low 50's. Everything is wet. It's like a dang jungle.
Most everything is OK. But the "Bubba Kush" is sooo thick with foilage, that today I noticed some rot occuring in the interior of the plant.
I trimmed a large amount of leaves and foilage from within the bushiest/densest growth, from underneath, and anything touching the gtound. Hoping to promote better air circulation and inhibit any further molding/rotting.
Anything else that anyone with experience with this can suggest?

I think I've curtailed the problem for now. And can't 'believe' that it can hold on like this much longer. But I also believe that a oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Well, In Pa. bud rot was a battle on all fronts.
They do have a fungicide at the local greenhouse. That will help. Mainly the bud rot I experienced was a mold, sorta like mildew. Because OD. you can't control the R/H. I'd remove the top layer of soil to get rid of any spores that may have dropped down. clip the entire spot thats infected (carefully) not to dust any lower branches. I know only a month or so to go. but better than having the rest infected. Spores are bad news. IMO. But I'm prolly telling ya stuff ya already knew. but I'd hit the greenhouse and pick some up, prolly help.

but, I'd wait for a few others to chime in. as I'm not an expert. but I know thats a PITA.

thanks mutt.
The rot I see isn't the grey moldy looking stuff at this point. It's black stinking rotten plant matter.
Another inch of rain last afternoon...:eek:

damn hick, sorry to here of your woes, I have never experienced this, but i feel for you.

hey hick do you remember last year when i got all that rain myself and was asking for help lol. i mean lots of it the ground was so saturated because of clay soil here that i had a few inches of water standing above my base . but did not have your rot prob. so i donno i hate to hear that . maybe sneak a battery operated blow dryer out there and try that or somethin to dry it out maybe even drive some rebarb in the ground and pull back out to help dry the roots a lil but then again youd be in trouble if it rained again . maybe scrape the existing rot off and take a lighter to that area or somethin to dry it . hell i dont know just tryin to help. gl .

Latest posts

Back