Bud Rot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had bud rot on an indoor grow. My one and only outdoor grow had a few rot victims. It was my own damn fault. The beginning of fall was a wet one that year, and I was too stupid/lazy to go out and blow the buds off with a leaf blower. Only lost 3 or 4 big buds, but it was unnecessary. My mistake, one that I'll not make again.
So I’m not blowing my outside buds off when they get wet. Should I be? They are starting to get heavy and stretching a bit I think but they seem to dry out ok or I haven’t noticed them staying wet for a long period after the rain

So I’m not blowing my outside buds off when they get wet. Should I be? They are starting to get heavy and stretching a bit I think but they seem to dry out ok or I haven’t noticed them staying wet for a long period after the rain
I guess it depends. In my case, it had rained every day for more than a week. If yours seem to be drying off fairly quickly, it's your call as to whether you need to dry 'em off.
Life is a gamble.

Its a happy bud now LOL
giphy.gif

6A18FB98-B2C0-4902-BFDE-2528336EF287.jpeg

I actually just chopped this Jack Herer a little earlier than I would have liked due to bud rot.
Fortunately, I was watching for it and caught it super early.
Didn’t lose enough bud to get upset over.
The sour diesel that I entered in BOTM this month started developing some on its 3 biggest colas, so I cut those off, and left the rest of the plant in flower for a few more days.
I usually just inspect my larger buds every day and trim any that show symptoms.

Hey folks,

Just pruned a bud off this morning that has some bud rot on it from my Afghan Auto. She’s the one I referenced in my “Harvest Time?” Thread.

The bud was a secondary flower near the main cola and this is an indica plant with big ol fat buds. There isn’t any sign of bud rot anywhere else (it appears). Virginia is pretty balmy this time of year as well.

The plant is ready for harvest, but I was wanting to wait out some more ambering to it’s trichomes. Should I just harvest it now? I’d rather smoke a good plant that isn’t perfect to my liking than lose a whole bunch of buds on a plant that is perfect to my liking.

The attached pictures show the trichomes from the (seemingly) healthy main cola buds.
How does bud rot happen?

yes what the Hippie says
Humidity causes moisture and then the bud sits wet giving mold and fungus to take hold from spores in the air,
BIG Fans help and keeping humidity around or below 50%
Oh wow I wasn't aware of that! I have a big fan because I couldn't find a little one! I just keep it up above the plants so it don't wind burn! I did that at first I moved instantly they recovered thank Goodness 😊 it's funny because I asked someone about rh and they said keep it up but I didn't like it above 35 you think that is good?

Oh wow I wasn't aware of that! I have a big fan because I couldn't find a little one! I just keep it up above the plants so it don't wind burn! I did that at first I moved instantly they recovered thank Goodness 😊 it's funny because I asked someone about rh and they said keep it up but I didn't like it above 35 you think that is good?
In Vegging (no flowers or buds yet) Humidity can be higher
But in flower when buds start to grow get it below 50
35% is good , but low for Vegging

I want to flip soon what do you think I have 2 little ones I'm unsure about because I don't want to flip to early! So what do you think? How would I bring up humidity by turning down the fan on the light will that bring it up

Attachments

• 20220728_125846.jpg
    20220728_125846.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
I want to flip soon what do you think I have 2 little ones I'm unsure about because I don't want to flip to early! So what do you think? How would I bring up humidity by turning down the fan on the light will that bring it up
35 % should be OK lots of guys grow in the desert and are fine
Just a rule of thumbs I learned
Most importantly is the flower humidity where moisture gets in the buds and goes rabid.

So inside yes you need to flip lighting to 12/12 for flowering
But they still look a lil small how tall are they has it been over 1 month 2 months ? I go 3 months veg and get monsters .
Most flip before that, plant will double or triple in height when flowers kick in.

35 % should be OK lots of guys grow in the desert and are fine
Just a rule of thumbs I learned
Most importantly is the flower humidity where moisture gets in the buds and goes rabid.
Yeah I live in the desert mountains so winters and summer can be wet as hell! Or super dry! Thanks for the heads up on the bud rott! That would be something I would do

Latest posts

Back