Bud Rot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I live in the desert mountains so winters and summer can be wet as ****! Or super dry! Thanks for the heads up on the bud rott! That would be something I would do

we are at 4200 feet high plains eastern Colorado and the humidity can get as low as 5-10%

I’ve been growing outdoors here for 13 years and I have seen zero problems growing outdoors in very low humidity

all the best on your outdoor grow!

cheers
big

Mostly pretty much any member here will not steer you wrong
But watch that Weedhopper guy he is a skirt Hound LOL
1659111934808.png

Been really busy lately. They have me running several projects. Finally back in the office where i can check on you mean old bastards. 🤪 😁

you better call for backup cause anything is possible with this group of misfits , vagabonds , Gypsies , nomads , bunko steerers , bootleggers , and bandits

What can I do to prevent bud rot next time? I didn’t have any problems with my first grow in a tent. This was an outdoor grow and I think it may have just been too humid. More trimming and monitor the buds more closely?

Protecting them from the rain is hard but if you are able to dry them off after a rain like shaking them or blowing them With your leaf blower. Some even use umbrellas. Keep an eye out for PM and deal with it as soon as you see it. We have had the same rain and humidity down here in Va and I’ve been watching mine closely.

Bud rot develops in cannabis when botrytis cinerea, a type of fungus, infiltrates the plant. The fungus then develops inside the plant, before symptoms become visible. Early signs of bud rot eventually start showing on and around infected buds in the form of darkening and softening of the plant surface.
It is endemic in the environment and the only ways to avoid it are resistant cultivars or environmental control.

Some of the buds look ok, so I’m going to hang what looks salvageable and see what makes the cut to go in a jar to cure vs. being a total loss.

View attachment 333285
Make sure there is no bud rot on what you hang by your other stuff or you will contaminate the good buds.

Latest posts

Back