Budding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growingpain

Reaction score
Has anybody ever budded with just fluorescent lights ? Have 6 lights with 6 t5 bulbs high output. :watchplant:

There are a few grow journals on MariP that the growers used only t-5's

growingpain said:
Has anybody ever budded with just fluorescent lights ? Have 6 lights with 6 t5 bulbs high output. :watchplant:

I am currently

emuman
what kind of buds are you getting ? Just reading through some forums I understand the buds don't get the density. Is this the case for you ? does it take longer ?

growingpain said:
emuman
what kind of buds are you getting ? Just reading through some forums I understand the buds don't get the density. Is this the case for you ? does it take longer ?

I just want to be clear, I am not recommending that you flower under fluorescent, however sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

the term "kind of buds" is somewhat vague, I can only assume you mean size? if so then I'd say popcorn and ping pong balls come to mind

they are not as big or as dense as I'd like them to be, in fact someone in an earlier thread referred to them as "fluffy" but still pretty impressive for a fluoro grow IMO, I will take some pics tomorrow

I'm not sure if the type of light has any effect when it comes to how long it takes, so I cant really say

the time to finish should be close to the same...the amount of yeild will be considerably less.

as you can see they are not spectacular, but not bad either, considering all fluoro lighting and barely any nutes

100_4709.JPG

100_4710.JPG

100_4714.JPG

Not bad. But a lot of stretch.

How many more weeks of flower are left?

pcduck said:
.....How many more weeks of flower are left?

well now that depends on if you start counting from the flip to 12/12, or after sex was apparent, either way I hope not more than 4 weeks +- 2 weeks
tho the past 3 weeks haven't had much if any new growth, just looks like the buds are "filling out" :hubba:

What a strange strain! All those long horizontal laterals, hardly any leaves left. What strain is that?

looks sativa dominant...but I agree with you Leaf...where is all the foliage? You might be waiting a while on that to finish. But they look good, other than I'd cut back on (N) and bump em up with some P & K...nice job for your lighting!

i have all cfls and am first week into flower not a lot o streach at all have not even a foot of bush... on cfls

leafminer said:
What a strange strain! All those long horizontal laterals, hardly any leaves left. What strain is that?

I got the beans from my sister, I think she called it argyle or argui cant remember which, its supposed to be an heirloom sativa strain with a high flower to leaf ratio, and as for it having hardly any leaves left, I haven't cut/picked anything off her, she had hardly any leaves to start, I just wonder how badass she would be if I had some hps

Thanks everyone. I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back