Buddy's porch plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindbud

Grower
Reaction score
Buddy up in Massachusetts sent me a picture of a big plant that he has a problem with. what does everyone think is going on with this girl ??? I thought either something he feed it or something sprayed on it
IMG_20220807_191640.jpg

Does anyone else see the house worriedly looking at the monster coming out of the ground? Sign of overfeeding?

He hasn't been feeding it I sent him instructions and a little care package of bloom and Protek to help it out. He said he used molasses 2 weeks or so ago even if it was the wrong kind wouldn't cause those burns..... I'm thinking heat stress from the scorching hot days the last week..... and if thats only part of the prob maybe pH problem or the molasses he used

Last edited:
Update..... it's only 2 of the tops effect the highest ones there's maybe 10 or tops not effected. And all other leaves on the plant are fine just those 2 tops. Thinking it got hot on that porch..... Heat stress

Last edited:
He said he feed with molasses about a week or so ago that he got at the store I bet he got the wrong kind of molasses. That would cause a problem I would think here's a few more pics he sent me
IMG_20220807_214058.jpg
IMG_20220807_214238.jpg

Last edited:
I know it is hot as heck here in Mass. Did he recently put it out or has it been in the ground the whole time? Could his water pH be off? I have seen several people on here saying the pH of their water has spiked recently. How much molasses did he give it per gallon of water and was it sulphered molasses? Does he have a dog that could be peeing on it? Has he given the plant the maximum amount of Covid jabs?

The plants on his Deck and it gets sun pretty much all day and it's been outside since I brought him it over it's a Chem91 mix plant. It's in a big 25 gallon pot and he has well water so don't think that's a problem and it's a 6-7 foot plant dog couldn't of peed 7 foot in the air lol. I'm planning on going over with my soil pH tester and stick it in and see if the soil pH spiked or his water maybe idk but @bigsur51 opinion on problem I'm thinking heat stress from not being in the ground and having no shade during the day

I don't think there's any mites on it waiting for him to wake up then gonna go look at it and push my ph meter into the soil and see if the pH is still 6 or 7. I didn't mix his soil after I gave him a solo cup with a week old sprout.... Well I transplanted it once outta the solo cup but idk. Im guessing not hot at all he probably mixed garden soil, potting soil, perlite, and then some mushroom compost. That's what I've seen him plant everything with so that's not hot enough to burn it. I'm thinking last couple days have been hot hot hot... scorchers and it being in a big black pot up on a deck sun beating down on it it got hot and burnt a little. I've seen indoor plants get to close to a 1000 Watt and do close too that damage if not exactly that. But idk I've never saw the sun burn outdoor plants that have been outside for months but never grew 1 on my deck soo that's probably it

I think it'll be best to amputate those 2 tops and the get a 40% sun shade net to go over top of it. That'll block some heat and help...... He was all about not using any nutes smh. Without the Protek I use I'd have plants wilting more and have to carry more water...... That Protek is one of the best additives I've used it strengthens up the branches mostly helps the last weeks of flowering so heavy buds don't break and bend branches

Kinda looks like an inside plant that was brought outside and left in full sun all at once
No chance to become use to it.
It's been outside sense I gave it to him months ago I posted a few pics on my journal hold on it's to big to be a inside plant lol.....
This was a week of so ago
268480-IMG-20220804-083359.jpg

What do y'all think amputate the heat damaged tops or leave them be??
It happened to one of mine I left it
The damage will never come back but the plant should still grow OK
Its just one branch, either way should not hurt much .

Latest posts

Back