Budget grow going great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coloradoguy76

Reaction score
Hey guys, this my first grow, really a test run with what I had laying around.

3ft shop light with 2 t8 60w daylight bulbs.

Botanicare basic nutrients and a secret all natural additive that I cannot disclose. Not because I dont want to but because its not in circulation yet.

Its in a small 3x4 area with descent air flow and the walls are covered in silver reflective paper.

I am not PH'ing. I use bottled water and I go super light on the nutrients and mix up what I will need and use it that day. I dont let any mixed water sit.

This is a super budget grow, experimental if anything seeing as Ive always had an interest and just moved to Colorado where its legal. I wasnt going to make a journal but I decided to since it looks pretty damn good and I know some people dont grow because they think its too expensive. Heres an example of a first timer spending almost no $ doing pretty well.

So be forgiving and tell me what you think guys! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Day 26 (actual flowerig) and lookin frosty

100_1660.JPG

100_1662.JPG

100_1666.JPG

100_1667.JPG

100_1668.JPG

Nice buds you got there bro:aok: Green Mojo for example of a low budget grow.
How far away is your light from your plants?

OregonGrownBud said:
Nice buds you got there bro:aok: Green Mojo for example of a low budget grow.
How far away is your light from your plants?

I'd guess around 3 maybe 4 inches.. I even made my own reflector wing with the foil paper. I know I'm not going to have a great yield and my internode spacing isnt the best for that size but it looks like it should be quality. Its Dinafem moby ****. From seed

Its really triched up nice. You may have some airy kinda small buds compared to using a HPS but nevertheless it looks to be pretty dank. :aok:

Lemon Jack said:
Its really triched up nice. You may have some airy kinda small buds compared to using a HPS but nevertheless it looks to be pretty dank. :aok:

I cut most of the bottom bud sites off in the hopes it would enable the tops and middle to be more dense. hope so

Coloradoguy76 said:
I cut most of the bottom bud sites off in the hopes it would enable the tops and middle to be more dense. hope so

sucker shoot trimming increases upper bud mass not density.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

p.s. Purdy girls ya got there :hubba:

Nice cheap grow Colorado good luck :)
I started my own this summer outside and got enough to be happy for awhile but nothing like what I got 5 years back all from indoors grow. and cheap.
wife loves the cheap part. go figure. So I now have clones of the females from my outside grow and am going back in time to get me a years stash. Last time I came close I came up short by 2 months. but with 3 plants and this time I have 5 bushy little ladies drunk and horny lol. already moved 8 clones from them to start next batch.
sorry didn't mean to steal your spot light mate just like the stories of a successful cheap grow and I'm stoned so typing with one finger on each hand is a bit slow, lol.
last thing what is the difference between Mass and density? really?

Ill be posting some more pics on sunday (hopefully). I wanted to ask if most of you flush thoughout the flowering period? Say every 3 feedings.. will this help with flavor or possibly even make for a faster curing process?? Or should I just pump them with nutes every time I water? Im not so much interested in quantity but in quality. Thanks guys

There is usually no need to flush throughout the flowering period. Most growers just stop feeding for the last two weeks and use plain water and some dont flush at all. The only time I do a flush in the middle of flower is when I over feed and they are burning.

puffdog said:
last thing what is the difference between Mass and density? really?
Density is the mass per volume. How much mass something has per unit volume. Mass = Density x Volume

Basically having "dense" buds take up less space, thus giving you more room to grow more buds, and ending in a greater yield weight. Or so that's how i imagine it. If you got a cola bud but it's "Airy" it might only weigh say 15g. but that same cola being "dense" might weigh 30g. Anyways that's my stoner explanation:stoned:
:bolt::bongin:

Thanks guys... **** my buds would probably be a little bigger but im soooo worried about taste that I screwed myself.. oh well next time!

Day 31. If you notice I had to cut two of the tops a few days after I switched the lights because it stretched so much it was bent against the ceiling. I have a very limited space. One just looks bare and funky but the other one (the lower one) actually turned into 2 heads so I guess I broke even.

100_1699.JPG

100_1700.JPG

100_1701.JPG

100_1702.JPG

100_1703.JPG

Also wondering how the bud size is looking for 31 days.. Given Im using 1 shop light. Im sure theyre on the smaller side but to what extent?

Day 38.. some of the popcorns at the bottom were lookin really small and whispy so I cut em off as a sample and in the hopes to the tops would fatten up more. I dried them under a light for a few mins and then shaped them into one bud using a plastic baggie and put it in the toaster oven at the lowest heat I could for a few mins and to my suprise it tasted descent and Im ripped.. its a little dark but heres the pic.

100_1704.JPG

well there ya go... :rolleyes:

looks crystally :aok: how's she taste?

Latest posts

Back