Budz seed to tree journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buds_killington

Reaction score
Well, these are my first seeds. I usually buy clones so kinda new to this but let's see what happens. I have 3 different strains: 1. Aurora indica (A) 2. Jillybean (J) 3. Black domina (B). I have 1 of each in a paper towel and 1 of each in some soil. im using fox farms ocean blend with guano and castings. im using water with a small amount of fox farms big bloom 0-0.5-0.7 like seriously I don't even know if there's enough in there for a plant to find, like a drop in the ocean. i know fox farms soil is good for 4-6 weeks without nutes but someone suggested giving them a small blend. so I started these 7/11/18 and already they're starting to break out of their shell. pretty neat. please feel free to give me tips and advice along this journey and I'm open to anything except spending a bunch of money lol.
20180713_194230.jpg

Attachments

• 20180713_194249.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 20180713_194310.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 45
  • 20180713_194504.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
Seeds to trees is very optimistic for your first seed grow. Nice picture of the birth of your new baby. I don't know if big bloom is organic if that matters to you. I wish you the greenest of mojo. Tell us about your set up.

Well rose with your help and the help of the forum I'm sure it'll be better than expected.

As for my set up I'm using led grow light suspended from the ceiling in a closet. The closet doors have a lot of holes in them for air flow and my house is cooled by a swamp cooler so my humidity stays up pretty easy. I also have a small fan in the closet to move the air and create a little bit of wind . I also lined most of the walls with a reflective insulator so it reflects the lights around.

Attachments

• 20180619_211308.jpg
    20180619_211308.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 69
First soil plant is sprouting.. so exciting

Attachments

• 20180714_094730.jpg
    20180714_094730.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 41
well, it seems that the seeds planted in soil are doing very well and the ones in the napkin aren't growing so well. no changes since yesterday

Signing up for this journal.

On the soil seeds, I like to use a heating pad under the tray they are in. Seems to make for more females (70f). Also, Ocean Forest is pretty rich in nutrients for seedlings. Don’t be surprised if some of your first leaves get a bit of nute burn. As you said Ocean Forest is good for 3-4 weeks before adding nutes. I myself hold off at least three then start with Grow Big from Fox Farm. I usually don’t feed until they go into their final homes. I use Fox Farm potting mix for seedlings as it is not as "hot" as the Ocean Forest. A bit of wind is real nice for seedlings, just enough to shake them slightly, makes for strong stalks.

Your in for it now, growing seeds now, here comes the Passion at you again.

If you were outdoor, I’d tell you for me, seeds always make a bigger plant.

Green mojo to you.

well the soil seeds are doing great except Jill. shes not growing good in either method. my paper towel seeds are still just barely breaking out of their shells. i wonder why this is? i've learned that soil starting is better for me i guess. both are right next to each other in a very low light environment. when should i turn on the lights and let the grow some more? also when should i transplant and move them into the grow room?

Attachments

• 20180715_164122.jpg
    20180715_164122.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180715_164150.jpg
    20180715_164150.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 41
Turn the lights on now. I start mine under my led's, just not to close, ya know? How big are those seed trays. Do you have keg cups?

i was digging around in J's soil with tweezers and apparently, shes just growing slow or upside down.. there's a nice root coming out of her but she's not growing up yet.

i was gonna put them in small pots to start like 6" ones so i don't have to transplant again for a while. ill get them moved to their new homes tomorrow and get them under the lights. the only problem is they'd be with my older girl so the lights might be too high.

You will know if your lights are too high if the plants stretches. When you put them in you 6 inch pots leave at least an inch of space so if the plant does stretch you can just add more soil and put the plant up on a stand to get it where it needs to be under the light.

Latest posts

Back