Bug Attracting plants? decoys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maarick

Reaction score
hey everyone,
heard some info though the grapevine that there are certain types of flowers and other plants that attract pests away from outdoor marijuana?
i.e. moths and gnats...
if anyone else has other information about this i am interested to know....

What you are looking for is called "trap cropping" (hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_crop) but i'm not an expert of these things at all... i'm sure some professional grower will add something more useful soon.

In my openion, it is better to have no pests in the garden, as opposed to plants that attract pests away from other plants. I think that if you allow pests in the garden at all, they will infest all of your plants and you will have a hard time keeping them under control. If you spray your garden with a pepper spray like my Habenaro mix, you will not need to worry about pests of any kind, from afids and mites, to horses and cows and everything inbetween. JMHO

Ive planted marigolds around my yard..I have better luck releasing battle bugs in yard

the "Duck Foot Plant"is a great decoy to hide plants in....

Menimeth said:
In my openion, it is better to have no pests in the garden, as opposed to plants that attract pests away from other plants. I think that if you allow pests in the garden at all, they will infest all of your plants and you will have a hard time keeping them under control. If you spray your garden with a pepper spray like my Habenaro mix, you will not need to worry about pests of any kind, from afids and mites, to horses and cows and everything inbetween. JMHO

I love your pepper spray idea, but I think it isn't practical to have "No pests in the garden."
I am all for beneficials in the yard. My old fart neighbor sprays chemicals all over the place and has his yard sprayed several times a year. And boy does he have bugs.

He came up to me and told me my roses had aphids last week. They did, so did his. He sprayed twice, I did nothing. Mine are gone, his aren't. Why? beneficial insects and birds and parasitic wasps.
We don't argue, I gave up long ago. Just my not so humble opinion. :eek:

Our biggest problem here is not bugs, but fire ants. they destory more than regular bugs ever did, and keeping them out of your yard requires far more than just pesticides. Most poisons do not effect them, but my pepper spray keeps them on the other side of the fence line, and away from my garden, and my house. For those of you who are lucky enough to have never seen them, and who have never had to deal with massive amount of distruction they cause, I wish you never do. We call spider mites the borg, but spider mites do not kill horses and cows, fire ants do.

That is awesome that your pepper spray gets rid of fire ants. I am luckily not familiar with those scary sounding ants.

Latest posts

Back