Bug Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosport00

Reaction score
I was looking at my blue berry buds with a 60 power scope and I saw these tiny white maggot looking bugs on my buds and there are several. It is 3 weeks from harvest and I have not seen these before. Any suggestions before I start losing plants. There are other budding plants in the same room!!!!!! HELP

They did not match any of the descriptions I read of in the sick plant thread.

A pic would really help.

Here is a site that you may be able to find a pic of the bugs on hXXp://www.venuspest.com/PestID

I do not have the camera for a photo of something this small:(
Here is a better description, Under a 60X lighted scope, they look like a small slug of sorts.I dont know if its mature or newly hatched. It has legs on the very front and the body is shaped in a wedge from front to rear. It is a white to a clear color. It is only on the BB as I checked a recently harvested northern lights and found nothing. You cannot see them with naked eye. Hope this helps if anyone has a clue. I have been searching and cannot find a similar looking bug. Located in midwest USA

Thanks ozzy, did not find the little critter there but I am still looking

Thripe larvae? Hard to guess with no pics. Are they damaging buds or the plant at all?

Hey J-man, they are only damaging the buds and I see no signs of any other pest , only on the buds:( I did look them up online and they DO NOT look the same as they show. No real similar character features. It is actually drying the bud out prematurely. Wierd

hXXp://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and-hydroponics-gardening.com/indoor-garden-pests.html
hXXp://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/index.html

I get an occasional thip, but the little catipillar/larvae are yellowish.

I have done some more research and after taking a couple of the branches, I noticed that the stems are hollow!!! You can blow thru them. I must also note that the scope is a 100x with a measureing guide and they measure .01 of a millimeter. It looks like they are getting larger and maybe changing a little. Hick, thanks for the info but, didn't find anything for this. Got me puzzled as its killing my buds!!! Going to hydro shop tomorrow to see what I can find.

Read this, see if it matches.
hxxp://xxx.gardenscure.com/420/plant-nursery/119147-thrips.html

Cure = SPINOSAD

Good luck, i hope you get this figured out. I have no clue what it is.

A big thanks to all for helping out!!!! Peter jennings, that link was the EDIT It was exactly the same thing I have going on. I also confirmed today at the hydro store and started a regime to rid me of the pest. Had to harvest 2 about 10 days early due to damages and then cleaned and treated the rest of the bunch with a foliar spray and ordered some spanocid online. Thanks again and I will keep updating to make sure this works.;)

A friend told me that hollow branches is a sign of a genetically weak plant, one susceptible to hermying....not sure how true this is, but the last one that hermied had hollow branches!

Roddy said:
A friend told me that hollow branches is a sign of a genetically weak plant, one susceptible to hermying....not sure how true this is, but the last one that hermied had hollow branches!
You need a new friend, or at least someone else to get advice from. There is no correlation between the two at all, in fact that is quite laughable TBH.

prosport00 said:
A big thanks to all for helping out!!!! Peter jennings, that link was the EDIT It was exactly the same thing I have going on. I also confirmed today at the hydro store and started a regime to rid me of the pest. Had to harvest 2 about 10 days early due to damages and then cleaned and treated the rest of the bunch with a foliar spray and ordered some spanocid online. Thanks again and I will keep updating to make sure this works.;)

As long as you use the Spinosad, your troubles are over. Just make sure you follow the instructions because over doing it will for sure kill the plants, or spraying at the wrong time as well.

Do you best to hit the tops, and bottom of the leaves as well.

GL, glad we got ya heading in the right direction!

Spanocid should be here monday! Started with amazole as a foliar 3 days ago and adding to water as a program to prevent recurrence. Also checked about 10 leaves and flowers and only found 1-2 moving thirps. Removed all damaged goods and will follow with spanocid this week which should finish the job!!!! Back to watching the grow go :):D

Latest posts

Back