Bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what the bugs that I have look like. They're the size of a grain of sugar. They're that color but too tiny to make sure that it is the same specie. I wanna fix the problem before I begin flowering in two weeks. I'll give the sand trick a try...anything else I should know? By the way, I'm pretty sure I don't have a problem with overwatering.

aphids2.jpg

villa029 said:
This is what the bugs that I have look like exactly like that. I wanna fix the problem before I begin flowering in two weeks. I'll give the sand trick a try...anything else I should know?

thrips?..
man, if you can find the Diatomacious earth, it will fix them li'l critters.

just checking, do lady bugs really help the plant, not eat it? we've been killing them.

No offense meant by this post villa. But if your plant ever makes it out of this alright, that would make one hell of a good story while smokin her! Best of luck with the infestation.

BR41N-ST3W said:
No offense meant by this post villa. But if your plant ever makes it out of this alright, that would make one hell of a good story while smokin her! Best of luck with the infestation.

No offense taken. The plant looks awesome it is at an incredible 8" tall, 2" taller just a few days ago. I wanna say it's the result of MH, twisting/bending and fertilizing it. The infestation is at peak at this point. They're more active than any other day and the population in becoming more dense. I don't think the bugs have affected my plants health much. It looks great.
Today I bought Concern Diatomaceous what do I need to know about its use for my problem. It says I should keep it dry. If I spread a layer around my plant how will I know if infestation continues. Will applying this layer affect my plants health? Bag says it kills cockroaches, ants, fleas, silverfish, and earwigs.
Although I am concerned of infestation I think the plant will continue to grow. I will be happy if I get any bud and completely satisfied if I get 25g - 30g, is this realistic.

villa...that product will eliminate the infestation if used properly. Read the instructions...it is actually microscopic fossilized sealife. It has razor sharp edges. Wear a mask to keep from inhaleing any residual dust and glasses for eye protection. It isn't a chemical or danger in anyway if ingested, other than irritation from the sharp dges.
After layering it on top of the soil, I recommend watering from below. Set your pots in a pan of water and let them wick the moisture up from the bottom. That will keep the Diaotamacious fresh and dry. Watering from the top will turn it to mush, make it inefective and leech calcium into your medium.

I applied a ring about an inch in width around the plant. I didn't layer it across the pot an inch deep cuz I'm afraid of diatomaceous. Anyways I'll provide a pic of how I laid it out tonight. Before applying it I watered it and let top soil dry up a bit. Is watering from the bottom effective? Will I need to remove the diato? How will I know if infestation is rid? Also has anyone heard of using coffee grinds as both fertilizer and pesticide or either one?

You can see how I've applied the diatomaceous around the plant http://photos.yahoo.com/villa029. I'd like to ask "Hick" about watering the plant with diatomaceous in the soil. Is watering from the bottom, through the drain holes really effective? Also, if the bugs die can I scrape off the layer of diatomaceous and continue watering it the typical way? After 24hrs the bugs are alive and seem very very active crawling all over the diatomaceous, when are they supposed to die?

I need to water my plant today or tomorrow and I got diamotaceous on top of soil. I know I'm not supposed to get it wet. 'Hick' said I need to water from the bottom of the pot but I'd like other members to comment. I need help. I want to start flowering cycle tomorrow. During the flower cycle I will need some light to look for clothes in my closet, will the green light keep from disturbing my plants light cycle? If I were to clone my plant I'd have to wait another week or so before turning it to flower cycle right?

I watered today using my best judgement. I felt my plant was becoming brittle and droopy. I filled the drain tray with water and hope for the best. I started it on 12/12 on 11/19/06. Any pointers I should read up on now that I've started it on 12/12. The bugs seem to have died out and I wanna give credit to diamotaceous recommended by 'Hick'. I'm very excited to actually see it develop bud. I grew once before but did not control the light cycle...eventually it was trashed. I have a feeling this will be a success. Anyways about the pointers, they'd be greatly appreciated. I think leaves are droopy cuz I didn't water it for 5 or 6 days only to minimize moisture and eliminate the bugs. I'll check on it today and update on its posture.

I filled the drain tray with water and hope for the best.
Once you've established that the bugs are eliminated, after a week or so, you can water from the top gain if you so desire. "I" would try to pick up most of the excess Diat', just to eliminate the risk of inducing too much calcium into the medium.
thats good news villa..(bugs are gone)..that product eliminates anything that moves around in your soil. "Without" chemicals or poison.

The bugs are not gone I spot a couple of them in my pot. The black flies seem to have come back. I've kept the diatomaceous and hung a sticky fly catcher. It hasn't caught many flies since they're usually resting on my plant on dirt. I'm hoping the end of the white crawlers are near the end now and I'll make sure to kill and of the black flies flying around.

Latest posts

Back