Bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villa029

Reaction score
photos.yahoo.com/villa029 thats a site where i got pics of my plant. I've found bugs in the dirt the last couple days. my pots infested with salt grain size fat belly white bugs that crawl not fly. occasional i find it on the plant itself but they stick to the ground for the most part. i gotta fix this problem quick since i got my plant in my closet with my clothes. i'm looking for a natural method vs chemicals any suggestions?

villa029 said:
photos.yahoo.com/villa029 thats a site where i got pics of my plant. I've found bugs in the dirt the last couple days. my pots infested with salt grain size fat belly white bugs that crawl not fly. occasional i find it on the plant itself but they stick to the ground for the most part. i gotta fix this problem quick since i got my plant in my closet with my clothes. i'm looking for a natural method vs chemicals any suggestions?
Here is a link to a organic insect repellent. ;) http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2099

Thanks man sounds like great info. i'm gonna try the organic method will green jalapeno peppers work good?

villa029 said:
Thanks man sounds like great info. i'm gonna try the organic method will green jalapeno peppers work good?
We used it on an outdoor grow this year and it worked great. Just be sure and mix everything well. I'm not sure if the jalapeno peppers will work alone.

I got another problem. Went home and I saw black flies kinda like fruit flies and need to know how to get rid of those. Also in the dirt I saw a caterpillar like crawling bug. It blends in perfect with the bark and potting mix so not sure how long its been there. It has this type of shape () , just like that and lines perpendicular to its length and dark brown in color. Its legs extend outward. I looked for myself and it looks similar to a mealy bug but its not white and it crawls on the dirt only and it hasn't created white dandruff. HELP.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
We used it on an outdoor grow this year and it worked great. Just be sure and mix everything well. I'm not sure if the jalapeno peppers will work alone.

I meant using jalapenos as my green pepper that the organic method asks for.

well i just use 1 of those sticky fly catchers in my room seems to work pretty good cheap effictive and efficient cant go wrong

villa...they are most likely fungus gnats. The answer to your problem is posted right here in this section. All you gotta do is look.

villa029 said:
I meant using jalapenos as my green pepper that the organic method asks for.

Yep, they'll work.
@ wal-mart they have a fruit and veggie spray that works great too. Made by Shultz. I only use it during veg. though.

.."IMHO"...the problem is in the dirt. I doubt pepper spray is going to do anything to alleviate the pests you're encountering. The gnats themselves, are harmless to the plants. It's the larvae in the soil eating your roots that are damageimng.

I just bought Schultz Garden Safe "Fungicide3 Concentrate" - 3 Garden products in one: Fungicide, Insecticide and Miticide. Ingredients are 70% Neem Oil extract and 30% Inert Ingredients. Neem Oil stuck in my head at the beginning of this post and it says it safe for fruits and indoors convincing me to buy it. I hope it works.

villa029 said:

This was my original problem that remains. The other bugs were on my friends plant, which he has taken care of, thought I'd throw in his problems in my post. Anyways, I've used the Schultz Neem Oil on these crawling salt grain size fat belly bugs and they haven't died out. It's now worse because I have a pretty heavy infestation of black flies. I've covered those in neem oil the first time and they didn't die out not even sure if any died at all. I applied the Schultz Neem Oil in the evening and after work the next day I checked on it and the infestation of black flies was the same and very active. I did a second application today we'll see the flies' reaction tomorrow morning.

ok if you dont want to look. gnats multiply in moist soil and there the larvae thrive do not overwater as this makes it worse try adding a layer of something on top of your soil that can stay dry as this will prevent larvae from surviving.. i ocassionaly have a gnat or 2 but watering correctly keeps em in check

I don't think I have an overwatering problem and I'm not even sure you guys know of the kind of bug I'm talking about. Its been more than a week now since I noticed the white fat bugs that crawl, not fly, and I still have gotten rid of them. The Schultz Neem Oil is not working for me. The black flies that all died off or trapped by the fly catcher, it's those damn white bugs that I can't figure out. I think I have an infestation of aphids and apparently Neem Oil wont kill them. I read in nature (outdoors) ladybugs eat them, is it a good idea to let one or two lady bugs into my closet where I keep my clothes? Is there a reason I wouldn't wanna bring in ladybugs into my closet? What do you guys think?

Villa...if you will follow the links I gave, AND follow the recommendations, I believe your troubles will be eliminated.
I believe those bugs in the soil are larvae, and your soil is too wet.
Either or, Diatomacious earth will resolve the problem

This is what the bugs that I have look like exactly like that. I wanna fix the problem before I begin flowering in two weeks. I'll give the sand trick a try...anything else I should know?

aphids2.jpg

Latest posts

Back