Bugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TKN

Reaction score
Good evening all, my name is Travis.
I've been grow for a while but it was outside.
I'm now inside and it's becoming a real pain in my butt.lol
I'm trying to stay as natural as possible but I'm have issue with spider mites and really could use some advice on what I can use to rid these darn pests.
I've tried sulfur mixed with other stuff called silver bullet. It seems to slow them down but not completely rid them.
Thanks Travis

Hey Travis, welcome to MP...I’ve not encountered the mites yet but there will be someone by soon who has...lots of smart people here bouts...I seem to have better luck inside than out as my current backyard grow will testify...

Hi Travis...Welcome to MP...If you have a picture to share with the experts here it will help them with your mite problem. Good luck on controlling them and green all the way.

download (1).jpg

I had my first run in with Mites this year I had spider mite , I bought a cheap hairdresser spray bottle ( can spray upside down ) and nuked the whole plant with a mitreside from local nursery , just asked for one that can be used on vegies , had to do a couple of times before they were all gone but the plants started fighting back after the first spray ended up with a good crop , so its not all doom and gloom , just have to get the underside of leaves that's were the little critters hang out

Good evening all, my name is Travis.
I've been grow for a while but it was outside.
I'm now inside and it's becoming a real pain in my butt.lol
I'm trying to stay as natural as possible but I'm have issue with spider mites and really could use some advice on what I can use to rid these darn pests.
I've tried sulfur mixed with other stuff called silver bullet. It seems to slow them down but not completely rid them.
Thanks Travis
Welcome to MP, Travis.
When you spray for mites you need to spray at 3 times 3 or r days apart to make sure you get every last egg and larvae.
One female spidermite can lay around 200 eggs per drop and I believe that they are asexual so they don't need to breed, but I may be wrong there.
Regardless, 3 or 4 sprayings 3 or 4 days apart.
One won't do.
Two has a chance.
Three will most likely be enough.
Four is plenty 95 out of 100 times.
Good luck and Happy Growing!

always spray with the lights off. it will burn the plants otherwise. yes spray 3 to 4 days apart, 3 or 4 times. use 3 or 4 different miticides so they don't develop a resistance to the miticide. I wear a chem suit, gloves, boots and a full face respirator.

always spray with the lights off. it will burn the plants otherwise. yes spray 3 to 4 days apart, 3 or 4 times. use 3 or 4 different miticides so they don't develop a resistance to the miticide. I wear a chem suit, gloves, boots and a full face respirator.
I normally use the same spray for the entire regimen and switch over if that doesn't work.
Your way does make sense but I would worry about build up.
But, since you're like me and grow more than one or two at a time I'm going to give your way a try and switch it up during treatment.

JG, it really is imperative to switch up your miticides. It is amazing how fast those little beasties can develop a resistance to a product. Why do you think using different products would cause a "build up", but using the same thing over and over wouldn't? I'd be thinking kind of the opposite.

I also suit up pretty good. I had these funky white things that covered my whole body--used to use them if I had a particularly nasty crawl space to go into

There are 2 different kinds of 1 piece suits. The white 1 is Tyvek, it is for dust and dirt and useless for protection against chemicals. The other is a TyChem suit. It is almost shiny from the coating on the outside. It is imperious to many liquids and chemicals. They also make a 2 piece rain suit type protection, but the respirator is the most important personal protection equipment to use when spraying. You can wash anything that gets on you, off. But if you breathe it in, you are screwed.

Thank you all for your input,
I still have the problem with these darn bugs, it seems no mater what I've been spraying they have become immune to it, it so frustrating and makes me want to quit.lol im not tho being my love for gardening and the final results.lol
I've decided to give the super mites a try and would like to know if anyone has used them and what there experience with them was like.
Thank you all for your time!!!
Travis

Amazing Doctor Zymes?
Thank you miss rosebud!
I'm not sure what it is but I'll look it up and check into it for sure.
Once again thank you

Latest posts

Back