Bugs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😁😁😁

have you grown and smoked the Afghan auto and if so , how’s the high and flavor?

if this is the first time you have grown this strandivar , may I ask where you got your seeds?

cheers
big

I haven’t smoked it yet. I’m a new user and this is my first grow.
I got my seeds from Growers Choice! They have been pretty great with only one seed not germinating.

Found this little turd this morning, so I’ll be keeping an eye out!

Attachments

• E29BC3B0-96BC-4648-B943-B64135CEBC49.jpeg
    E29BC3B0-96BC-4648-B943-B64135CEBC49.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 13
Update!

I used Dr Jacks, and it wasn’t great, but staved off some thrips. I’ve been picking off leafhoppers pretty often, but things got better.
Then I fell asleep at the wheel, and they’ve gotten worse. I reapplied it yesterday and will do another run on Friday.

Here are pictures of the Afghan Auto. We’re about three weeks into flowering, and outside of the bugs, it looks and smells AWESOME!
Thoughts?

Attachments

• D7DF48A3-D557-4464-AA0F-617D5DC51EB8.jpeg
    D7DF48A3-D557-4464-AA0F-617D5DC51EB8.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 83FB7BCC-0E55-460D-AFC5-14C24E80009D.jpeg
    83FB7BCC-0E55-460D-AFC5-14C24E80009D.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 8
  • 9D265C3F-1CFA-4360-8CD3-C20EA70AA050.jpeg
    9D265C3F-1CFA-4360-8CD3-C20EA70AA050.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 14D0B85C-A0A0-40FC-8A65-EE84A3EB9593.jpeg
    14D0B85C-A0A0-40FC-8A65-EE84A3EB9593.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 9
Leaf Hoppers have been a pain in the ass this year. They were eating my mini Eggplants up pretty good but didn't hurt the crop. Ive got two Western Soapberry trees that Leaf Hoppers freaking love the flowers on.

Leaf Hoppers have been a pain in the ass this year. They were eating my mini Eggplants up pretty good but didn't hurt the crop. Ive got two Western Soapberry trees that Leaf Hoppers freaking love the flowers on.

At this point, is this something that could jeopardize the harvest? I know that yields are going to take a hit.

The Japanese beetles were eating mine. They work really too. I sprayed them yesterday. i noticed today they ate up my hibiscus too

The Japanese beetles were eating mine. They work really too. I sprayed them yesterday. i noticed today they ate up my hibiscus too

I have them as well, but after eating my two spinach plants they moved to the Virginia Creeper vines and haven't touched anything else at all that I can tell. At least I think it's Virginia Creeper. It's so chewed up now it's hard to tell. I'm going to make some clones and plant them around the house for the beetles to snack on.

vc01.jpg

I gave my plant a good spray, trying to hit the underside of leaves as well as the tops, with spinosad yesterday, or maybe the day before and still had 3 or 4 leafhoppers this morning. Gave 'em a taste of pyganic to see how they like that.

I gave my plant a good spray, trying to hit the underside of leaves as well as the tops, with spinosad yesterday, or maybe the day before and still had 3 or 4 leafhoppers this morning. Gave 'em a taste of pyganic to see how they like that.
Thats weird as it really keeps them off of mine. I do make small batches of spinosad as the bottle says it doesn’t maintain its strength after it sits. I also recently purchased this spinosad soap spray I used with the thrips. I feel like it helped but was also using lost coast plant therapy at the same time so can’t say which actually got rid of them but outside I do see leaf hoppers but not on my weed plants.
6FE078DA-03F6-48E3-B182-589A0E064C5F.jpeg

Thats weird as it really keeps them off of mine. I do make small batches of spinosad as the bottle says it doesn’t maintain its strength after it sits. I also recently purchased this spinosad soap spray I used with the thrips. I feel like it helped but was also using lost coast plant therapy at the same time so can’t say which actually got rid of them but outside I do see leaf hoppers but not on my weed plants.
View attachment 302247

I most likely just didn't spray heavily enough or missed some spots. Those are crafty little creatures, the leafhoppers.

I most likely just didn't spray heavily enough or missed some spots. Those are crafty little creatures, the leafhoppers.
Yes and smart. Ever notice how they try and hide from you? I tried to take a pic of one and he kept moving from one side of the leaf to the other. camera shy maybe 😁

Latest posts

Back