Bugus Monkey's new and improved puzzle basement and various ramblings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A final note... Before I head out to work for a few.
This thing beats Trim Jail all to F...
It Might not be right for everybody - but for me... I just wish I would have got one years ago. ! !

Looks like Santa was good to you!

I have one that I used regularly on lower buds when I had more plants to harvest……a lot of people will slam them for being rough on the trichomes, but I’ve never had an issue with knocking a few trichomes off my larfy buds. Trims sugar leaves and larf better than I do when I’m in lazy mode….a worthwhile tool. ( I’m not a good trimmer, especially after an hour or more has passed by. )

Look forward to seeing your results Bugus.

Big, GMO, Carty, Pute, Hopper, Airbone, Crash, Fogey - anyone really ... this question is open to one and all... - From above..

Do Foxtails Ever Really Finish?

I bopped around here and saw threads discussing foxtailing (read one lately where Pute and Sub-Girl were discussing them) but never really found a def answer. I generally in the past let mine go awhile and chopped without regard to what the FT's looked like. Just based everything on the trichome colors on the middle of the buds from where they formed.

AND Yes that trimmer does knock a Little Bit of trichomes around but, timewise holy cow, turn it slow and not whip it around real fast like that idiot guy on the you-tube and you'll be fine, and your hands wont be all cramped up the next couple hours / days afterwards. I trimmed wet and the tiny nubs left over where the sugar leaves were, once they were dried, had shrunk up into the bud enough that you don't even notice them.

Big, GMO, Carty, Pute, Hopper, Airbone, Crash, Fogey - anyone really ... this question is open to one and all... - From above..

Do Foxtails Ever Really Finish?

I bopped around here and saw threads discussing foxtailing (read one lately where Pute and Sub-Girl were discussing them) but never really found a def answer. I generally in the past let mine go awhile and chopped without regard to what the FT's looked like. Just based everything on the trichome colors on the middle of the buds from where they formed.

AND Yes that trimmer does knock a Little Bit of trichomes around but, timewise holy cow, turn it slow and not whip it around real fast like that idiot guy on the you-tube and you'll be fine, and your hands wont be all cramped up the next couple hours / days afterwards. I trimmed wet and the tiny nubs left over where the sugar leaves were, once they were dried, had shrunk up into the bud enough that you don't even notice them.
I have only had one strain that foxtailed on me and the trichomes never really ambered up anywhere on the buds. Finally chopped at 14 weeks. My thought on foxtails is they are newer growth than the rest of the bud so they would ripen later than the older, main parts of the bud. I would harvest based on the trichomes on the rest of the bud, not the foxtails. I know you have a trimmer to trim up your buds but you could trim off most of the foxtails by hand I would think if you were concerned about the ripeness of them and keep them separate for a day you need to compete in a triathlon or outrun a cheetah. ;)

Yeaaaa. This was 2 of them. The stringy one was just covered with extremely bright white trichs and the back one had normal cloudy white with ambers here and there. The middle one, still going, is mostly clear, and the chunkiest one of all. It probably has at least another 2 weeks and it is sure pouring on the weight. Now if I can keep the whole 60 / 60 thing I learned here under control I should be needing some jars in a couple weeks. The smell is skunky with a hint of new tires so far. Nothing resembles blackberry smell. Not even close. I need to time these to take advantage of the natural seasons when it comes to drying. I figured heating the garage for the last one cost around 400.00 - These are running with an window AC turned all the way down and dehumidifier set at 55. First smoke report in 14 days give or take.View attachment 296716
Well hello there sext trichomes...nice 2cu!

Well hello there sext trichomes...nice 2cu!
Welcome Mrs Monkey
Heard so much about you, wonderful man you have there .
WELCOME TO THE PASSION
1673049266086.png

A forum avatar for you if you like

1673049438452.png

Welcome madam monkey. Hope you hang with us more. This is a swinging bunch of monkey's around here. Yehaaaaaaaaaa 😁🤠

Headed out to the grow shed with some "Original Mandarin Cookies R1" from Ethos Genetics - I'm going to wait on the Cinderella Run that was in the works. I will get picts of my new set up which is basically a new version of my old setup. I threw all the old hydroton out and took what was left and boiled it. While it was boiling I added a measuring cup of drug store hydrogen peroxide and let that go for at least an hour on a slow simmer. The room and surrounding digs have been double bombed and wiped down with 1:10+ bleach water solution. Hopefully NO Pecker gnats this run. I really don't see any in the buds of last harvest even with the scope. They sure did try and put the hurts on my root system last run. In Illinois with my medical card I personally am allowed 5, so that's the new setup. My last design was not friendly to scrogging. This one should/better be. More picts in a bit.

Attachments

• BoiledHydroton.jpeg
    BoiledHydroton.jpeg
    955.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Germ2.jpeg
    Germ2.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 0
Headed out to the grow shed with some "Original Mandarin Cookies R1" from Ethos Genetics - I'm going to wait on the Cinderella Run that was in the works. I will get picts of my new set up which is basically a new version of my old setup. I threw all the old hydroton out and took what was left and boiled it. While it was boiling I added a measuring cup of drug store hydrogen peroxide and let that go for at least an hour on a slow simmer. The room and surrounding digs have been double bombed and wiped down with 1:10+ bleach water solution. Hopefully NO Pecker gnats this run. I really don't see any in the buds of last harvest even with the scope. They sure did try and put the hurts on my root system last run. In Illinois with my medical card I personally am allowed 5, so that's the new setup. My last design was not friendly to scrogging. This one should/better be. More picts in a bit.
Not sure if you know this, Gnats also are known to live in sink drains, I had them in the kitchen sink a few times.

OK - Pumped from the bottom on a timer. Double bubbles from an adjustable pressure aquarium like airpump. Huge giant bubble rock diffusers from hydro store. Solution pressure to the individual baskets is adjustable. The lid to this thing will no-longer have to be lifted and propped up while I am working enabling scrog hopefully! I was going to do the high pressure thing with the misty jets in the bottom only but thought I needed another couple runs under my belt first. My intention was to build this with CPVC along with fittings that would have allowed individual flexable tubes run to each basket. But the fittings are no longer there at the box stores. I had to or was sort of forced to use schedule 40. Everything is going to PEX. My advice to anyone who is planning on building something similar... Go get it done... There was basically nothing left to pick from at the box stores connection wise around Springfield. I was always told that you don't want any metal in or used in conjunction with a hydrosystem because you do not want any metal leaching into your solution... Who knows - maybe that was some tall tale pipedream from the 80's...

Attachments

• PressureAdjust.jpeg
    PressureAdjust.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PumpOn.jpeg
    PumpOn.jpeg
    820.9 KB · Views: 0
  • HVAC.jpeg
    HVAC.jpeg
    588.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Scrog.jpeg
    Scrog.jpeg
    718.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Ends.jpeg
    Ends.jpeg
    588.1 KB · Views: 0
  • TheMess.jpeg
    TheMess.jpeg
    566.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PumpNBubbleRock1.jpeg
    PumpNBubbleRock1.jpeg
    714.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Overview.jpeg
    Overview.jpeg
    827.4 KB · Views: 0
I don't think the no metal rule is a tall tale. The salts from the nutrients will corrode even some stainless over time.

Latest posts

Back