Bugus Monkey's new and improved puzzle basement and various ramblings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have at least taken root pictures last night but I was spent after squeezing my F a ss around that little space setting up the low pressure aeroponics. The amount of growth in 24 hours of just the roots... WOW. Next is a slightly more powerful pump from one of our great current sponsors VIVOSUN. The Hydroguard is getting a work out. I been researching aquarium chillers. Hopefully I have them both up and running before the first buds start to show. At the end of this week the net (Next) is going over and the week after is 12/12 and off to the races.

Attachments

• Next.jpeg
    Next.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 6MarG.jpeg
    6MarG.jpeg
    788.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 6MarF.jpeg
    6MarF.jpeg
    699.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 6MarE.jpeg
    6MarE.jpeg
    620.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 6MarD.jpeg
    6MarD.jpeg
    591.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6MarC.jpeg
    6MarC.jpeg
    524.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 6MarB.jpeg
    6MarB.jpeg
    698.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 6MarA.jpeg
    6MarA.jpeg
    697.6 KB · Views: 0
I put my scrog over and it just made me cringe. The 2 pictures with it on shows how much room I have to work around which is about 5 inches in each side. They were screaming at me. Why are you squishing us??? It had to go. Then I gave them a giant haircut / trim / defoliation.. I am going to let them recover from the giant smush and start 12/12 mid to the end of this week.

I bought a new pump and the veins or blade inside will not spin. It only vibrates. Or technically only oscillates - slightly... I will be exchanging it (Fingers Crossed) as it is fresh out of the box... We will see how it goes. I will definitely keep everyone posted if they give me trouble. They shouldn't, they are a bigger name in our industry...

So no - there will be no scrog for me. My room is not designed for it.

Attachments

• 13Mar.jpeg
    13Mar.jpeg
    783.7 KB · Views: 0
  • OnOuchie2.jpeg
    OnOuchie2.jpeg
    787.1 KB · Views: 0
  • OnOuchie.jpeg
    OnOuchie.jpeg
    971.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Rootsa.jpeg
    Rootsa.jpeg
    780.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Roots.jpeg
    Roots.jpeg
    732.8 KB · Views: 0
Aren't you going to train the branches out horizontally to spread them all over the netting before flipping? An extra 2 weeks or so of veg could give you a huge yield boost.

Don't weave the branches just tie them over with short pieces of twist tie loosely so you don't pinch the tender grow tip with just a single twist so later you can take them off easily to move forward again. Usually about 3 or 4 on each grow tip and you just keep moving the back one to the front as needed. Main branches may have to be secured in a spot here and there but not much.

I have that twist tie on a roll but it's really thin and can cut into the branches if you're not careful. The thicker ones are better and can be cut in half to double your ties.

Just a thought.

☮️

The limitations are the size of the room itself and how I'm suppose to get my F-A-ss to the 2 back plants and tuck them under and tie them down. I plain out just don't fit back there and cannot stretch / reach it either. That room was designed for 1 plant, then I tried 3 with the previous set up, 5 is my legal limit. Reality is I have several ounces left of every grow I ever ran through there. When this one is finished, I'm going to pick up some dry ice and run all the older stuff through my bubble bag and with the kief make edibles again. I'll have fresh weed and a small mountain of trichomes for yummies. I have some ideas for outdoors this summer though. I used to look forward to St. Patrick's Day, the old timers in my area claim that is the day to start your indoor stuff to be taken outdoors in a few of weeks. Yabba Gabba Goo and then some.

The limitations are the size of the room itself and how I'm suppose to get my F-A-ss to the 2 back plants and tuck them under and tie them down. I plain out just don't fit back there and cannot stretch / reach it either. That room was designed for 1 plant, then I tried 3 with the previous set up, 5 is my legal limit. Reality is I have several ounces left of every grow I ever ran through there. When this one is finished, I'm going to pick up some dry ice and run all the older stuff through my bubble bag and with the kief make edibles again. I'll have fresh weed and a small mountain of trichomes for yummies. I have some ideas for outdoors this summer though. I used to look forward to St. Patrick's Day, the old timers in my area claim that is the day to start your indoor stuff to be taken outdoors in a few of weeks. Yabba Gabba Goo and then some.
Get a room

I have the same problem with the back plants in my tent that are scrogged down. I try to get them trimmed up as much as possible before I strap them in but they always need more maintenance down there during the grow. I’m kinda getting a little old for crawling down underneath, laying on my back to reach them. Would be nice to have a grow room but I have to deal with it a bit longer before that happens. I did find a nice fuel pump with a long wand to help water and nutes but my fat-ass can’t fit either 🤣

I have 2, one 12' by 12' by 9 foot tall fully insulated with HVAC in place just sitting there, and another that is 50 by 75 with 15 foot ceiling - No HVAC present though. If I wasn't happily married helping Mrs. Monkey raise her teenager I might consider it. (All my kids are grown and gone). The 2 people I have shared a smoke with say the stuff is devastating. They think I am getting it elsewhere. I think one of the biggest secrets to this whole shin dig (Besides a person keeping their mouth shut) is the waiting of the proverbial 2 more weeks, then wait one more... hahaha. My electronic computerized loupe is a big help too. I knew about loupes before I got here. IDK - It is tempting @RosterMan - If I ever did decide to, it is something I wouldn't share with the group and def not post any pictures of, other than asking questions to a couple individuals here when necessary on the side. I thought about it but, I don't want to be the town weedman again. Took years to live that down. I still see people from that life. They always got to stop me at the gas station or local pub / store and tell me who just brought in town what and how much of whatever. And it's ALWAYS - Oh by the way, stop by some time. I just keep my head down and stay quiet about what little I got going on here. I never stop by in the hope that eventually they would stop telling me stuff. The only 2 people I smoked with are as old as most of the people here and their reputations for staying quiet runs all the way back to when we all went to grade school together. I am going to pass.

After you do the dry ice extraction, you might want to make cannabutter with what is left. I did that last year with some trim I had from a few years ago and was surprised how potent the butter is. The brownies I made with that butter had me experience auditory hallucinations when I ate a 1 inch cube. I now only eat a quarter or even an eighth of a cube. It was a little too intense for me…

After you do the dry ice extraction, you might want to make cannabutter with what is left. I did that last year with some trim I had from a few years ago and was surprised how potent the butter is. The brownies I made with that butter had me experience auditory hallucinations when I ate a 1 inch cube. I now only eat a quarter or even an eighth of a cube. It was a little too intense for me…
Mr Subbie gets those auditory hallucinations too but not from cannabutter 🤣

Mr Subbie gets those auditory hallucinations too but not from cannabutter 🤣
I took a shower when I was having them and the water hitting different surfaces in the shower made different tones and timbres. It was like music. As I said, a bit too intense for me but the music was interesting. Kinda had a ‘New Age’/Andreas Vollenveider feel to it.

I hear you about how it piles up when you keep growing it. So many strains, so little time.

Wife is crabbing about all the room taken up in the freezer with sealed cans and freezer bags full of pot so I'm trying to get an old 4x8 grow tent back from a buddy to use as a clean room to set up my stills and make a little DIY fume hood to turn all that stuff into oils for meds. 2 batches, 1 all the regular THC strains and the other all the CBD strains then samples of each going to a lab in Vancouver for testing. Then I can make my meds knowing how much of what is in them.

I was growing autos outside the last 3 years then last summer was wondering why the same ones weren't doing as well as the year before until I started cropping and found them full of seeds from the hemp farm down the road I didn't know was there. All indoors again now and avoiding flowering during the late spring, mid June, and summer as that sneaky pollen will find it's way into the house too. Hopefully not down into the dungeon but could get there too.

Lots of goodie left on the pot after the bubble bags so don't just toss it. If you do toss it leave it where the local homeless can find it and they'll be happy to dispose of it properly. :)

☮️

Oh wow a hemp farm how unlucky is that. Maybe you need to plant some of @oldfogey8 s freak seeds outside to have a little fun with the hemp farm plants 🤣

I have some Freakshow IBL seeds here but don't know if I'll ever grow them. Don't really need any more freak shows in my life. :D

I do like to wave my freak flag high tho. ;)

☮️

I have some Freakshow IBL seeds here but don't know if I'll ever grow them. Don't really need any more freak shows in my life. :D

I do like to wave my freak flag high tho. ;)

☮️
I’m gonna grow the freaks again this year on my back porch. They are beautiful and a different buzz for some. You could plant a couple in that hemp field and have a totally different crop next year 🤓

I have 2, one 12' by 12' by 9 foot tall fully insulated with HVAC in place just sitting there, and another that is 50 by 75 with 15 foot ceiling - No HVAC present though. If I wasn't happily married helping Mrs. Monkey raise her teenager I might consider it. (All my kids are grown and gone). The 2 people I have shared a smoke with say the stuff is devastating. They think I am getting it elsewhere. I think one of the biggest secrets to this whole shin dig (Besides a person keeping their mouth shut) is the waiting of the proverbial 2 more weeks, then wait one more... hahaha. My electronic computerized loupe is a big help too. I knew about loupes before I got here. IDK - It is tempting @RosterMan - If I ever did decide to, it is something I wouldn't share with the group and def not post any pictures of, other than asking questions to a couple individuals here when necessary on the side. I thought about it but, I don't want to be the town weedman again. Took years to live that down. I still see people from that life. They always got to stop me at the gas station or local pub / store and tell me who just brought in town what and how much of whatever. And it's ALWAYS - Oh by the way, stop by some time. I just keep my head down and stay quiet about what little I got going on here. I never stop by in the hope that eventually they would stop telling me stuff. The only 2 people I smoked with are as old as most of the people here and their reputations for staying quiet runs all the way back to when we all went to grade school together. I am going to pass.

I hear you Brother , maybe build a hidden wall with a veg and bloom room off the big one.
False wall with bookcase entrance type of spy stuff.
My room is hidden behind such a thing

I’m gonna grow the freaks again this year on my back porch. They are beautiful and a different buzz for some. You could plant a couple in that hemp field and have a totally different crop next year 🤓

I don't know about that. They grew 640, a quarter section, of industrial hemp last year and doubling it this year with a few more guys starting crops as well. There's a new hemp processing plant here now and it should be in operation soon to start trial runs on last year's crop so it's all ready to rock when this year's gets harvested. I've looked up the equipment they are installing and it's all state of the art stuff. Wish I had a spare 5 grand to invest in it but I'd have to dip into the TFSA again and I'm trying not to do that anymore.

If the wife and I quit smoking we could have that 5G in 10 months but would probably spend it on something else. :)

☮️

I want it to be known by the Mod's and especially our Members here that I recently received EXCELLENT customer service from our sponsor VIVOSUN !!!!!!!

Through contact here prior to purchase and afterwards following the sale. I had a minor issue and their people went above and beyond and fixed the situation. They treat people right.

THANK YOU @VIVOSUN

@pute, @WeedHopper, @Hippie420

Latest posts

Back