Build a new flower room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bongofury

Need a light?
Reaction score
I want to build a new flower area for 1 plant only. I was thinking 3' deep X 5' wide. I was thinking of a 600 watt HPS light above the plant and a 600 watt HPS light on the side of the plant. Set the plant on a lazy susan so it turns slowly.

I can build this new area up to 12' high lol but that is probably an extreme.

I just want to grow 1 really nice plant at a time and just let it grow. Build it High enough for a Sativa strain if I decide to.

Am I thinking straight? or am I just stoned?

3x5 will hold several plants depending the style of growing your going to do......... those sativa can be tamed so they don't get 12 ft tall......... dgf is running 12 plants in a 4x4 right now. enjoy the high..........

One plant in that space will not do well and will not give the yield that more plants will. You can only do so much with plants indoors. The number of plants you can get into a given space is a totally dependent on what strain you are growing, how long you veg, and how big it gets. But I cannot image a single plant that covers 15 sq ft. The training and veg time would be horrendous.

Side lighting is not really that good of an idea. The underside of leaves do not need or want lighting. this is unavoidable with side lighting. The 1000W would far better overhead, although there is a light threshold point (and I am guessing that 300,000 lumens in 15 sq ft is there or beyond) without CO2 enhancement....and that is a whole other subject.

When starting out, stick with tried and true methods. After you get some grows under your belt and know what the plants need and want, then is the time to start experimenting some, if you must.

Wow. Thanks for the advise THG. I'm glad I asked. :eek::confused:

Latest posts

Back