building a flowering room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruufuus

novice ethnobotanist
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm ready to start flowering the 2 sour diesel plants I was given last week and I need some input on building my flowering chamber. First off I have to keep the veg and flower chamber in the same closet, so I need to creat a light proof barrier between the two. I have some heavy dust thick black plastic, staple gun and duct tape, this much I can handle, the part I need help with however is heating, and ventilation. I originally planned to schedule the light cycle around the light cycle as it is outside, but I need means of keeping the ladies warm at night when the temperature drops into the 20s(the house is not centraly heated). Running. A space heater in there seems pretty risky since the area is so small, and I fear it might burn em. I'm thinking abojut running the exhaust duct from my 400w cooltube into flowering chamber to keep the temp up, as well as bring in some ventilation. I will begin the task tomorrow mid day, so any input I could get from you all betweeen now and then will be greately appreciated.

Ps how many lumens can I let leak into the flowering chamber without causing a problem? Ie how many lumens does a full moon reflect?

the moon causes hermies btw!! ive seen it happen!

ZERO LIGHT........you shouldnt even be able to see your hand 1in from your eyes! or potentially hermie!!!!

2 months wasted!!!

MJ naturally wants to grow seeds....you as the grower must prevent that as much as possible.....unless breeding!

just MO!

GL and happy growing!!

I think that it is a great idea to use the heat from your vegging space to keep your flowering girls warm during the dark period. How large is your flowering space?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think that it is a great idea to use the heat from your vegging space to keep your flowering girls warm during the dark period. How large is your flowering space?
thank you, that means alot coming from someone of your standpoint.

my flowering space is about 3-5 sqr. ft(only a guesstimation based on eye mesasurements:p )

i will get it figured out. my main concern is having the shelf there, so i have to run extra plastic from the shelf to the ceiling, but in theory it shouldnt be much of a problem. i plan to get it all worked out in the matter of a couple hours tomorrow. i wanted to ask you guys while this thread is still actively being viewed, do you think i can flower my 2 plants and get healthy, dense buds with 150w hps? i believe it is rated to put off about 15,000 lumens, and i got a new bulb ima put in to flower em with just for that extra oomph. but i dont wanna sell myself short here, but i wanna use my 400w for the veg room as there are many more plants there. also i have a few extra 26w daylight cfls laying around, do you think it would be beneficial to use them for some side lighting in corporation with the 150w hps?

150w hps may be effective on 2 small plants... how big are your plants? what size pots are they in?

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
150w hps may be effective on 2 small plants... how big are your plants? what size pots are they in?
they are about 3 and a half foot tall, and 1 and a half to 2ft wide.

Use the 400W for flowering--the flowering plants need the larger light. A 150W is only good for a space 1' x 3'. How large is your vegging space, how many plants are in there and why would you have "many more plants" there as your flowering space is only good for about 2 plants? Your flowering space should be about twice the size of your vegging space and be lit accordingly.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Use the 400W for flowering--the flowering plants need the larger light. A 150W is only good for a space 1' x 3'. How large is your vegging space, how many plants are in there and why would you have "many more plants" there as your flowering space is only good for about 2 plants? Your flowering space should be about twice the size of your vegging space and be lit accordingly.
the plants were givin to me, i have 4 other plants in veg that are about a foot tall, i also have another 4 plants that are still fairly small and need more veg. i think the foot tall plants could be flowered with the sour diesel plants, in which case i could move the 4 smaller plants into the smaller area, and use the larger area, and larger light to flower the other 6 plants, which it seems like i should...

How big was your space? I dont see 6 plants fitting in to 5 sq ft. anyway you arrange them. I run six plants at a time in around 18 sq ft. and Im sorta crowded.

Lemon Jack is right about space. I run 6-8 plants in a space almost 20 sq ft and it can become quite crowded.

If your space is small, you are going to want to flower these when quite small (and remember that more plants does not mean more bud--sometimes it is the opposite).

I got it set up, flowering 5 plants in about 5 x3 space. I am contemplating ordering a 4>4 grow tent to use as a flowering tent, and I'm wondering how do I hang the lights in it, how many plants could I flower in it, and how much lighting should I use the flower in it? Got plenty of clones from the sour d plants for the next run, but I need to invest in more room, any advice or info on this tent would be verey helpful

Ps its the gyo1008 by led wholesalers.

Most Grow tents that I have seen have a metal frame with a pretty strong bar that runs in the middle across the top where you would attach your light and can hold a decent amount of weight. Tents are great, they have plenty holes for ventilation and reflective material on the inside so no need to spend extra money on mylar. They usually have a waterproof spill tray in the bottom in case of spills and easy to keep clean instead of having to really clean and keep clean a closet. Overall in my opinion they are a great investment!

Latest posts

Back