building a new room, waterfarm drip ring 10x10 3600w co2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budking

hydroking
Reaction score
Hello everyone its been a while and I figured I would do another journal this time around because I'm building a new room and the 1st run should be interesting.
Pics will come tomorrow
I'm in bed on my tablet so typing is a ***** so I'm going to keep it short for now but I promise I will do a through update.
This is a legal grow for a medical co-op

I'm working with a bedroom.
I have painted and sealed the room off completely.
I'm working with a room that's 10x10 and a decent size closet.
About 3/4 the way done with the room setup and will be up and running by the end of the week.
3 1k mh/hps lights above in cool tubes vented in from the window which I have drywalled over and painted and out through the ceiling. With 8 4ft t5 sun strips on the floor
16 gh waterfarm buckets attached to a 15gl controller and 25gl rez (I had to build my own cause gh sux and is over priced)
20lbs CO2 tank w/c.a.p ppm-4 co2 controller
13000 BTU dual hose portable ac vented through the ceiling w/ heat,cool,dehumidifier and auto setting(fingers crossed)
The clones will be coming from a botanicare 60 site bubble cloner most likely 2 strains depend on what looks good.
Just wanting to clarify the room is 100% sealed and co2 around 1500ppm

I think this is in the wrong section mate. But sounds like quite the setup!!

What a huge undertaking! How long have you been growing?

I do not understand the purpose of the T5s on the floor? I also do not believe that the 1000W in cool tubes is your best choice. I find that cool tubes do best with smaller wattage lights. For a room that size and the fact that you are somewhat underlit with 3000W of HPS, I would be going for large air coolable reflectors. I also believe that you are going to have problems with 16 Waterfarms with only a 15 gal controller and a 25 gal res. Have you decided on nutes yet? Do you have pH and ppm meters?

Good luck on your project. This is going to take a lot to get going and a lot of work to keep going. I can move this to the Growroom section if you would like.

I have been using 1k's in cool tubes for about 4 years now, yea I have all the meters and everything. I have been running the set up for about 3 years just moving to a bigger room. The light was my concern aswell. The t5s were just extra lights I had around because I didn't want to buy another 1k. But I was hoping for 4k but budgeted for this so it will have to wait. I measured and the room 9x9. 3 1000 watts and 8 t5s is still on the light side I know but it will have to until the second run.
And yes I know this is the journal section and it will be a journal lol I just started a few days before the grow, lol. You can move it to any location you feel. I don't mind sorry if I'm the wrong place
I currently use Canna aqua nuts w booster.
I also add hydrogen peroxide to the rez and nuts( the good peroxide from the shops) helps with algea.
I to was also worried about the size of the rez and controller. But strait from the gh factory they make the "Texas controller" which is a 20gl controller and a 20gl rez which made for and recomended for use with 16 water farm buckets. Just made my own. Instead of buying it. I made a 25 gl rez and a 18gl contoller.

I was running 9 buckets with the original 8 pack controller which is like 5-6gl controller and a 13gl rez and it was fine so I'm pretty confident with the controller size

Nice....this shld be fun to watch. Good luck and Green Mojo.

thanks hamster I'm super excited my self. Pics will come soon.
Also this will be the fist time I've run a portable AC with the dual hose so it will be interesting how well it does at not pumping out the co2

Hi fellow WA member :) The portable AC is a really really bad idea running CO2. Your just throwing $ out the window. While it might not seem like much it will add up and def up your net production costs per gram. I know. Cause back in the day, I used to use one. I switched to a 3 ton self contained AC and never looked back. I dont grow big like that anymore. But I have been there. But if you cant afford another 1k and large reflectors, a self contained AC is outta the question. If you can find the money. A one ton chiller that will run CO2 and keep your water temps at a constant 65 is another option. Just throwing ideas out there for ya. Oh. And I would just lose the T5 strips brotha. They aint do gonna nothing for you.

Anyhow. GL and welcome back. Will keep eye out for pics.

hail fellow water farmer..

what mods to your system didi you make? I use commercial air pumps with stones in each bucket.. I also have made two 8 pack systems into "undercurrent- lite" systems..

anything special on your end?

nouvellechef said:
Hi fellow WA member :) The portable AC is a really really bad idea running CO2. Your just throwing $ out the window. While it might not seem like much it will add up and def up your net production costs per gram. I know. Cause back in the day, I used to use one. I switched to a 3 ton self contained AC and never looked back. I dont grow big like that anymore. But I have been there. But if you cant afford another 1k and large reflectors, a self contained AC is outta the question. If you can find the money. A one ton chiller that will run CO2 and keep your water temps at a constant 65 is another option. Just throwing ideas out there for ya. Oh. And I would just lose the T5 strips brotha. They aint do gonna nothing for you.

Anyhow. GL and welcome back. Will keep eye out for pics.

That's why my fingers are crossed, the unit is a dual hose unit. Supposed to pull air from outside in one hose and exhaust out the other. Creating no negative pressure. Apparently well see

I'm with NV on the T5s They are not going to help in conjunction with the 1000s. You need T5s right on top of the canopy to be effective.

This should be a fun grow to follow. Do you have a separate vegging space?

I veg in the same room. Start with 5 inch tall clones from a bubble cloner. Then into the hydrotron. Veg under 3k mh for 24 hours maybe 3 weeks then flower. Each bucket has 'a tomato cage over it. And a "'8x8 metal garden screen over the top of everything.
I'm ditching the t5s you guys are right. Damn it I want more light lol. Although hear me out, the total lumen output of the 8 t5s is around 50k lumens. I was planning to use them in conjunction with my 3 1k mh for veg. Because the mh don't put out as many lumens . The t5s help stop the stretch. When I flower out and switch to hps bulbs I get a lot more lumens and stop the t5s. I have been doing it this way for a few years with good results. Thoughts?

the exhaust from the AC unit just pulls the co2 out the room! if you have sufficient intake air, no need for co2! sealed is a different ball game!

sounds fun though, hope to c pics soon!

Budking said:
I veg in the same room. Start with 5 inch tall clones from a bubble cloner. Then into the hydrotron. Veg under 3k mh for 24 hours maybe 3 weeks then flower. Each bucket has 'a tomato cage over it. And a "'8x8 metal garden screen over the top of everything.
I'm ditching the t5s you guys are right. Damn it I want more light lol. Although hear me out, the total lumen output of the 8 t5s is around 50k lumens. I was planning to use them just for veg. Because the mh don't put out as many lumens . The t5s help stop the stretch. When I flower out and switch to hps bulbs I get a lot more lumens and stop the t5s. I have been doing it this way for a few years with good results. Thoughts?

T5's for cuts/seedlings

MH for veg...IMO works better than T5...1k though!

HPS for flower

I personally have actually found that I get better veggy growth with T5s than I did with MH. I also really like that they run so much cooler. I have several MH in storage and I gave one away because I simply do not use them anymore.

Kushluvr said:
the exhaust from the AC unit just pulls the co2 out the room! if you have sufficient intake air, no need for co2! sealed is a different ball game!

sounds fun though, hope to c pics soon!

Like I said previously the AC unit was purchased for this purpose. It is a "dual hose design"
Meaning its has 2 hoses. One hose brings in out side air to cool the condenser and the other hose exhaust the hot back out side the room creating no negative room pressure.
The AC unit came from a grow shop, SoleusAir LX-140. It is a heater, AC, dehumedifer, and fan all in one and it will not pump out my co2!!!!!

the room is just about done. clones possibly tomorrow but probably on fri.

the lighting went up okay but because of the lack of the 4th 1k the light bulb placement is not the way i wanted it. in a row like that but i had limited options.

just waiting on the light controller in the mail (mail tomorrow) then the room will be fully function .

note during veg while the plants are small i keep the buckets all cramed together like that (easier to get too for some lst and fan leave clipping and closer to the light) eventually the bbuckets will be speard out as the plats require more space.

DSCF1780.JPG

DSCF1777.JPG

DSCF1778.JPG

DSCF1782.JPG

DSCF1781.JPG

DSCF1783.JPG

DSCF1785.JPG

DSCF1784.JPG

DSCF1786.JPG

Budking said:
the room is just about done. clones possibly tomorrow but probably on fri.

the lighting went up okay but because of the lack of the 4th 1k the light bulb placement is not the way i wanted it. in a row like that but i had limited options.

just waiting on the light controller in the mail (mail tomorrow) then the room will be fully function .

note during veg while the plants are small i keep the buckets all cramed together like that (easier to get too for some lst and fan leave clipping and closer to the light) eventually the bbuckets will be speard out as the plats require more space.

Why would you be doing any fan leaf clipping? :eek:

lol right. depends on how thick everything gets but sometimes ill clip some leaves while their veging and the light can penetrate deeper into the plant. in the past i will fill a room this size and have literally complete darknes below the conopy of green. hence the t5s sitting on the floor pointing up and clipping a few fan leaves to thin the plants out a bit. ii have found that this prosses help reduce shwag and hash buds.

i am very carefull not to clip more than a few leafs from each plant every few days for fear of shocking them to much. but it seems to help.

i am anticipating have this problem due to h general lack of light. and considering i have about 7ft clearence when the lights are up i will be able veg a bit longer and the rooms is def gonna fill nice

Plants do not want or need light to their undersides. This is detrimental to good growth and encourages stretch. Plants in nature are never lit from underneath and the plant did not develop to receive light from the underside. It confuses the plant and certainly can affect growth adversely. I do not believe that there is any upside and many downsides to light on the floor.

Fan leaves are the little solar panels that turn light nutrients and other good things into THC, CBC, and other good things. IMO. clipping fan leaves does no good. It is not the stress--it is that you are basically taking away part of the plant's ability to grow. Clipping fan leaves does nothing to prevent schwagg and hash buds. If anything it makes more "hash buds". If you want to clip anything, clip off the lower bud sites and leave the fan leaves alone. Or lollypop and clip the entire branch. You are doing your plant no favors by trimming fan leaves or lighting them from underneath.

Well everything u said made sence, so I read a little bit and u are completely right not that I ever doubted you :icon_smile: I will completely ditch the t5s and never again from underneath. I'm going to try clipping some of the bud sites like you mentioned. Thanks for the input, clearly i need to spend more time on here it will deffinatly do me some good.:D

Latest posts

Back