Building code

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
Good afternoon,,,, my father in-law just had his roof replaced,,, 8000 I paid for it as an anniversary gift,,,, 65 years,,, anyway he comes to me and ask me to look at the window in the spare bedroom,,, when they put the new roof on they told him there were afew spots one above the window,,, anyway looking at the window I can see slot of rot,,, the whole header is rotten and the stud to the right of the window,,,, I pull out the rot with my hand,,,, I was impressed with the fact that trailer had 2x6 as exterior walls ,,,,as I Doug further into the rot I could see the vinyl siding,,, there was no sheathing on the house,,, the vinyl was screwed into the 2x6 no plywood ,,,I could not believe it,,,, I called a buddy of mine who use to build trailers and asked him,,,,turns out that how they built them like that in the 70s and 80s ,,,,there was no building code back then,,,, on wonder hurricane Andrew caused all that damage,,, anyway just ranting

Rant all you want. You are right though, there were no building codes for mobile homes years back.

Latest posts

Back