Built a bubble cloner...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lemon Jack said:
I use the 4 in cubes so I thought about letting it grow a little root then just fitting it in to the whole cut for the 1 in cube and filling around with a little hydroton. I think Im gonna try this I dont see why it wouldnt work

Give it a try.....I grow almost exclusively in soil so it's not worth the extra work for me. I can just bury the roots in soil. You cld get some foot root growth and then transplant into hydroton in net pots.

Well i built one yesterday hammy. I got 2 cuts of my lemon skunk and 2 of my Jack 47 in now. Hopefully they root:) then I'll try to fit them in like I mentioned

wouldn't the size of the tote/res. dictate the size of the pump and airstones used? shallow/deep?
the little pump we use to bubble our nutes would never be enough to mist the stem.

FA$TCA$H said:
wouldn't the size of the tote/res. dictate the size of the pump and airstones used? shallow/deep?
the little pump we use to bubble our nutes would never be enough to mist the stem.

Let me clarify what is going on here...there is no misting being done. I believe that is aeroponics....this is simply a DWC for clones. The clone stems are in the water not above it. The air pump and stone provide oxygen to the stems and roots once they start growing.

I also keep my stems about 1/2 inch under the water, never an issue.

dman1234 said:
I also keep my stems about 1/2 inch under the water, never an issue.

Yeah I didn't think it wld work unless they were in the water....was afraid they might dry out if I hung them above the water.

ah man i have mine sitting just above the water i thought that waS how it was supposed to be dang now i prob ruined more cuts

Lemon Jack said:
ah man i have mine sitting just above the water i thought that waS how it was supposed to be dang now i prob ruined more cuts

im pretty sure many do it your way also.

Alright great my cloning attempts have been lets say sub par. My first attempt all 4 died rather quickly. My second are now sitting for 10 days no sign of root. and there all start ing to die. So yesterday I built one of these hopind for more sucess. I sure hope i get it down before I cut every single branch off my plants lol.

Mine have always been right above the water with tons of bubbles,,and I have never had an issue. I make sure there are no light leaks getting into the rez and a little SuperThrive in my water.

WeedHopper said:
Mine have always been right above the water with tons of bubbles,,and I have never had an issue. I make sure there are no light leaks getting into the rez and a little SuperThrive in my water.

Good to know....so I won't sweat it if they are not in the water.

Hamster Lewis said:
Good to know....so I won't sweat it if they are not in the water.

to be honest HL, i think we may be the only ones who allow them in the water, i have seen on here people say that they can rot in the water but i have never had an issue.

Ya when you guys said that I was like shoot. LOL. But now I feel alot better about it. But I have seen both of your guys sucess first hand here on MP so maybe I should put a lil more water in it.

The reason for keeping them above water, is roots are drawn toward the water source as they grow. The bursting bubbles gives the roots plenty of oxygen. Makes the roots longer much quicker.

Latest posts

Back