Built a bubble cloner...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
So I got tired of how long my clone dome has been taking to throw roots and decided, with a lil prodding from Nchef, to build a cheap bubble cloner. Used Massproducer's DIY thread for reference. Hopefully my lil ones will throw roots faster.

5 bucks for pump

2.50 an air stone
4 bucks for the tote and lid
2.50 for 25 feet of air hose
1.50 for the T
Had the brown spray paint

So like 18.00 or so. Can't wait to try it out...my Larry Moms need a trim...
:)

SANY0014.jpg SANY0015.JPG

SANY0017.jpg SANY0020.JPG

I love that you can see through it. Now I want to do mine over. Looks great Hammy.

That's nice Hammy. But I have one question. When the cuttings root, how do you get them out of the top without damaging the new roots. I use an EZ-cloner and sometimes have to be careful pulling the clones' roots through the 2" holes in that thing. I must be missing something here.

Nice Hammy. I loved the one I built like that. They work great. I bet ya gonna like it.

Hushpuppy said:
That's nice Hammy. But I have one question. When the cuttings root, how do you get them out of the top without damaging the new roots. I use an EZ-cloner and sometimes have to be careful pulling the clones' roots through the 2" holes in that thing. I must be missing something here.

This to get them started...won't be letting them grow much root. From here they will go into either soil or rock wool cubes...my biggest problem lately is getting them to throw any root at all. If this gets me over the hump then great. I cld make the holes bigger and use bigger tubing like suggested in Mass' thread. Maybe make the holes big enough to put a rapid rooter in..?

I bet sticking the rapid rooter in just a bit(maybe 1/3-1/2 way) would work real good, but making the hole bigger and pushing like 1/2" tube into the hole would allow it to get a few more roots. Do you use cloning gel or clonex? It's probably overkill but I use the both of them with my system.

Hamster Lewis said:
This to get them started...won't be letting them grow much root. From here they will go into either soil or rock wool cubes...my biggest problem lately is getting them to throw any root at all. If this gets me over the hump then great. I cld make the holes bigger and use bigger tubing like suggested in Mass' thread. Maybe make the holes big enough to put a rapid rooter in..?
very cool cloner :) why were they not rooting at all? i have compared oasis foam cloning with a bubbler, results were very similar in same conditions. the biggest factor for rooting was temps and humidity. i would make the holes bit bigger. i would also not use spray paint at all, just some black duct tape. if paint starts peeling off, you can still do that...

thanx, now we will have to build one. have been just using rootone straight into soil.
is that pump big enuff? been ponderin the bigger 2 outlet pump at wally world..$20

Nice hammy...somebody hit up Wallyworld lol ...I was just there getting some of the same stuff for my compost tea brewer. Gotta let us know how it works out

Fast - They have a 2 outlet 10-60 gal. pump for $10 and I think the 60+ gal. 2 outlet pump for $15

I use one of these, I cut larger holes and then tape strips of panda film over the holes, then i poke small holes in the film and set the clone in, when they are nicely rooted, I slice into the film and remove the clones, works great.

since i switched to this way of clonning i think im 52 out of 55 rooted within 15 days.
I also dont use a dome for the bubbler, but thats jmo.

FA$TCA$H said:
thanx, now we will have to build one. have been just using rootone straight into soil.
is that pump big enuff? been ponderin the bigger 2 outlet pump at wally world..$20

Yeah gonna get a bigger pump next week. This one will only power one of the air stones.... Had both hooked up but no good.

I make larger holes (1" or so) and use thin strips of foam called sill seal to wrap around the stems to hold them in the holes.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I make larger holes (1" or so) and use thin strips of foam called sill seal to wrap around the stems to hold them in the holes.

I saw that THG....might hve to give that a try. I made the holes bigger and am using the plastic bread clips right now. Wld like to make the holes a lil bigger so I will find some foam. Thanks

PuffinNugs said:
good luck. i never got good results with mine. i had better luck with the dome. you defintly got it bulit well

Thanks bro....I have already had better results with the bubble cloner. It is nice to be able to see the roots starting rather then using the rapid rooters and just waiting and wondering if they are even growing. I needed to do something because running cuts from moms is the bomb.....:D I don't mind popping a cpl beans from time to time though.

Hamster Lewis said:

You mention putting them into rockwool cubes how would you get them in there without damaging the roots?

Lemon Jack said:
You mention putting them into rockwool cubes how would you get them in there without damaging the roots?

Yeah I realized that wldnt be feasable at all....my plan wld hve been to wait till you see root bumps and then transplant into rock wool and keep the rock wool moist till roots began to show out the sides. Too much work and room for error so I just wait till there is good root growth and then plant in soil and dome for a few days.

I use the 4 in cubes so I thought about letting it grow a little root then just fitting it in to the whole cut for the 1 in cube and filling around with a little hydroton. I think Im gonna try this I dont see why it wouldnt work

Latest posts

Back