Bulb Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2small

Reaction score
I think I might just use the bulb that comes with the light system I am about to buy or do you think I should spend the extra cheese to get a full spectrum bulb? Does a regualr bulb lower the potency of my herb or does it make it hard for the plant to grow properly?

Whats up 2small. What kind of light system are you planning on buying?

What kind of light is it exactly 2small?

MH or HPS are good lights. A good rule of thumb is to have 50 watts per square foot, or 6000 lumens per square foot for best results.

Check out this page, read, read and read some more and it should answer all your questions! Good luck! :D

http://greenmanspage.com/guides/lighting.html

You can use the bulb it comes with and will get good results, the nest step up is just a bit more usuable spectrum and will help out but it's not going to double the yield or anything. I say once you need a new one, get a better one, especially if money is an issue right now.
You may want to start posting light questions in the light section further down the forum list also, hence the ballast post being moved.
"a place for everything and everything in its place" As my old shop teacher said, over and over and over!

Latest posts

Back