Bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terky

Reaction score
Hello,

I am gonna start a new grow with new lights. Was wondering where everybody gets their bulbs.

I was wondering if the high priced bulbs at the hydro shop are basically the same as the $20 bulbs off ebay.

I need to get 3 600W MH and 3 600W HPS, so I am trying to pinch the pennies.

Opinions are appreciated.

Thanks

IMO, go with cheaper bulbs, this allows you to replace them more often.

good luck getting a 600w MH.

Like this?

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/600-Watt-Metal-Halide-Grow-Light-Bulb-Lamp-600w-MH-/320694092434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaadb8292

I was also wondering if there are different socket sizes.

First time I have had to replace bulbs. Dont want to order them and it not work.

I have enclosed hoods. I dont know what socket type it would be called.

I get my bulbs at 1000bulbs.com

Hve you ever considered ditching the MH for a HO T5 setup? Best buy I hve made in regards to vegging. Jmo

terky said:
I was also wondering if there are different socket sizes.

First time I have had to replace bulbs. Dont want to order them and it not work.

I have enclosed hoods. I dont know what socket type it would be called.

if you have a 600 watt ballast and socket already it will fit.

Cool. Thanks Dman.

Hamster,

I have a HO T5 in my mother tent and it is awesome. I like the ease of switching a bulb and setting the timer. With my luck I would drop the hood on the plants trying to switch them.

i've gone through 4 bulbs from the cheapos on Ebay. they last from 1-4 months and die. to me they are just not worth it. its safer to spend $20 more and buy them locally so they can replaced under warranty with little fanfare.

a lot of chinese crap sells cheap because that's all its worth.

That's why I don't buy bulbs on ebay...my 5 dollar 400w HPS bulbs from 1000bulbs hve lasted long...they hve yet to die before i swap them out. 6 months +.

Most are standard mogul sockets. BT56 is the oddball. BT37 fits universally. I spend about $40 per bulb, switch out every 2 cycles. This is not optional even if you pay $140 per bulb. Spend the $40. Your welcome. Never give up light strength. Just not worth it. GL

Latest posts

Back