Burning up from the heat of the Sun. HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: The ph went up to 7.5 overnight so what ever I did to it yesterday made it worse. (added limestone...don't do it) So...I removed the topsoil because it was beginning to look toxic and replaced it with new fresh soil. (3 inches) I avoided removing any of the roots. I actually feed it for the first time with bone marrow, gypsum, perlite, and other stuff. I hope this reverses the effects and rebounds quickly.

Nearly all of the fan leafs are dead now and all that remains is a very healthy stalk. I'm fearing that it will dry out next. Does anyone know, If I'm able to fix/turn the Ph around in time, (or what ever is causing this problem) that it may still flower out this fall?

I seriously doubt your problem has anything to do with pH. You're problem is most likely from being under the pecan tree.

Google "growing plants under a pecan tree" and you'll see what I mean.

Update: My plants are still alive. The steams remain green while most of the fan leafs have dried up and fallen off. A few leafs still remain, but large white spots remains on those that remains alive. Here is some of the things that I believe is the root cause of the problem. According to my Internet searches, I have either spider mites underneath the soil, or I’m watering my plants with rusty water, which contains too much iron. So after inspecting both scenario’s I found a web of mites up in my pecan tree, and brown rust built up inside my water hose. The water issue is now resolved, but Does anyone have a solution of how to kill spider mites?

Avid, florsomite(?) The chemical warfare weapons are the only way to go

And the pecan trees are sucking up the water and nitrogen and leaving a pretty shady, dry, barren space for other plants and are also producing juglone, a substance toxic to many plants.
Juglone is an example of allelopathic compound, a substance that is synthesized by one type of plant and affects the growth of another. Landscapers have long known that gardening underneath or near black walnut trees can be difficult. Juglone exerts its effect by inhibiting certain enzymes needed for metabolic function.
Jugalone...This natural Toxin is deadly to many Plants, Shrubs, and Trees
Tomatoes are especially sensitive to this Toxin, which makes them a good indicator of the presence of this contaminant. They droop and have the appearance of underwatering or Blight.

It is found in the Leaves, Bark, Roots, and Husks. Some Gardeners think that Composting the Tree parts neutralizes this Toxin, while other Gardeners think it even survives Composting.

Juglone is produced in the various parts of a tree in different concentrations. Weather and soil conditions influence the amount of Juglone produced. Depending on the size of the tree and the tolerance of a particular Plant, an intolerant plant may be stunted or killed by the contaminant.

I think it's the tree poisoning them...:confused2:

I agree, here in the Texas countryside we know that pecan trees will kill almost everything that tries to grow under it, and there is not much you can do about it. Just park your car under one for a couple of days and you will understand.

Gypsum and perlite are not nutrients and do not feed your plants.

Spider mites do not live under the surface of the soil--it is something else.

However, I believe that your big problem is the pecan tree.

Blondeboy, plz listen to the peeps here. mayhaps an emergency transplant w/ a shot of B1 to minimize shock?

Humm...It's too late 4 me to transplant them. That was my first choice but thought it was too risky 4 me doing it this late in the season. I've been using my patio unbrealla to sheld them from the peacan tree and that is appearing to slow down it's deteriation. Soooo perhaps the sap from the pecean tree was poising my girls. If they survive, I will diffently post a picture of them. Thanks 4 the wonderful vibes ppl!!

I live at 5,120ft in the Sonoran Desert and in the spring we get 100+ f temperatures with steady 15-30 winds. I grow in direct sunlight which at this altitude contains more UV.

It is really easy to over water of over feed!

I deep water once a week to get the deep soil moist, then daily I pour 1 gal water on each plant around the stock, being careful to not get water on the leaves. Never spray your plants and never add any chemicals when the plants are stressed.

I planted seeds May 1 and I have over 12 plants more than 60 inches high and have yet to feed them any chemicals. In Late August I will feed them some bloom food and that will be it for a year.

You got to start off with giant holes 35-50 gallons, and have really well balanced soil and PH. The soil also needs to be loosely packed and the top layer turned every week.

Best thing with marijuana is to leave it alone and just give it time to do it's thing.

001.JPG

003.JPG

blondeboy said:
If they survive, I will diffently post a picture of them.

Why not post a picture so they do survive?

What ever that pecan is dropping from it's leaves has surely saturated the soil.

Chalk it up to your first outdoor grow. Move them under direct sun next year and you will have better results.

Beautiful plants there Kid. For a second, I was astounded, thinking they were blondboys........ooops, wheres the pecan tree? JK.

It is found in the Leaves, Bark, Roots, and Husks.

Juglone is produced in the various parts of a tree in different concentrations.

Not sure an umbrella is going to fix the problem bb.

Got my first 6 footer today, been getting as much as 2" a day growth.

SixFoot.jpg

GettingBigger.jpg

MasterKush.jpg

Like alot of us you have went from to an ideal offer consuming water to not adequate water. The only instances I have observed the sunshine harm sunleaves is when then they are positioned from the sunshine devoid of getting conditioned to it or even the vegetation are not getting adequate water.

Latest posts

Back