Burnt curling up leaves two of three plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bapro

Reaction score
Hey boys ...
maybe you can help, sorry i dont have photos right now ....they are on home computer.
here is the situation
5 week old babies under 300watts of fluoro lights between 8-16 inches high, or were , since they are LST now.....and even
the issue is this ....i used miracle grow soil before i had done research about how it can cause nute burn on seedlings...
I also had my lights very , very close to plants about 2inches away ....
Two of my plants are browning and curling on the ends all over the plants ...they are pretty healthy except for that issue...they both look like an indica dominant plant strain
My other is a definite sativa and it is showing none of these burn issues...
ODD huh ?
Is this possibly a strain issue?
Could it be the nute burn only affects the indy ?? the sativa is so fast growing and green is is unbelievable.

thanks a lot
B

Sounds like either a heat burn from the close lights or a nute burn from the MG.

At 18 inches, your plants will stretch using flo's. Try it at 6 inches.

What temp is your grow area?

If the plant that is burnt gets any worse, it's probably the MG. Did you use MG soil or an added MG nutrient?

I havent gotten a thermometer in my room , but with only the floros and being down in my dank/cool basement with a fan blowing on it ....the temp in the grow area is not too hot at all ....... i would estimate around 68 -70 degrees ...

Ive moved the lights a little bit further away ....like 5 inches away now.....

Im mostly confused because the one plant of the three hasnt had ANY burn at all .....

I checked my different ferts and found the one that did have mg in it and mixed a weak solution to be sprayed on the foliage ...do you think that might help >?

Im wondering if i should flush the two plants to clear out the miracle grow nutes ....or because they look like little gel bath beads ...flushing might actually activate them MORE ???? and burn it out

i appreciate your help.....i have been doing massive research on nute deficiencies and such today and this weekend im getting a ph tester and thermometer .......

I see that we have a little confusion ....

MG when you used it meant Mir Grow .......

I thought i may have a magnesium shortage by the curling up of the leaves so i mixed that weak solution with a fert that had some mg in it ......

I think that you are right that it is more the lights than anything...im trying to make due with these damn floros until i get my legal grow card and then will happily make the investment in HPS or MH.

Speaking of lights .... if you had to choose just one type , what would you choose HPS or MH ....my best bud who i used to grow with years ago urges me to do MH .... im assuming its because the MH helps veg growth and that sets the stage for big buds when flipped ?? The more i read the more i see that HPS is better for budding , so i wonder why my friend is so set on MH .....

any input onthat ?

bapro said:
if you had to choose just one type , what would you choose HPS or MH ....my best bud who i used to grow with years ago urges me to do MH .... im assuming its because the MH helps veg growth and that sets the stage for big buds when flipped ?? The more i read the more i see that HPS is better for budding , so i wonder why my friend is so set on MH ...
The MH would be the best for vegging, as you said. However, I use HPS for vegging and flowering and I have great results.

If you aim for 6000 lumens per/sq ft., you'll have a great grow.

Good luck man!

Latest posts

Back