Buzz Kill: Federal Warnings Hit Medical Pot Boom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like someone making a living without paying taxes on their gains.....

I can't imagine any reason to break a law, whether it's growing dope or robbing a bank, to put food on the table.

Roddy said:
I can't imagine any reason to break a law, whether it's growing dope or robbing a bank, to put food on the table.

This makes me ill. I suppose you never smoked herb until you became "legal". As Hick stated earlier, he thought the same way....until he saw the possibilities from an activity that has been a true "passion" for many of us here LONG before MMJ was a term, and that is growing herb.
I commited felonies daily until 1997, when I protected myself from leo by getting my MMJ card. If MMJ never came around, then I still would be, and folks like yourself would never have joined this forum.

Don't ever forget how the goverment treated us before mmj. Wake up.

Don't ever forget how the goverment treated us before mmj.
Live it everyday Hal

I commited felonies daily until 1997,
still rollin in 2011 here dude. :cool:

I can't imagine any reason to break a law
I can think of a few. ;)

when it comes to feeding my family. tell hell with society. I won't rob steal, or anything. but if something is marketable...i'm on it if I need to eat. I beleive in survival.

I am a proud civil disobedient. I will always be part outlaw.

Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington....all of em outlaws dude.

I'd rather be a wolf then a sheep any day.

Our govt. is the one that is breaking the law under the letter of the constitution.
I could so debate that statement from you Roddy and back it up with so much constitutional perspectives that you would see the truth of our govt. Should seriously pick up civil disobedience by Thoreau.
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law. ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

I seldom "buckle up"...:rofl:...

Hick said:
I seldom "buckle up"...:rofl:...
Think of those poor sheep you might make widows!!! :eek: :rofl:

NorCalHal said:
This makes me ill. I suppose you never smoked herb until you became "legal". As Hick stated earlier, he thought the same way....until he saw the possibilities from an activity that has been a true "passion" for many of us here LONG before MMJ was a term, and that is growing herb.
I commited felonies daily until 1997, when I protected myself from leo by getting my MMJ card. If MMJ never came around, then I still would be, and folks like yourself would never have joined this forum.

Don't ever forget how the goverment treated us before mmj. Wake up.

Read what I wrote...didn't say I was a saint, I said I wasn't into making a living while worrying about the law breathing down my back. Also, not one to try to get change by unlawful acts.

Let me fill you in on a couple they busted just down the road...quiet older couple, he has cancer (throat) she has bad arthritis and some other ailments. Their flower business of many many years isn't doing good, hasn't for years, they have had to ask for their taxes reduced yearly just to afford to live on their land....until a few years ago! The drug enforcement teams broke down their gate, busted the doors down on their 5 giant commercial greenhouses and made a final bust of 8000 plants...yes, 8000! Street estimated value....$8mil

Couple's defense?? We were trying to make a living! OH PLEASE!!:rolleyes: Now?? Sitting in jail awaiting to know who is going to charge them with what....and how many of their elderly years they'll be spending in prison!

NO THANKS! You that feel the laws are unjust, you who feel the need to break the law for a living (we're not talking minimal sales, we're none saints here, right?)...maybe going by legal means to make change is a good start? I, as a taxpayer, sure do hate having to help pay for your living while they put you in our prisons and such.... :doh:

Oh, and makes you sick?? Really? Someone thinking along the law makes you sick? That's too bad, my friend....really! :(

btw....been there, done that! They've taken one year of my life for a total of 1 joint and 2 roaches....think I'll stay as legal as possible, THANKS!

Color me a law breaking felon as well....hell what I hve stored in jars for the Summer wld put me away for years and years. My state sucks and I am not gonna sit here waiting for things to change. I will use my head and be smart...I suggest everyone else growing illegally do the same. Jmo

Roddy said:
Read what I wrote...didn't say I was a saint, I said I wasn't into making a living while worrying about the law breathing down my back. Also, not one to try to get change by unlawful acts.

Let me fill you in on a couple they busted just down the road...quiet older couple, he has cancer (throat) she has bad arthritis and some other ailments. Their flower business of many many years isn't doing good, hasn't for years, they have had to ask for their taxes reduced yearly just to afford to live on their land....until a few years ago! The drug enforcement teams broke down their gate, busted the doors down on their 5 giant commercial greenhouses and made a final bust of 8000 plants...yes, 8000! Street estimated value....$8mil

Couple's defense?? We were trying to make a living! OH PLEASE!!:rolleyes: Now?? Sitting in jail awaiting to know who is going to charge them with what....and how many of their elderly years they'll be spending in prison!

NO THANKS! You that feel the laws are unjust, you who feel the need to break the law for a living (we're not talking minimal sales, we're none saints here, right?)...maybe going by legal means to make change is a good start? I, as a taxpayer, sure do hate having to help pay for your living while they put you in our prisons and such.... :doh:

Oh, and makes you sick?? Really? Someone thinking along the law makes you sick? That's too bad, my friend....really! :(

btw....been there, done that! They've taken one year of my life for a total of 1 joint and 2 roaches....think I'll stay as legal as possible, THANKS!

Roddy, if I were as judgemental as you or were to use anecdotal evidence to prove a point I would say that for you to spend a year in confinement for one joint and two roaches you would have had to have been doing somethings far worse than that to get such a harsh outcome given that possession of that is a misdemeanor in most states. Well, I'm not as judgemental as you so I won't say that. I'll just say that when the world becomes a complete police state where a teenager gets his hand cut off for stealing a candy bar or something, you will be a much happier man I'm sure.

You all are some wild and crazy guys. Keep up da growin. Just make sure you fully understand a pro-forma if your doing this for a living. Otherwise it's a crapshoot.

Straycat said:
Roddy, if I were as judgemental as you or were to use anecdotal evidence to prove a point I would say that for you to spend a year in confinement for one joint and two roaches you would have had to have been doing somethings far worse than that to get such a harsh outcome given that possession of that is a misdemeanor in most states. Well, I'm not as judgemental as you so I won't say that. I'll just say that when the world becomes a complete police state where a teenager gets his hand cut off for stealing a candy bar or something, you will be a much happier man I'm sure.

OBVIOUSLY, you have no clue how I think of you or others, please don't stoop to playing the jabs game here. What makes you think I enjoy people having to break the law to smoke? What makes you think you know anything about me?

Yep, a year....2 different stints, one 9 mo and one 3 mo...and YES, for a joint (first time) and 2 roaches (second time)...check my records and you'll see I don't lie...and wouldn't ever to make a point to someone I don't even know let alone anyone I did! Ever hear of probation?? Yep, got probation and told them to stick it first time (not taking piss tests, sorry), they knew the second time.

I try to be friendly to all, I enjoy a good convo and debate....but this kind of posting is sad!

Roddy said:

cmon meow. Not one to make change by commiting unlawful acts?????? HELLO...this is AMERICA...the land of change thru unlawful acts bro. You wouldn't be on your high horse if it wasn't for the souljahs before you getting locked up so you can pretend you are on the laws side of MMJ. Gimme a break. Never forget that YOU too are a FELON...committing FELONIES on a FEDERAL level.......

Roddy said:

You just don't get it. It takes court cases to get laws defined and changed bud.....not wishful thinking and letters to your congressman...believe that.

I understand your way of thinking Roddy, I really do. MMJ is new to you cats and you want to think that you are all legal, but in fact, no one is. You want to play by "the rules". But understand the Industry is new, and the ruleset is yet to be defined and is consistently changing by EVERY court case. It takes PIONEERS to make change. Dude...you have had MMJ for only 3 years....is that how long you have been growing? I take it you never grew before it was "legal"? That would explain alot.

Most of us here grew long before MMJ was a term bro. Most of us use MMJ to protect ourselves, as it was meant to be used. Don't get caught up in the gov hype of MMJ.

Mutt....I Love you Bro! Souljah forever! Some folks will never understand where we came from.......

For the record NCH I understand what you are saying and agree....I think the problem is the rest of the country is so far behind Cali when it comes to MMJ. A lot of folks still think that Cali's lax MMJ laws are hurting the cause when in reality it is just a stepping stone and a "shield" to protect those that feel MJ shld be legal and smoked by consenting adults no matter if they are sick or not. None of that takes away from the fact that MJ helps a lot of sick people...but we are fighting for more then just Medical Marijuana. JMO

NorCalHal said:
cmon meow. Not one to make change by commiting unlawful acts?????? HELLO...this is AMERICA...the land of change thru unlawful acts bro. You wouldn't be on your high horse if it wasn't for the souljahs before you getting locked up so you can pretend you are on the laws side of MMJ. Gimme a break. Never forget that YOU too are a FELON...committing FELONIES on a FEDERAL level.......

You just don't get it. It takes court cases to get laws defined and changed bud.....not wishful thinking and letters to your congressman...believe that.

I understand your way of thinking Roddy, I really do. MMJ is new to you cats and you want to think that you are all legal, but in fact, no one is. You want to play by "the rules". But understand the Industry is new, and the ruleset is yet to be defined and is consistently changing by EVERY court case. It takes PIONEERS to make change. Dude...you have had MMJ for only 3 years....is that how long you have been growing? I take it you never grew before it was "legal"? That would explain alot.

Most of us here grew long before MMJ was a term bro. Most of us use MMJ to protect ourselves, as it was meant to be used. Don't get caught up in the gov hype of MMJ.

Mutt....I Love you Bro! Souljah forever! Some folks will never understand where we came from.......

I don't PRETEND anything, and I'm no felon on ANY level unless and until convicted, THANKS!

Pioneers doing things legally and through legal means, not criminals breaking the laws that we are trying to use as stepping stones to make MJ legal...period. Truly, are you telling me you believe it takes breaking laws to make change! And if you want to say "FEDERALLY"....give me a break! When DEA come knocking on my door, I'll start to worry about FEDS...ok? I bet big bucks, Unc Obama ain't sending the big guys over to my state legal grow op used solely to supply myself and my patients...unlike MUCH bigger fish TRULY breaking the laws!

You want to play by "the rules". But understand the Industry is new, and the ruleset is yet to be defined and is consistently changing by EVERY court case.

Yep...and playing by the rules is the SAFEST way to go....you have fun going the way you choose!

Nothing you say can change my mind and I am not judging anyone....have fun with it. But please, don't pretend to be trying to help the laws by breaking them.....not saying YOU yourself are, just generalizing here!

MY GUESS....and this is merely a guess here....change will take place from the STATE LEVEL first (ummm...is already???). Get enough states in and FEDS can't hardly say no...right? Of course, enough people making it look bad for those of us trying to make it look good.....well, the states may not be so happy to jump on board?? I guess you could say we are ALL following you Cali's....sure hope you don't screw it up for us :eek: ;)

Merely mho...and my rantings. Shout me down if you please! :D

Straycat said:

Not sure what you find "anecdotal" but I assume you disbelieve the 8000 plant arrest comment?? Check the Michigan thread in the news section for the story of the arrest...

And if it's the 1 year for 1 joint 2 roaches....addressed above.

Societies are corrupt, politicians are corrupt.
In my country they don't legalize it because most of the illegal contraband with drugs in my country are allowed, and even helped, by politicians with power and while they are getting ever richer, a lot of people are starving. If Mj was legal, like in holland, the country would get a lot of money from it and from tourism also, money that we really need, but politicians in my country, even the president are selling the country cheap for their own self, cops are selling confiscated drugs while the poor and the many are between hammer and anvil.
Laws don't mean anything here, they aren't made to protect you nor benefit you in any way, contrary to the constitution and their supposed use.
Edit:I know this didn't had much to do with the subject, I saw it later, but I felt a urge to share it.

Yur killen my Buzzzzzz with all this bickering.:rolleyes:
I personally am thankfull for PPL in Cali fighting this cause for so long. What few changes that have been made in our Country towards leagalization of MJ is because of Cali and its PPL. Your always gonna have those who take advantage of others no matter what thier business is.;)

Mutt said:

Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington....all of em outlaws.

This is why our our founding fathers created a very sensible set of rights in reference to laws. Granted things like slavery we're legal and Constitute, however times we're very different then, marijuana was legal too.

The thing is in time as our country was founded by individuals who felt they were being taken from and werent being given true human rights.

In time our country has merely rolled into a Capitalist society, through decendants who took our rights for less and less. Alot of things were good ideas. However our drug-war is just a pure capitalist venture. If it doesnt rake in the green then they want nothing to do with it. More money goes into the pockets of law enforcement to fight it. Think about it if a certain level of crime was just all of a sudden not illegal anymore, law enforcement would suffer cutbacks. Think about it drugs and traffic are two of the biggest revenue generators in law enforcement. Take away Mj and the drug war revenue would begin to lack being that Mj is the most common street drug. Then our cops would really sit around doing nothing or having an entire police force show up to a traffic violation so they can all get a slice.

Plus politicians will say and do what they know will get the voters on their side. Politicians make alot of money and it is a high mighty thing to be in any class of society. Simply put if they know the voters dont want marijuana, then they wont go for it, if the voters state otherwise they will be all for it.

Voting is the answer in this country. At the least it will turn a non-MJ politician into one who fight for our rights.

i heart you guys..

Mutt said:
Live it everyday Hal

still rollin in 2011 here dude. :cool:

I can think of a few. ;)

when it comes to feeding my family. tell hell with society. I won't rob steal, or anything. but if something is marketable...i'm on it if I need to eat. I beleive in survival.

Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington....all of em outlaws dude.

Our govt. is the one that is breaking the law under the letter of the constitution.
I could so debate that statement from you Roddy and back it up with so much constitutional perspectives that you would see the truth of our govt. Should seriously pick up civil disobedience by Thoreau.

The thing is in time as our country was founded by individuals who felt they were being taken from and werent being given true human rights.

Voting is the answer in this country.

I so wish I could agree with you. but you are so far from the actual truth.
The media controls votes, the govt. has control of our media. The states fear the federal govt.
Our govt. is in direct violation of law. Yet they have no problem throwing it in our face. They use fear, mis-information, and have made this country dependent on them. This is tyranny.
If you haven't noticed the big huge picture of conflict inside our borders shows dissent. People against people, cops against civilians, and propaganda being shovelled by our media, and they are caught on a regular basis. They have no shame in spreading their viewpoint without being non-biased.
This is not conspiracy thinking...this is downfall of a huge society. We have been warned over and over by even politicians, supreme court judges, and many others that our current state of the union is heading towards disastor.
I do vote, but I hold no faith in it. We the voters don't even get to nominate the people that get the presidential nod. That is done by the media polls in conjunction with the party. If you think the electoral college and all the bi-partisan rhetoric depicts the true voice of the people, then I am sorry for our country.

Our "human rights" are at risk. They were outlined in the bill of rights. How come our own Capital of the US has a ban on the second amendment. Those bill of rights are there and could not be taken away, yet our Governor is being sued for her opinion, our search and seizure laws have been stripped, We have the freedom of speech....until it is against our federal govt. policy. I can go on and on state by state law by law which have directly infringed on our RIGHTS.

Hey the fight needs you people, but it also needs people like me.

but if you think that our govt. does not have the power to sway votes, manufacture scenerios that will determine a better outcome, then that is sheep mentality.

If our country keeps heading in the direction it is it's going to end up dog eat dog. Just like Russia, Greece, China, The Roman Empire, The French Revolution, I can go on and on and on.
Those that ignore history are bound to repeat it.

Mutt said:
I so wish I could agree with you. but you are so far from the actual truth.
The media controls votes, the govt. has control of our media. The states fear the federal govt.
Our govt. is in direct violation of law. Yet they have no problem throwing it in our face. They use fear, mis-information, and have made this country dependent on them. This is tyranny.
If you haven't noticed the big huge picture of conflict inside our borders shows dissent. People against people, cops against civilians, and propaganda being shovelled by our media, and they are caught on a regular basis. They have no shame in spreading their viewpoint without being non-biased.
This is not conspiracy thinking...this is downfall of a huge society. We have been warned over and over by even politicians, supreme court judges, and many others that our current state of the union is heading towards disastor.
I do vote, but I hold no faith in it. We the voters don't even get to nominate the people that get the presidential nod. That is done by the media polls in conjunction with the party. If you think the electoral college and all the bi-partisan rhetoric depicts the true voice of the people, then I am sorry for our country.

Our "human rights" are at risk. They were outlined in the bill of rights. How come our own Capital of the US has a ban on the second amendment. Those bill of rights are there and could not be taken away, yet our Governor is being sued for her opinion, our search and seizure laws have been stripped, We have the freedom of speech....until it is against our federal govt. policy. I can go on and on state by state law by law which have directly infringed on our RIGHTS.

Hey the fight needs you people, but it also needs people like me.

but if you think that our govt. does not have the power to sway votes, manufacture scenerios that will determine a better outcome, then that is sheep mentality.

If our country keeps heading in the direction it is it's going to end up dog eat dog. Just like Russia, Greece, China, The Roman Empire, The French Revolution, I can go on and on and on.
Those that ignore history are bound to repeat it.

That's always bothered me.....

Latest posts

Back