Cali Connection Genetics Group Grow! aka: CCGGG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im growing in pro mix. I have been phing it to 6.6 the last three waters.

Dang! I don't know how I have missed this thread :doh:On board now. I guess better late than never. Green mojo to you all! :cool2:

maineharvest said:

Nothing wrong with switching it up every other watering or so...maybe 6.4 for a water then 6.7 the next? I stay at 6.5 the whole way through in soil...in hydro I do like THG...start at the low end and let it drift to the high before I reset it to the low end again.

NCH runs straight 5.8 whole cycle when using a soiless medium. I can't speak to outside organic. But I find drifting up to 7.0 in the latter of flowering is best. While I don't ever PH, I know by itself it runs at 6.6 early flower and veg and 7.0 or so in late flower. GL

PS. When I post pics of my Larry she is sitting at 7.0 right now. I checked for fun last night. :)

Stop teasing us nchef..........;)
We want pics.....:hubba:

nouvellechef said:
NCH runs straight 5.8 whole cycle when using a soiless medium. I can't speak to outside organic. But I find drifting up to 7.0 in the latter of flowering is best. While I don't ever PH, I know by itself it runs at 6.6 early flower and veg and 7.0 or so in late flower. GL

PS. When I post pics of my Larry she is sitting at 7.0 right now. I checked for fun last night. :)

Sorry but have not understand this :doh: ... Can u explain the benefits of this ? I usually water 6.4 or 6.5 ... always.

Ok thanks everybody. Ill keep it between 6.4-6.8. Crazy how I grew for my first few years not owning a ph meter and not having a single problem and now that Ive invested thousands of dollars into my grow and have every thing that I could possibly need now I cant get a decent harvest. Very frustrating to say the least.

bho_expertz said:
Sorry but have not understand this :doh: ... Can u explain the benefits of this ? I usually water 6.4 or 6.5 ... always.

I think in late flower for some reason, I know there's a chart here somewhere that shows why 7.0 (drifting up) is beneficial, it helps with uptake. I guess I just assume, that since the PH drifts by itself up to 7.0 in late flower is because it is supposed too. For months it sits at 6.6, then by itself moves to up. So it must like it, cause I rarely ever see a yellow leaf, cal/mag spots or anything brown an crispy.

Maine-very frustrating I know, to have all the bells an whistles and still not come out with lush plants at the end. Have you noticed that alot of ppl's pics that run at 6.5 whole cycle, come out with at least a yellow leaf, or brown spots, or crusty leaf at the end of cycle? While it's no big deal overall, I think it's because in late flower a drift up is beneficial. But then I see perfect plants run at 5.8 whole cycle in soiless medium.......Baffles me really.

nouvellechef said:
But then I see perfect plants run at 5.8 whole cycle in soiless medium.......Baffles me really.

Different strains have different needs. It is the same thing with nute levels. Some strains are heavy feeders and love a high concentration of nutes while other plants would burn with that same amount of nutes. Just like there is no "perfect" feeding schedule there is no "perfect" ph level. To be honest it is something that I am beginning to really enjoy when I try a new strain; learning the best feeding regimen to make the plants produce as well as possible. The reason the ph drift is beneficial is because of what nchef said, different nutrients are absorbed by the plant at different ph levels and a drifting ph will help the plant get all of the different nutrients it needs.

Green mojo to all the CC growers!

-SSF-

maineharvest said:

I grow in promix BX as well. One thing to remember about growing in soil versus growing in a soiless medium is that salts build up over time in the soil lowering the ph. This obviously does not happen with hydro. So if you wanted to give your plant in soil the same ph'd nute solution every time, over time you would want to raise your ph of the nute soultion you are using. The build up of salts in the soil from unused nutrients may be what is causing the plants to want a higher ph later in flower.

-SSF-

nouvellechef said:
I think in late flower for some reason, I know there's a chart here somewhere that shows why 7.0 (drifting up) is beneficial, it helps with uptake. I guess I just assume, that since the PH drifts by itself up to 7.0 in late flower is because it is supposed too. For months it sits at 6.6, then by itself moves to up. So it must like it, cause I rarely ever see a yellow leaf, cal/mag spots or anything brown an crispy.

Ok. I'm now 20 days to go. Perhaps will try 6.8 tonight when feeding. Thanks NC.

SensiStarFan said:
I grow in promix BX as well. One thing to remember about growing in soil versus growing in a soiless medium is that salts build up over time in the soil lowering the ph. This obviously does not happen with hydro. So if you wanted to give your plant in soil the same ph'd nute solution every time, over time you would want to raise your ph of the nute soultion you are using. The build up of salts in the soil from unused nutrients may be what is causing the plants to want a higher ph later in flower.

-SSF-

I believe my whole problem started from having the ph too high. I was using a dropper to tell the ph and not a nice digi meter. The dropper was telling me that my ph was about 6.5(matching colors isnt very accurate) and when I finally invested in a nice ph meter it was telling me that the ph was at 7.2. There is a huge difference between 6.5 and 7.2 so I must say the dropper ph tester is absolute junk. I did a complete flush, adjusted the ph and did a full NPK feeding. The problems kept getting worse and spreading throughout the plant. So I went to the hydro shop and asked what the shelf life was on Fox Farms nutes and he said roughly two years. I had gotten my nutrients three years earlier from a freind who quit growing and who knows how long before that he actually purchased the nutes. So basically the nutes are atleast four years old and probably older than that. So I went out bought new nutrients, gave them another good flush to get the old nutes out and fed them with the new nutes. That was a week ago and they are getting much worse by the day so Im not really sure what is going on right now.

They were all different aged plants. Some of them had just been transplanted into 3 gallon smart pots two weeks before so I dont think it was salt build up.

Hi

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

Looks like she is lovin life with you bro......:)
I am impressed with how short you kept her....what day we on? if you can wait her out till 10 weeks she will be worth the wait.

Here are a few shots of my larry, I couldn't be happier with these 2 girls.

Here they are 20 days of 12/12.

Larry.JPG

Larry1.JPG

Larry2.JPG

Larry3.JPG

Hamster Lewis said:
Looks like she is lovin life with you bro......:)
I am impressed with how short you kept her....what day we on? if you can wait her out till 10 weeks she will be worth the wait.

Thanx. Day 36

Wow. D. That girl is gonna yield huge. You got fresh bulb in?

nouvellechef said:
Thanx. Day 36

Wow. D. That girl is gonna yield huge. You got fresh bulb in?

Thanks NC,

Actually they are in a room with 2 600's one HPS, and one A MH I never got around to swithing to hps, the 2 larrys are under the MH, its 20 days so i think i will be putting the second HPS in and saving the MH for next veg.

Nice looking Larry's dman...can't wait to see them fill in with some dense nugs. They shld yield very nicely. I love the bud structure on her buds.

Latest posts

Back