Cali Free Grow 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain on and off for the last 4 days. Lost one branch Alien this morning. I’d say 50/50 cloudy clear so far. Lost a top 4 days ago, it is dry and smoked last night. It was the Boss Hog. I think it will be better as the days go by, but did enjoy it.

Tried to upload a pic from my iPad, said the pic was to big. Has something changed here as to pics? Most pics in this thread were loaded directly from this iPad. I can understand resizing the cannon pics. Will post some pics later.

Last edited:
I can’t seem to load anything. First it was to big, resized it, now it says "problem uploading file". Will try from another computer next.

see below...

Last edited:
Boss Hog.
IMG_5142.jpg
IMG_5108.jpg

Harvest has begun here. We have started later than we ever have, I believe. Low this morning at 34f. We are seeing some bud rot in the
larger upper kolas on a couple plants. We took four plants tops first, then moved to the lower areas. Today we finished a plant.
IMG_5157.jpg

We are about done and it was hard this year, too big of plants. I hope you don't over do TC. Rest please. Harvest keeps getting harder. it couldn't be that we are ten years older. ha Hugs my friend.

Rose, we lucked out this year and will have quite a bit less this year. Don’t know why....shade cloth maybe? Glad to hear your about done. I’m/we are pretty sure we are gonna take next summer off. First time since since 2007.

Cheers everyone on 2018 outdoor harvest.

IMG_4230.jpg
IMG_4238.jpg
IMG_4243.jpg
IMG_4234.jpg
IMG_4250.jpg

The last of the girls come down. This plant, Headband 818 was the leafy one, much different than the other Headband by far. Not one headband plant was the same. I got one that was very diesel like in aroma, the other not. I had three this year. I don't think we will run them again.

As you can see by the pics I have posted this plant also changed sex at some point during the end of flower. We got no seeds that were found, as the flowers were not even open yet. I posted three pics so you can get a good idea what happened. It was only one side of the plant. It was also the plant that flowered way farther into August than I have ever had a plant flower before. Third week in August. It is definitely good smoke and we took her down to her pop corn a you can see from this last pic.

We got some good smoke and some mids. I am always pleased with the alien in the smoke regard, but in the trim portion of my idea of good plants all were not as they had been in the past. NONE were the same as the seeds we bought two years ago from Cali Connections or the quality bud seeds we purchased from Choice Seeds that were Cali Connection. As we are rethinking growing on this scale again we may not run the Alien again. As for the Boss Hog, one was a chemical aroma and by far my fave plant in the garden. The other smokes well and I am pleased with the high.

I am still battling health issues. The garden did not get as far harvested as we have in the past. We let a lot of bud go. My friends that normally come out and glean what is left were unable to show up as they are also afflicted with health problems. We saved what we could, got a few bags of good popcorn/loose bud for them. I hope we continue to grow next year, and will do a couple plants in the least and more tomatoes and a regular garden possibly. Take the summer off and go camping some.

These pics below will be the last of the thread for me this year. If you have comments or questions feel free to post, I will be watching. The pics below are the last of the Alien OG taken after the cold weather started.

Thank you all for coming by and sharing the garden with us. It has been another good grow here at the ranch.

Last edited:
IMG_4251.jpg
IMG_4253.jpg

Wet and dry.
I say good bye
2018 grow.

Lol, grams. Can’t give you overall numbers, Mr. TC would not like that. Glad you stopped in and looked over our effort.

So far my fave is the diesel like Boss Hog. Nothing like the chem family for flavor.

Happy Holidays All!

Latest posts

Back