Calling all musicians.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fellow picker like yourself hamster. I have an older ibanez acoustic that has seen nearly every state with me when I was playing baseball.

My real love is piano. First instrument I learned, and one that's called my attention back the most. I used to play to the twins a lot when they were little babies. The new house is big enough for a piano. I'm gonna have to find the perfect one so I can teach my kids to play.

Music is actually what floats my boat!! I love the blistering blues guitar the best, When I was a kid, Michael Bloomfield was my God, my first album I bought was Otis Redding Live in Europe, my first 45!! lol (Dude what's a 45??) ask THG, was probably midnight hour, by wilson picket, or forever, by the marvelettes, I see someone mentioned Zappa lol, I liked "trouble comeing everyday" and I figure, Sir Owsley, that would be Augustus Stanley or something like that was the only reason I ever listened to the Susie Creamcheese side. Freak out!!!, man that was a long time ago.Sitting here thinking about what really started my vinyl collection was Children of the Future by Steve Miller, on the flip side of the Phycadelic was a tune called "Roll with it"the guitar was just whoa!! Since were talking music I was sent this just today, it's a little history lesson about the roots of American Gospel from carnege hall, really cool, I just love learning!! hxxp://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=1312

I used to play bass in a couple streetpunk/Oi bands years ago. Toured and all. Was a great time and have awesome memories that I'll never forget. I have a couple bass and regular guitars and a full casio keyboard I'll mess with too, but this is my pride and joy. Epiphone short scale SG bass. I loved the short scale for my style of playing, and also made jumping around all over stage while playing a little safer :rofl: My old headstock of my standard bass has dents and chips all over it. I actually knocked someone out one time on accident. Ooops.
But yeah, the case is actually a guitar case, but the short scaled neck makes the bass fit.
My rig is a SWR 4004 Workingman's Combo. Sorry for the blurry cel pic. 400 watt head, 4 8's cabinet. Plenty loud enough. I've played venues of 300+ people solely on the amp, not through the PA. And any bigger venues we played would be hooked into the PA, so I never figured people need for multiple cabinets, or 8 speaker cabs. I dont know, just my opinion.
I really dig a lot of different genres of music aside from punk rock too.

bass.JPG

amp.JPG

Streetpunk and Oi? As you can tell by my screenname, I love me some Oi and streetpunk. The Templars, The Adicts, The Business, early DKM, Terminus City (RIP), Anti-Heros, Sham 69, Workin Stiffs, The Toughskins, The Reducers, et al. I desperately want to play guitar so I can start a band.

Yup ;) I actually had the pleasure of playing with some of those bands on multiple occasions. Ahh the memories. Now the settled down family life, haha. No way I could tour weeks at a time, or be practicing and playing shows 5 nights of the week. Atleast not if I wanted to be a good dad and husband haha.

One thing I don't recommend is air travel when your guitar case looks like this :rofl: Add to it, being a group of heavily tattoed punk rockers with mohawks and such, post 9/11 TSA nightmare hahaha

bass case.JPG

ston-loc said:
One thing I don't recommend is air travel when your guitar case looks like this :rofl: Add to it, being a group of heavily tattoed punk rockers with mohawks and such, post 9/11 TSA nightmare hahaha

Lol....:D

Studied classical and electric guitar. Music is the most fantastic thing when you're high. Check out Villa-Lobos Etudes, Bach Lute Suites (Goran Sollscher, 11-string guitar) and David Russell (unbelievable player) - incredible compositions.
I'm heavily into Psychedelic guitar like Trower, Hendrix and into Iommi, Satriani. Shame that RnR is coming to a fast close.

Hamster - you the one belonging to The Doors messageboard?

ifsixwasnin9 said:
Hamster - you the one belonging to The Doors messageboard?

Lol no....There is a Hamster on a doors message board? That almost scares me.:) I don't belong to any message boards for any bands. I am on a few musician boards though under a different name. I always try and keep the username Hamster to just growing. It is safer that way.:icon_smile:

So here are a few of my axes. My acoustic, Gretsch solid body, classical, D'Angelico archtop, and my banjo.

Nice collection umbra.....really love that archtop. I had one when I was stationed in Japan but was stupid and sold it before I left island.
What type(s) of music do you like to listen to and play?

Hey Hammy, I listen and play all types of music. I know I talked about sundad before. Great father and son jazz guitar players that play in Borders bookstores throughout N Jersey, NY, and Southern Conn. I believe they are on you tube. Banjo is more Bela Fleck than Earl Scruggs. More jazz improvisation than pop. I like bee bop more than fusion, blues of all kinds...with a passion for delta style bottleneck slide. Lots of traditional folk music, sea chanties, just about everything on Candyrat records. Ewan Dobson is crazy, doing Paganini with a pick. He was a total metalhead turned...guitar freak.

umbra said:
Hey Hammy, I listen and play all types of music. I know I talked about sundad before. Great father and son jazz guitar players that play in Borders bookstores throughout N Jersey, NY, and Southern Conn. I believe they are on you tube. Banjo is more Bela Fleck than Earl Scruggs. More jazz improvisation than pop. I like bee bop more than fusion, blues of all kinds...with a passion for delta style bottleneck slide. Lots of traditional folk music, sea chanties, just about everything on Candyrat records. Ewan Dobson is crazy, doing Paganini with a pick. He was a total metalhead turned...guitar freak.

I will definitely check them out....I wish we cld hve a virtual jam with all the music heads on here. I know it can be done but not without compromising anonymity. I wld love to jam with you guys.:D

I've been playing electric guitar for about 8 years now, and I love to play blues and classic rock. I love to listen to all kinds of music though, it's just that my style of play is too old school to play metal and stuff lol.

ston-loc said:
Yup ;) I actually had the pleasure of playing with some of those bands on multiple occasions. Ahh the memories. Now the settled down family life, haha. No way I could tour weeks at a time, or be practicing and playing shows 5 nights of the week. Atleast not if I wanted to be a good dad and husband haha.

Hey Ston, I know your from the bay area, and here's some musical history from the East Bay, it wasn't all Bill graham, hxxp://www.teensntwenties.com/page/page/7090557.htm

Skag, awesome! Thanks for the link! Thats some good stuff! High as a mofo right now on my OG for the first time since the harvest, :48: Wonderful

ston-loc said:
Skag, awesome! Thanks for the link! Thats some good stuff! High as a mofo right now on my OG for the first time since the harvest, :48: Wonderful

Fruits of our labor, allways just awesome to smoke our own, glad you enjoyed the linc!! At that rollerrena sock hop in san leandro!!I went there every Friday night for a few years, saw the yardbirds with both page and beck. Thats jeff beck, lol

Between the kids and me we have a few guitars laying, I mean hanging, around. I spent much of the late 70's thru early 90's banging on a guitar for a living. Now it's just for fun and to teach the kids. errrr but my youngest plays better than me now lol.
The brown wood strat lookin one I built from extra parts I had laying around. Sometimes I miss livin outa the back of my 74 Dodge van, on second thought.

Latest posts

Back