calling out the hps experts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have it surrounded by mylar you should be fine. Lights seem to be set in right place.Huh, I'm stumped.

The Effen Gee said:
I would recommend you work on more efficient exhaust, seems to me like it may be inadequate for how close you keep the light to the plants.
ok, give me a suggestion i can roll with, i can build anything...and i'm all for cooler temps.

the first 2 are ladies that started flowering with the hps, the other 2 were put under the hps halfway thru flowering...started with t5's. my its my imagination or just wishful thinking, but i think they've fattened up in the past couple days with the light closer.

if there streching you need to trian, if theres no trikes its genetics most likely if conditions are good. and i agree with mutt on hps closeness 100%!

start supercropping as purple passion i thought was an OD strian (maybe thats purple power?). if they are stretching then SC is the key no matter what the genetics, check the stretch link in my sig- hope it helps.

It seems possible they just went into shock when you switched them to HID lighting.

As far as venting goes...from the pics I see I would recommend this:

In pic #2 where the two holes are?

Have a exhaust fan there as well, with larger holes.

The exhaust fan on the top is sounds to me like it is not pulling enough air through the holes you drilled.
Try making them bigger or adding more of them.
If this will comprimise your light integrity than build some ducting with a bend in it to block the light, not the airflow.
I sometimes use cardboard and masking tape to build temporary ducting untill I can figure out a less ghetto HVAC solution.

Hope this helps, just from what I can see in the pictures and by what you describe...Fresh air and shock seem to be your only issue.
The plants look pretty good to me, maybe pull the branches apart or spread them so you can get that penatration.

You will definatley notice a difference compared to T5's.

Latest posts

Back