Came back to this...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetgreen

Reaction score
Did some fim'ing/topping/supercropping a few days before going away for 3 days. I also changed the light from a 110w floro to the 300w MH. Set EC to 400 and pH to 5.2 the day I left, and when I came back it was EC 500 and pH of 7. They get flooded every 8hrs, and air temps are around 23c 74f with RH around 50% and rez temps around 66f

The two things I'm thinking is either over watering, or maybe the containers are too small? My dehumidifier filled up and shut off within 24hrs of me leaving, so when I got home RH was 69%. Not many roots coming out the bottom of the containers, but there are a few. Also the canoeing leaves kinda look light green and almost the start of zebra like.

I want to clone ASAP and flip 12/12 but want to make sure they are healthy first.

Any ideas??

Thanks

IMG_0970 (Large).jpg

IMG_0972 (Large).jpg

I would up the PPM to about 700-900 and fix the PH.

I flood 1 hour on 2 hours off so Its not over watered.

LST that main branch down and give them a week or 2 to beef up.

Ive never heard of a 300 MH are you sure thats what it is? How far away is it?
They look to need light.

I think they will be fine if you do something now.

ok thanks that's what I wondering, if my EC is too low. I just thought I saw small tip burn a couple weeks back so I didn't want to push it. Also the EC doesn't drop in the rez, and actually increases over time. Doesn't that mean they have enough nutes? I thought if EC goes up over time then the plants are using more water than nutes, and if it drops then they need more? Staying the same is where to be. But my EC goes up?!?! Could it be because I have a 40gal rez and only 2 small plants? The mom in full veg DWC was fed around 1200-1400ec so I know this strain can take it. I just thought I'd leave it light because they are still small.

Oh and it's a 400mh Digilux turned down to 300w on the Lumatek digi

thanks again for the help

Well my 2nd Oakton Ecotestr2 just bit the dust. Checked the rez today and it was over 8.0 so I knew from how the last one went, that something was up. Go to calibrate it and it says 8.5 when in the 7.0 solution, and shows 7.0 when in the 4.01 solution!!! So I don't know for how long it was out or going out. So it's probably safe to say yeah my issues are pH related!

FYI. My first Oakton pH2 lasted about 4 months, and this new one...1 freaking month!!!! Those Ecotestr2's are junk!!!!

I have had pretty decent luck with the Milwaukee and Hanna testers :)

I actually do not believe that it looks like a pH problem, even though your pH has been out of whack. I simply do not believe that watering every 8 hours is enough. You seem to have some stretch going on, too. How far away is your light? How big is your space? Do you have adequate ventilation?

Latest posts

Back