Came home to a tripped breaker and

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonnieB

Reaction score
No grow lights. Most, 90%, of the house is without power. I may have not reset the breaker, i may have just flipped it. Anyway, Assuming I did, reset it. I still do not have power. The breaker will stay on, but nothing comes on. Does this mean its a bad breaker probably? Contractors just installed this box too. I got the necessary stuff in working outlets, but it seems the entire circuit is dead. Every outlet, light. Etc. In every room is dead. I flipped the breaker back off incase its a fire hazard, but im in need of an electrician i guess. Grow lights arent pulling any amps hardly and less than 500 watts. But something is going on. And i dont know what

It could be a bad breaker or maybe a contact between wires that caused it to flip and the wires are toast, so the entire line would be damaged. Having installed the box recently makes it more suspect, good luck.

If you flipped it and nothing happened Zem is right,,you either have a short that wont let it trip,, or the breaker is toast.

Reactions: zem
Did you turn breaker to off postion manually and then click it into the on position sometimes they stick in the middle off?
If not I agree bad breaker, or main serive could have lost one of the legs giving only half power to house.
That could be a bad main or bad wire, I hope the guy who installed new service did it correctly.

just stick your finger in one of the sockets to see if there is current

FC17E1AF-4157-494C-A778-39F7797F6977.jpeg

Electrical stuff scares me. I can build the whole house, but I'm calling the electrician. Definitely worth paying the money to have it done right. I hope it works out for you, that is an odd one.

Electrical stuff scares me. I can build the whole house, but I'm calling the electrician. Definitely worth paying the money to have it done right. I hope it works out for you, that is an odd one.
Bingo. Im scared to death of electricity. I have lights back, refrigerator, well pump, tv and computer

Did you turn breaker to off postion manually and then click it into the on position sometimes they stick in the middle off?
If not I agree bad breaker, or main serive could have lost one of the legs giving only half power to house.
That could be a bad main or bad wire, I hope the guy who installed new service did it correctly.
I read you're supposed to press down really hard to actually reset a breaker

look at your main breaker feeding this panel...most likely tripped it

Ground fault interupt , circuit breakers protect the entire circuit. GFCI circuit breakers are simple: By installing one in the service panel (breaker box), it adds GFCI protection to an entire circuit, including the wiring and all devices and appliances connected to the circuit.
Any small amount of water will trip them,
Does yours look like this does it have the reset button?
See the source image

I read you're supposed to press down really hard to actually reset a breaker
On a reg breaker that does not have the test button you click it fully to off it should reset and then fully back the other way to On.
It should stay in on position and not blow or float in middle frreely.

The power company just put this box in two months ago too

Latest posts

Back