Can anyone tell me the sex of this plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bibini

Here is a picture, I am very confused of what the sex is, can someone tell me? Is it ermaphrodite? If it is, can it still polinate others?

untitled.JPG

I think I see some hairs.... But the pic. is to small. Can you resize it ?

hi bibi' I honestly can't tell much from that picture. Preflowers are pretty difficult, even to the experienced eye, to determine sex. It almost looks like a male flower forming. But within a few more days of 12's, it should easily determined. Give it a few days.
Hermis are NOT suitable pollen donors for any breeding. Hermaphrodites, propogate more hermaphrodites. Hermi's are detrimental to the production of "quality" marijuana.
You do not want hermi genetics in your growroom, your breeding program or your seedline.

Looks female. But to be sure could you take a pic of the other side to see where that hair is growing from. Are you going to reveg or flower?

Shiva02.jpg

I believe it is the same on the other side
more than 7 weeks old, I think it needs 1-2 weeks more veg. before flowering? What do you think?

The pic you posted shows that the plant has not yet reached sexual maturity.
You should wait until the plant has alternating nodes.

As the previous reply states, your plant is not sexually mature enough to determine sex yet. If I had to guess, I would say that the presence of the hair would indicate a high potential to be female, however, I would allow the plant another 5-10 days before trying to make a more informed decision. Watch it closely, and it will let you know soon enough.

EastCoastHydroConsulting said:
As the previous reply states, your plant is not sexually mature enough to determine sex yet. If I had to guess, I would say that the presence of the hair would indicate a high potential to be female, however, I would allow the plant another 5-10 days before trying to make a more informed decision. Watch it closely, and it will let you know soon enough.

So do you mean that it should stay in 12/12 for 5-10 more days so that sex can be confirmed and the re-enter it into vegetative?
How many weeks after planting a seed can one start flowering? (usually)

Thanks

Well, since you have already started the 12/12, you may as well keep it in the flowering cycle until sex is determined. Otherwise, you will have stressed your plant for nothing. I usually give mine 8 weeks from germinating before I enter the flowering cycle, but, dependent on the strain, you can force flower in as little as 4 weeks. I would recommend 6 weeks as an all around good figure from the date of germination until you flower...unless of course you are growing a ruderalis strain, in which case it is autoflowering and is not up to you at all.

Question Bibini. Why did you put it on 12/12 unless you wanted to flower it in the first place ? That's alot of stress you could have saved the plant if you just waited for preflowers to show in veg.

EastCoastHydroConsulting said:
Well, since you have already started the 12/12, you may as well keep it in the flowering cycle until sex is determined. Otherwise, you will have stressed your plant for nothing. I usually give mine 8 weeks from germinating before I enter the flowering cycle, but, dependent on the strain, you can force flower in as little as 4 weeks. I would recommend 6 weeks as an all around good figure from the date of germination until you flower...unless of course you are growing a ruderalis strain, in which case it is autoflowering and is not up to you at all.

Yeah but it is already 8 weeks old. Isnt that mature enough? You quoted before that from the pic you see that it is not mature enough and now you said that you can force flower in as little as 4 weeks. Im a little confused.

I put it on 12/12 so that I could determine sex earlier.

Latest posts

Back