Can I clone a buding plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbo_Stonerz

PackinThaBowlinOnt_Stoner
Reaction score
I have 5 ak47's outside all in full bud. One of them Ireally like they way she grows, the buds are bigger/fatter and smell better too. This lady looks so good I dont realy want to let her die so I was wondering if I can clone her even though she is budding. I figure, weather permitting, she will be ready for harvest end of Oct. There are a few branches with very few bud sites but alot of leaves at the bottom of her that dont get much light if any. could I cut 1 or 4 of thoes branches bring them indoors under light 24/7 and get them to grow?

Yes...will take a few weeks prob to revert back to veg providing the clones root properly....

Ptbo_Stonerz said:
I was wondering if I can clone her even though she is budding.

yes you can. A clone can be take'n anytime prior to harvest....

I have tested this many times and cloned as late as day 55 into flower

takes alot of work and time to make it root then reveg but can be done in soil and a glass of water that i know of...

expect a couple months before the plant really does much in growth but it will grow and will look real funky for awhile....

use your P tool mang and watch the wonders happen :D

grow on

yes the longer in flower the longer it will take to root- if at all. some times the hardness of the cutting like roses get hard to clone later in flowering.... you can try it...and if it works, you know more of your limitations and abilities.

good luck continuing those genetics my friend!

My amsterdam one cloned close to harvest, but I think its good as dead... some work, and some won't... have some snazlberry that made it and the roots look great!

yes you can like the others have stated here. BUT the longer the plant is in flower, the harder to root the clone. i usually try for the 3rd week of flower maximum. why? you look for the best plants to takes clones from and you cannot tell when they are in veg. you can see aggressive growth but not potencial yeild. therefore i sometime wait until preflower is finished happening to do a bud site count and then pick the best overall plants AND take the potencial MOM out to revert to veg again. this is for a 8 week strain; you have a longer window for sativas.

Thank you for they advice everyone it was very helpful. I have decided now tho that instead of cloning her i,m just going to let her grow and buy a couple packs of beans from Dr Chronic for next year. I had bad luck wirth cloning a veging plant so I dont wanna try with a budding one, total newb and dont wanna mess things up.

ye gods, it is alive. rumor has it that bwd shorted out the forum on sunday wiff his wand contraption and was lost in the 5th dimension.

Latest posts

Back