can I compress my sticky buds while drying.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear ! Have you seen the containers they pack an ounce in at the dispenseries? They are so small ! Meanwhile one ounce of my weed uses an entire Mason Jar stuffed to the brim. Something weird is going on, maybe its the phosphoload you mention.

I'll just dry naturally but was curious to know about the processes used to cure.

Thanks for the great response.
Stuffed to the brim, mine usually have 2 oz in a mason jar.

Bubba

Always wondered how long they dried there weed down in Mexico and South America before compressing it into bricks kilos and bales… I am 61 and have seen all of them.
My buddy would have to take a humidifier
& place a large thick plastic sheet over it and the Bale before breaking it apart and weighing it out into pounds (Did this for two reasons the pot was usually pretty dry and it was easier to break apart once it was moist). Took quite a while to break up a 40 to 50 pound Bale…

thanks for the Cob information I had heard about that before, maybe subconsciously that’s why I tried rolling my big bud up in a paper towel that one day… only to find it worked. ( and a few since) pic below of several that were wrapped dried & then jar cured
I make my Thai sticks in a very similar
way. Pic attached…
The weed is dried for three days Then rolled in waxless parchment paper before applying the frozen ground hash to it, then rolled in Waxless parchment paper again and tied up with wire to cure In a warm well ventilated area to prevent mold.
((I usually use a 6” 1/2”inch thick bud branch for the stick, Ends up being about 3/8”inch thick one cured))
View attachment 293797View attachment 293798View attachment 293799View attachment 293800View attachment 293801View attachment 293803

Nice ! Those look cool and stack nicely I'm sure. I'll have to make some Northern Lights sticks..

I did this with a few more buds a while back and they dried out nicely (pic later) They are the prettiest buds I have and seem to be curing well in stick form.

No, not really. But they are very carefully arranged! One ounce just in there, not arranged usually more than half anyway. These are Indicas with hard dense buds. Some strains can be a bit more whispy for lack of better term?

I try to keep the tricomes from being disturbed as much as possible. For long term storage, frozen I used to put in seal ameal bag on full squish, which keeps it fresh for a long time, but I didnt care for that at all in terms of "bag appeal" or whatever. Might be good for long term, but now I would do a lesser squish, mine is adjustable.

I have a couple mason jars, empty now, that are still marked "115 grams" on the lid. That was both jars together. This works fine with minimal compression for nugs except the big honkers....they wont go in mason jar anyway. typical nice bud size

This is after cure of course....

Bubba

Last edited:
Always wondered how long they dried there weed down in Mexico and South America before compressing it into bricks kilos and bales… I am 61 and have seen all of them.
My buddy would have to take a humidifier
& place a large thick plastic sheet over it and the Bale before breaking it apart and weighing it out into pounds (Did this for two reasons the pot was usually pretty dry and it was easier to break apart once it was moist). Took quite a while to break up a 40 to 50 pound Bale…

thanks for the Cob information I had heard about that before, maybe subconsciously that’s why I tried rolling my big bud up in a paper towel that one day… only to find it worked. ( and a few since) pic below of several that were wrapped dried & then jar cured
I make my Thai sticks in a very similar
way. Pic attached…
The weed is dried for three days Then rolled in waxless parchment paper before applying the frozen ground hash to it, then rolled in Waxless parchment paper again and tied up with wire to cure In a warm well ventilated area to prevent mold.
((I usually use a 6” 1/2”inch thick bud branch for the stick, Ends up being about 3/8”inch thick one cured))
View attachment 293797View attachment 293798View attachment 293799View attachment 293800View attachment 293801View attachment 293803

Nice! I just smoked the little bud I compressed earlier. It looks so small, but when it got to my grinder, it exploded ! A small pinch off the top of one of my compressed buds fills my bow easily. They look pretty too.

You can use paper bags for that. Still, in my opinion, it is more reasonable to buy cannabis rather than grow it by yourself. It will cost you approximately the same amount of money, but you don't have to take care of your plant to water it daily. They have many cannabis sorts, and you can get many discounts there. You can find prices, offers, and other products they sell on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can find many websites on the internet where you can buy CBD and THC products online. You can also get them delivered right next to your door. Unfortunately, it is not as free as in other countries where cannabis is legalized, so you won't find any coffee shops on the streets where you'll be able to buy cannabis.
Growing your own is kind of a common goal on this forum. Buying online products can be fruitless and/or dangerous if the products are not properly grown or tested.

I haven't been to a dispensary in over 13 years. If I didn't grow for myself I would get my bud on here. No commercial grade s-hit for me.
Went to a dispensary in Massachusetts a couple years ago just to try some legal bud. It was nothing special but I walked out of the place with an eighth ounce and a pre-roll all for the bargain price of $80. Taxes are a killer. The smoke was not.

I haven't been to a dispensary in over 13 years. If I didn't grow for myself I would get my bud on here. No commercial grade s-hit for me.

funny thing is , there are some good dispensaries out there , heck , we ran one for a couple years up in Teller county

i grew all the weed and it is the same weed I grow today , no evil additives , clean good medicine

our herb was far from commercial grade sh-it

A832CABC-0076-4422-A050-B0A098FA32E8.jpeg

40CBE96B-41BB-44BB-A59C-70E632F57D2E.jpeg
3ECE68DF-3BBA-4DA8-A88F-6F4E1C0E94CF.jpeg

funny thing is , there are some good dispensaries out there , heck , we ran one for a couple years up in Teller county

i grew all the weed and it is the same weed I grow today , no evil additives , clean good medicine

View attachment 306268

View attachment 306269View attachment 306265
I think establishments like your are an exception to the rule rather than the norm. The kid who sold me the eighth ounce didn’t know squat about their products. He was just in it for a tip because the owners of dispensaries here pay minimum wage which isn’t a living wage in Taxachusetts. He didn’t even really deserve the minimum wage to be honest but I tipped him just the same…

I'd be nervous about compressing buds. Better than 40 years ago, we got in a bunch of pounds that were compressed into the shape of a small football. The weed was decent for commercial stuff, but you had to be careful. If you smelled the least whiff of ammonia, you either passed or demanded to cut the pound in half. Nine times outta ten, the center core would be gray with mold. If they refused to let you slice the pound, you walked out.

You can use paper bags for that. Still, in my opinion, it is more reasonable to buy cannabis rather than grow it by yourself. It will cost you approximately the same amount of money, but you don't have to take care of your plant to water it daily.

No way is it better to buy weed than grow your own. Like anything it takes start-up money. But it doesn't take long for your weed to pay for itself unless you suck at growing.
And as for as taking care of your girls,,,that's the best part of growing. Most everyone on here loves growing weed. It's very satisfying.
I'm a Gardner and i love growing anything and everything. I would rather eat my home grown veggies than store bought anytime. And I will always love smoking my own weed . Plus I know that my shit doesn't have pesticides.

Last edited:
You can use paper bags for that. Still, in my opinion, it is more reasonable to buy cannabis rather than grow it by yourself. It will cost you approximately the same amount of money, but you don't have to take care of your plant to water it daily.

hello Claire and welcome aboard

thank you for you opinion ,it is always good to hear from more people to help us put things in perspective…….

none of us see things the same , we are all different

having said that , I can grow cannabis far cheaper than any dispensary

how?

growing outdoors

and I know people who can grow indoors cheaper than dispensary weed

so yeah , everyone’s experience can be different

i can also agree with you that yes , some people spend approximately the same amount of money and could buy cannabis for about the same

minus all the watering

it there are ways around all of that and for some of us , watering cannabis plants is very relaxing and therapeutic , be one with the plant

stick around

This is the main reason I have a legal med grower card…
Because…—>
E2D275F1-67B7-48B0-9E08-C9D28FBA52EE.png
D2F02ACA-336A-4817-93EA-E0C7E4CA4A32.png
E1320442-8B9F-40B0-8305-699D47DE0E49.png
2A1682CF-4A4D-4FF1-BEC0-8E62D9D329A4.jpeg
EF9BFCEC-2263-465C-8269-647DF1977844.png
96011478-4F21-4A3E-A269-089AC5E02BF6.jpeg

—> it’s good shit man and it ain’t from no Labrador retriever!

Bwahahaha....that is the silly. And I will leave it at that.

Last edited:

View attachment 306268

View attachment 306269View attachment 306265
Wow that's killer what's that strain that's impressive what kind of food do you use cause I want mine to look a little something like that in the near future.

Latest posts

Back