Can I get the sex faster this way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudLover#69

Just a Stoned Member!
Reaction score
Hello all you Bud Pros! I got sort of a newb question. I've only been growing for a couple yrs now. I started with clones and have just kept cloning so I kinda got that down. I have only tried seed a couple times with very poor luck,.. Forever to get a Female and then when grown out sucked! Was from bag seed though.

OK my friend just gifted me 3 nice looking babys maybe 3 weeks or so. He swears they are Mendo Purps! I would love to add an indica dom to my strains. They have alternating nodes. So if I put them in my flower room, will they show sex faster? And if so, after I have the sex will it be harmful to put it back in the veg room for more growth and cuttings in a few weeks.. Sounds stupid but I just don't have time or space to waste growing males! If I can cut the time down finding out by a few weeks that would be nice, or Am I way off here on this? lol, Thanks guys

You're way off with that. Stress city for the plants and there are easier ways.

One, if they are already alternating, you're not too far from seeing pre flowers.

Two, if big enough, cut a clone, put in a glass of water. Put THAT in your flowering room. Doubt if it will root, but it will stay alive long enough to show sex and no stress to the gifted plant.

Be sure and take clones before you flower the ladies.

Wet

Wetdog said:
You're way off with that. Stress city for the plants and there are easier ways.

One, if they are already alternating, you're not too far from seeing pre flowers.

Two, if big enough, cut a clone, put in a glass of water. Put THAT in your flowering room. Doubt if it will root, but it will stay alive long enough to show sex and no stress to the gifted plant.

Be sure and take clones before you flower the ladies.

Wet

:holysheep: Hey I never thought about the cutting thing!! lol that is a great ideal,,thinking that would work and not interrupt the veg,,lol I feel stupid now but I have not did the seed thing that much! Thanks:D

LOL Know what you mean. The last seed I popped was in 2009. Been working with clones from those seeds ever since.

Wet

LOL, must of been one dam good seed!,, Ya Ive been growing Sour-d and snocap from the original cuttings I bought two years ago. I had GDP too but was new to cloning and lost that strain, still mad about that because it was good stuff after grown out too.. But maybe one out of the three here will be female and just maybe my friend is right and they really are Mendo Purp! would be nice ;) taking a chance becuase I have limited space, I could put a very proven sour-d plant in, instead! If it is not the Mendo I am Kicking his ***!! LOL :hubba:

Hamster Lewis said:
That's because clones rule........lol:)

Well, that, and the fact that my seed starting fu is really weak.:holysheep:

I'll bet it's just defective seeds.:doh: :hubba: ;) ;)

Wet

:ciao: Happy Growing

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back