Can I ?.... Or Should I Not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt420lane

Reaction score
I started with little planting cups and then put them in 1 gal planters....
im all most 2 weeks in two flowering and NOW know that my planter of 1
gal is not big enuff for my plants... my tallest is 2 foot 3" and smallest 12"
I have ben told that i would hurt my plants more by puting them in there
much needed biger planter now this late in to flowering ...and that they would be better off just to keep them ware they are do to stress in trans plant while flowering...I understand that my 12" plants probly would be fine ....and am more thanking about my 2 foot 3" and stressing if SHE has enuff root space that i know she dont have....I allso understand that i need about 1 gal per
one foot of growth......the ? is should i go ahead and transplant or not...
thank you so much for your help

ps ....i use soil and a 15-30-15...if that is of any help

matt

Hi there. I would probably go ahead and transplant all of them if you have the room and containers available. Transplanting two weeks into flowering isn't the worst thing you can do. I say transplant them. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

thanks ....im wanting as much feed back and if there are more yes's than no's
i will......and if more no's then yes's i will leav them...lol....might sound crazy but it is all i can thank of to make my baby's safe....:)

Do not transplant, if you feel there is a dire need and your plants are root bound, carefully take the bottom of the pot off with a knife or saw etc and put the plant in the pot in the new pot, the roots will grow out the bottom of the cut pot into the bigger pot, your going to stress your girls if you take them out of the pot in flower and increase your chances of getting a hermie 10 fold, put this grow down to learning and grow in 5 gallon pots next grow.

Smokey sounds like he is a yes, I am too as long as they have not flowered yet. Are the plants stressed yet? You would be surprised but you might be OK leaving them, any pics? It's tough to picture this in my head right now LOL. Also if you are that worried try removing the bottoms of the current container, carefully and then placing that in a bigger container, that will work fine too IMO. Also if you are gentle with a transplant it will be OK, just be gentle and everything will be OK. I would really like to see pics first to give you a definite answer on what I would do.

I transplant in flowering all the time:D. I do use grow bags though and they just slide off the ball. 2 weeks in i'd say do it. It will increase your yield.

Mine are like yers, I got 12 inchers up to just over 2 feet in flower and all in 1 gallon jugs. All doing WELL, healthyhealthyhealthy. If you can get the plants out of the containers without much root disturbance then go ahead and go larger, otherwise leave'm they're fine.;)

If you can transplant without stressing the plant or disturbing the rootball go for it.

ok...i transplanted all the small ones in to 3 1\2 gal pot....do to thats what i had
and dont really want plants biger than 3 to 4 foot any way....i dont have the room ...and the 2 foot 3" female I i cut out the bottom of the pot and put it in bigger pot ....thanks to all and i will let you all know how they make out

matt

all are doing real well.... they just welped for 1-2 days and are just fine again!!!

well here it is about 7 days after the transplant and all plants are looking good...
the female that was in flower has grown 4 in from the time of transplant and 2 of the 4 other plants are showing me there female plants !!!...I dont recommend
transplanting so late but if you are new or just scewed up it can be done..
thanks again for all your help all !!!

matt

I dont recommend
transplanting so late
It's fine. I always put mine in flower until they show sex then transplant...never had a problem. I'm glad you got your girls safely transplanted:D.

Latest posts

Back