Can I pre-mix nutrients?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
Not with water... rather with themselves.

Example:

In every gallon of water I always add, 2 tbsp Big Bloom, 1 tbsp Tiger Bloom, 2 tsp Cal Mag and 1 tsp of some bloom enhancer.

So, can I add all those together in those proportions and make a gallon or 2 of it. Then, when I water, I can just add 4 tbsp of that nutrient mix to my water and away I go.

Just not sure what will happen to all those when I mix them together and let them sit for a few weeks.

It would be nice to make up a few gallons of my little brew beforehand and only have 1 thing to mix with the water.

Just thinking out loud.

I know with GH 3 part you can not do that. You have to dilute the Micro in water first and then add the others. I always stir the mix real good between adding Parts.

Not a good idea many times when mixed with high strength the nutrients will crystallize i do not under stand its not like your feeding 200 plants ????
Even when i did over 200 plant grows once done 55 gallon drum of food i would re fill it and re mix and yea feeding 200 + plants took about 6 hrs and over 200 gallons of water every 4 days so whats the big deal mixing 5 gallons if your lucky lol

I mix up 2 gallons of Grow and 3 gallons of Flower at a time. I find myself feeding a little bit more in Flower. They are bigger and need more. jmo

No ...certain nutes will precipitate making them unavailable to the plants

That's exactly what I was thinking. I feel the Cal-Mag would create that exact problem.

I'll stick with the way I do it now. Like the Dr. said, it's only a few plants.

Thanks

So when i person mixes his nutrients in a pail and places a lid on it its still going to precipitate ???? of course if you place a cup of water in a lowe humid area it will precipitate
It was to my understanding that ,,,,, why people should store there plant food in a dark and cool place as well as not to mix there nutrient solution all at once with out water
lets face it no matter how you look at it micro and macro nutrients when broken down are a chemical compound

http://www.chemicool.com/

So what happens or could happen when pre mixing chemical compounds ( Your A and B bloom fulvix amino acids etc ) and storing it well again these chemicals can react to each other and make new chemicals ,, I think its called covalent bonding or something like that anyways this is not good i remember in chem class how we mixxed certain chemicals together an out come was heat and energy from it you touched the vile and noticed it was warm so heat it takes energy to make heat right and chemicals formed new chemicals etc
So really how can this happen well we see nutrient uptake charts well different ph levels
so in reality by keeping the fluid in a dark and cool place and keeping the fluid a exactly 7.0 ph neutral so you keep the chemical compounds from joining and making new chemical compounds at a low level

I just checked the pH on my Fox Farms Big Bloom. Right out of the bottle it's a 2.4pH. The Tiger was a little higher at 2.6.

Small wonder these bring the water down so fast.

I didn't look at all the ingredients but this is fertilizer. C'mon, it's bat **** and sea weed, LMAO. It's not Na/H2O. LOL I can't imagine too much happening by pre-mixing it together. LOL

Still, I have no footnotes so there might be a very valid reason and I just don't know exactly what it is. LOL

And, as someone said, it's only one gallon that I need to mix. LMAO

Still, a hacker always looks for a better way. I can't help myself. ;)

I didn't look at all the ingredients but this is fertilizer. C'mon, it's bat **** and sea weed, LMAO. It's not Na/H2O. LOL I can't imagine too much happening by pre-mixing it together. LOL

Not true many natural occurring substances also have chemical names. Bat guano does not have a chemical name but it does contain N, P, K.
Dolomite lime is (CaMg)(CO3)2

Yeah, I know, I was just joking.

I can't imagine anything dangerous in it but it might affect the effectiveness of the nutes.

I was just tossing it out to see what would stick. ;)

Latest posts

Back