Can I save a Hermie still in vegetation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannanerd

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm in a desperate situation. During super cropping my plant, I stressed her too much and she hermied on me. She's still in vegetation state, but I wanted to switch her at the end of the week. My question is: if I cut the pollen sacks, will they keep reappearing during the flower? She's the only one I have to flower right now so I'd prefer not to kill her if I don't have to

Oh , and welcome aboard.

how about you write out an introduction in the New Members Thread?

Several years ago I was growing some Jackie-O .....good plant , but it would throw some male pollen sacks at 68-70 days of flower...no biggie , I would just pinch off the balls and carry on because I liked that plant at 75-80 days

said that to say this , if your plant is throwing male pollen sacks this early , you would be spending most Of your time grooming one plant and if you do not know the genetics , will it be worth it?

have you ever smoked a hermied out plant?...I have....it wasn’t very good at all. Maybe yours will be different.

Good luck.

Cull it!!!!

Like bigsur said. Introduce yourself and tell us about your garden.....maybe we can help from this happening again!

I'm the opposite. If I'd put the time in to grow the bugger, I'd watch her like a hawk, pull the boy parts off, and smoke her up after harvest. I wouldn't waste the grow space to grow that variety again unless I was sure I had stressed it too much that caused the herme to happen. Trick is, if you miss just one pollen sack, you can contaminate your entire crop. All is not lost, though. We smoked seeded weed for many years. It ain't near as good, IMO.

I'm the opposite. If I'd put the time in to grow the bugger, I'd watch her like a hawk, pull the boy parts off, and smoke her up after harvest. I wouldn't waste the grow space to grow that variety again unless I was sure I had stressed it too much that caused the herme to happen. Trick is, if you miss just one pollen sack, you can contaminate your entire crop. All is not lost, though. We smoked seeded weed for many years. It ain't near as good, IMO.
Hence the question
Is seeded weed less potant than no seeds........................
In most cases I would agree , less But sometimes it taste and smokes fine.
But not with a full Hermied plant Balls to the wall say. Kill it.

I'd pull it out. If it is already stressing to that extent, it will be a nightmare in flower to try and catch everything. You will miss some and you will have seeded plants. They'll all be feminized, but they also carry the herm genetics, so it's a crap shoot with the offspring.

I missed a few hermie pollin sacs on my first grow and had so many seeds that you had to brake up 6inch buds to get a couple joints. the rest was all seeds

Latest posts

Back