Can I Transplant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBobMarleyJr

Forever A Blazed Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to transplant a two week old sweetie or is it not worth it i recently put my faith in the wife to water my baby while i was away and came home to it pretty much swimming would like to put her in new soil because what its in now is a lake let me kno thanks

Don't your pots have any drainage holes?

The trouble with transplanting when they are that wet is that the soil will not stay together and protect the roots during a transplant.

Yeah sounds like either your soil has poor drainage or you hve no drainage holes in the bottom of your pot.

ya it dose but they dont seem to be workin, if i tip the pot to one hole it will drain but when flat nothing lil worried dont wanna lose it

its mg soil not the best stuff but should drain ok but i think i need to take it out of what i have her in its an ice cream bucket but i have 12 drilled holes in the bottom..... seems like theres way to much sitting water in it tho its somewhat clear so its easy to tell

Sounds like you need perilite in the soil, tip it if you have too and get a fan pointed at the soil, how big of a pot is it in? hopefully small and it will dry out quickly.

:( not small enough.. any ideas if not just gonna tip it and pray

If it is going to die anyway, get a new pot ready with some decent lightly moistened soil. Tip the pot over in your hand and let all the water and perhaps a root run through your fingers. Carefully place the tiny baby in the pot that is all ready. Pray and good luck.

dman1234 said:
Sounds like you need perilite in the soil, tip it if you have too and get a fan pointed at the soil, how big of a pot is it in? hopefully small and it will dry out quickly.

Good call dman...didn't even think about there being a lack of perlite.....
I always put about a 1/2 inch layer of perlite at the bottom of my pots and usually add perlite to my medium.

transplant went really good lost some nice roots but it looked good, got some nice new soil and a perfect pot for her i did put some perlite at the bottom its good to see u do the same gave me confidence lol.... figure it'll take about a week for her to start to root again and shows some growth, or DIE but here we go thanks for all the tips

MrBobMarleyJr said:
transplant went really good lost some nice roots but it looked good, got some nice new soil and a perfect pot for her i did put some perlite at the bottom its good to see u do the same gave me confidence lol.... figure it'll take about a week for her to start to root again and shows some growth, or DIE but here we go thanks for all the tips

She will live bro.....MJ is a tough lil plant. Glad you got the transplant out of the way.

Ya me to thanks for all the advise tho helping me out a lot, first real time i have tryed to get some nice turnouts... i just have to figure out the best way to do cfls now n ill be good to go i figured itll take me a few trys to get it down to a science. so ill just keep chattin with you guys because everyones helpin alot, wish i could share at the end!!

Hey bro; don't be too worried if she starts to look like she is dying at first. loosing some roots tends to shock them and they look a little weak for about a week, then they bounce back. Good Grow Mojo to ya

ya she's look fine not to worried today like yesterday, but im still havin issues with it to cant figure it out what it is

really wish i could get a pic on here so i can get your feed back ill try to throw one on here tonight is it hard to get pics on here

Yeah a pic would help, but it is probably just the shock of all that she been through. If yu want to load a pic, yu have to get it on yer computer then resize it to about 480x760 or something close. then when yu go to post reply, go down page to "manage attachments" click on that then click on "browse" and find your pic on your computer and click on it to load it. then click on "upload", when its done, click on post reply and it should load it up. good luck with it bro

there was and issiue befor the transplant thought i had fixed it but i went away and had someone else drown her lol so now shes hurtin but youll see a bit later keep and eye on the post

Lets play a game called "Whats Wrong"
Lots of yellow starting around the edge of her leaves and a small amount of little brown spots on a few tips/edges lemme here your thoughts please!?!?!?!

What yu have there is a nutrient imbalance and/or ph imballance caused by the overwatering. She is in big time shock at the moment. If yu put her in good soil when yu transplanted, with all the proper nutes and ph ballanced, and very light on the water for a few days (moisen the soil then allow to dry) she should come back. Yu may end up loosing some leaves b4 its over tho. I am not a soil man, I do hydro, but I think she will pull through. do yu use organic or chem ferts for this grow? I ask because if yu can get some cal/mag solution and set it up for a foliar spray, then I would say to do that and spray a bit (not a lot) once a day for the next week and see if that helps... There are some really good stickies over on the "sick plants" thread. There are some really good charts that will help yu recognize any deficiencies as they begin, and what to do for them. Give them a read in yer spare time. Hang in there, I think she will pull through. good grow mojo

Latest posts

Back