• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Can I use this method to make hash?

zem

Reaction score
So I have the Magical Butter machine that has a program to infuse with alcohol. It basically heats infuses extracts into alcohol for tincture, and it made me wonder how good would that infusion be if it were evaporated completely to make some hash for smoking. I used to freeze everything and do 3 batches A B C and tried to prevent plant material from being extracted but with this method, I imagine it would extract a lot of the unwanted parts of the plant. How well of an extract would that be for smoking? Thanks for your input, cheers!

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod
Staff member
Reaction score
This seems like kind of a lot of trouble/expense (Everclear is expensive) for hash when making bubble hash or dry ice hash is so easy.

This is similar to how I make RSO, except I do the frozen everything and shake, shake, shake and do not use the butter machine. While I do not use a butter machine to make RSO, I do use Everclear and then evaporate off as much alcohol as I can--virtually all of it. I am guessing that this is similar to how hash is made when a solvent is used. So, believe that it would work just fine...it just seems so much more expensive, time consuming, and dangerous than bubble hash.

zem

Reaction score
Good info THG! I wish I had bubble bags but i don't and cannot buy any online, so i have to go with ethanol of which i have a good quantity and i have an alcohol distiller to recapture much of the alcohol. I have an electric stove to warm up the ethanol so there is minimal danger. As for the ease, the magical butter machine is simple it runs by itself for 4 hours or 8 depending on the intended quality. the 8 hours should come out more intense. I find this easy however what I am worried about, is that when heated and for all this time, the plant matter might be too high in the distillate. When I did extraction in the freezer, I used to freeze everything including the alcohol then I would let the plant matter sit only a few minutes in the alcohol to prevent extracting undesired material. So I got batch A which would be golden transparent and batches B and C become darker as I do a second and third run of alcohol through the plant matter. That method was too much effort so I will probably have to try and run the magical butter machine and see what quality would come out of it. Thanks for your input :)