Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Can regular seed plants wreck my feminized seed plants?

sharonp

Reaction score
I ordered Auto Lemon Haze Feminized seeds and they sent me free Big Bud regular seeds. Can you grow them in the same grow room? I planted two of the Big Bud and they came up, but if they can ruin my feminized plants I am not interested in growing them. This is my first indoor grow and I have grown outdoors years ago a couple times and never had a problem with males. I guess I got lucky. Maybe next time I will try other seeds but needed something easy this time.

Last edited:

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
The Autos will grow under the same light as Photo plants if necessary. Autos grow better with a 20/4 light schedule though. With Photo plants i like to vegg under 24/0,so the Autos will do great during that time but when you flip the Photos to 12/12 it will take 8hrs of light from the Autos that you would use under the 20/4 light schedule. You will get more weed from the Big Bud Photo.

Cannagrammy

Reaction score
With Photo plants i like to vegg under 24/0,
Not that this original post is about this, but Hopper, do you then flip to 12/12 or transition into it? And if you do just flip, is the stretch more than one would expect?

RosterTheCog

Severely, Impacted ,Anal Gland...... Oh Joy.
Reaction score
Not that this original post is about this, but Hopper, do you then flip to 12/12 or transition into it? And if you do just flip, is the stretch more than one would expect?
I was always under the impression that photos need some darkness to say sleep.
Something to do with chlorophyll production , I can not remember right now LOL

OK Good read here @weedhooper is correct.

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Also when i flip i do 12/12 for about 4 or 5 weeks then i change to 10/14. For me i seem to get bigger frostier buds with more dark hours. But to each his own.

Cannagrammy

Reaction score
12/12 for about 4 or 5 weeks
Do you think that creates more of a stretch? I have run 24 lights on in veg also, but I transition down. I'm wondering about the stretch if I didn't. Also, I definitely will have to try your way and see what more dark does. I have used 11/13 before but didn't notice a difference.

Last edited:

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Grammy,,24/0 gives you very little stretch in Vegg.Makes the plants bushier as long as your lights aren't to far from the canopy.
Dont know about plants sleeping. Never heard any snoring. 😁

Cannagrammy

Reaction score
Grammy,,24/0 gives you very little stretch in Vegg
Right, I've done it. My question is, you know the first 3 weeks of flowering, the stretch that happens? That stretch, do you think it's more because of the drastic change from 24 hours of light to a direct 12 hours, versus the way I do it, slowly lowering from 24 down to 22 then down a half hour increments over a couple weeks time?

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh i see what your saying. Never really thought about the stretch during flower. Ill be bach.😁

Okay read this.

Last edited:

Cannagrammy

Reaction score
Thank you, I do all that and love the control my lights give me. My hps were too hot to do anything with. I also train accordingly, just was really curious if you noticed more stretch. Once I have enough electricity to leave my lights on 24 hours, imma try it with a sudden drop to 12.

Last edited:

RosterTheCog

Reaction score
Grammy,,24/0 gives you very little stretch in Vegg.Makes the plants bushier as long as your lights aren't to far from the canopy.
Dont know about plants sleeping. Never heard any snoring. 😁
See the source image

Yarn | I don't know that​

sharonp

Reaction score
The Autos will grow under the same light as Photo plants if necessary. Autos grow better with a 20/4 light schedule though. With Photo plants i like to vegg under 24/0,so the Autos will do great during that time but when you flip the Photos to 12/12 it will take 8hrs of light from the Autos that you would use under the 20/4 light schedule. You will get more weed from the Big Bud Photo.
The plants are only seedlings now, 5 days since they sprouted. I have three autos and two big bud. I had them under two 65 watt full spectrum bulbs and yesterday I got the Spider Farm 1000. I only have that on 70 but it is close to the plants so the stems do not get to leggy. I haven't hooked it up to the timer yet. I was worried I could kill them so, I have them now 12 hours under the lights. They are getting greener and opening up. I used jiffy pots and have already transplanted them. I put the autos in five gallon cloth pots and the big bud in smaller pots until I figure out what to do with them.

It is so tempting to try to grow them all because I wanted the Lemon Haze for the sativa and having the indica from the Big Bud would be nice too. Free seeds are nice but I would have to seperate them and try growing the Big Bud with stronger light bulbs then what I have. I have the Spider Farm 1000 and two of those clip on lights. They really aren't ideal but they can be put different places at different angles.

WeedHopper

Staff member
Reaction score
I would grow them all. Especially with the light system you have. Its going to be awhile before you need the 1000.

RosterTheCog

Reaction score
I would grow them all. Especially with the light system you have. Its going to be awhile before you need the 1000.
Pretty sure that Spider Farm is 100-150 true watts from wall
covers 2 x2 area

More info
About this item
  • LOWER RUNNING COSTS & HIGHER-QUALITY YIELDS: SF LED Grow Lights utilize the latest in high yielding LEDs technology today-Samsung LM301B diodes, high Energy Efficiency with 2.9 umol/J, delivers powerful light output and uniform canopy penetration to resulting maximum higher yields. Only consumes 100w, running 50% less power than the HPS or other SMD LEDs or Blurple lamps. Veg footprint is 3 x 3 ft, Flowering footprint is 2 x 2 ft.

sharonp

Reaction score
Pretty sure that Spider Farm is 100-150 true watts from wall
covers 2 x2 area

More info
About this item
  • LOWER RUNNING COSTS & HIGHER-QUALITY YIELDS: SF LED Grow Lights utilize the latest in high yielding LEDs technology today-Samsung LM301B diodes, high Energy Efficiency with 2.9 umol/J, delivers powerful light output and uniform canopy penetration to resulting maximum higher yields. Only consumes 100w, running 50% less power than the HPS or other SMD LEDs or Blurple lamps. Veg footprint is 3 x 3 ft, Flowering footprint is 2 x 2 ft.
This is the most confusing of all that what a light watt says is not true watts.

Latest posts