Can regular seed plants wreck my feminized seed plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I ordered Auto Lemon Haze Feminized seeds and they sent me free Big Bud regular seeds. Can you grow them in the same grow room? I planted two of the Big Bud and they came up, but if they can ruin my feminized plants I am not interested in growing them. This is my first indoor grow and I have grown outdoors years ago a couple times and never had a problem with males. I guess I got lucky. Maybe next time I will try other seeds but needed something easy this time.

Last edited:
The Autos will grow under the same light as Photo plants if necessary. Autos grow better with a 20/4 light schedule though. With Photo plants i like to vegg under 24/0,so the Autos will do great during that time but when you flip the Photos to 12/12 it will take 8hrs of light from the Autos that you would use under the 20/4 light schedule. You will get more weed from the Big Bud Photo.

With Photo plants i like to vegg under 24/0,

Not that this original post is about this, but Hopper, do you then flip to 12/12 or transition into it? And if you do just flip, is the stretch more than one would expect?

Also when i flip i do 12/12 for about 4 or 5 weeks then i change to 10/14. For me i seem to get bigger frostier buds with more dark hours. But to each his own.

12/12 for about 4 or 5 weeks

Do you think that creates more of a stretch? I have run 24 lights on in veg also, but I transition down. I'm wondering about the stretch if I didn't. Also, I definitely will have to try your way and see what more dark does. I have used 11/13 before but didn't notice a difference.

Last edited:
I was always under the impression that photos need some darkness to say sleep.

I thought it had more to do with the roots' processes that happen when the plant isn't photosynthisizing. Gonna read your article though, thanks!

Grammy,,24/0 gives you very little stretch in Vegg.Makes the plants bushier as long as your lights aren't to far from the canopy.
Dont know about plants sleeping. Never heard any snoring. 😁

Grammy,,24/0 gives you very little stretch in Vegg

Right, I've done it. My question is, you know the first 3 weeks of flowering, the stretch that happens? That stretch, do you think it's more because of the drastic change from 24 hours of light to a direct 12 hours, versus the way I do it, slowly lowering from 24 down to 22 then down a half hour increments over a couple weeks time?

Thank you, I do all that and love the control my lights give me. My hps were too hot to do anything with. I also train accordingly, just was really curious if you noticed more stretch. Once I have enough electricity to leave my lights on 24 hours, imma try it with a sudden drop to 12.

Last edited:
Grammy,,24/0 gives you very little stretch in Vegg.Makes the plants bushier as long as your lights aren't to far from the canopy.
Dont know about plants sleeping. Never heard any snoring. 😁
See the source image

Yarn | I don't know that​

The Autos will grow under the same light as Photo plants if necessary. Autos grow better with a 20/4 light schedule though. With Photo plants i like to vegg under 24/0,so the Autos will do great during that time but when you flip the Photos to 12/12 it will take 8hrs of light from the Autos that you would use under the 20/4 light schedule. You will get more weed from the Big Bud Photo.

The plants are only seedlings now, 5 days since they sprouted. I have three autos and two big bud. I had them under two 65 watt full spectrum bulbs and yesterday I got the Spider Farm 1000. I only have that on 70 but it is close to the plants so the stems do not get to leggy. I haven't hooked it up to the timer yet. I was worried I could kill them so, I have them now 12 hours under the lights. They are getting greener and opening up. I used jiffy pots and have already transplanted them. I put the autos in five gallon cloth pots and the big bud in smaller pots until I figure out what to do with them.

It is so tempting to try to grow them all because I wanted the Lemon Haze for the sativa and having the indica from the Big Bud would be nice too. Free seeds are nice but I would have to seperate them and try growing the Big Bud with stronger light bulbs then what I have. I have the Spider Farm 1000 and two of those clip on lights. They really aren't ideal but they can be put different places at different angles.

I would grow them all. Especially with the light system you have. Its going to be awhile before you need the 1000.

I would grow them all. Especially with the light system you have. Its going to be awhile before you need the 1000.
Pretty sure that Spider Farm is 100-150 true watts from wall
covers 2 x2 area

More info
About this item
  • LOWER RUNNING COSTS & HIGHER-QUALITY YIELDS: SF LED Grow Lights utilize the latest in high yielding LEDs technology today-Samsung LM301B diodes, high Energy Efficiency with 2.9 umol/J, delivers powerful light output and uniform canopy penetration to resulting maximum higher yields. Only consumes 100w, running 50% less power than the HPS or other SMD LEDs or Blurple lamps. Veg footprint is 3 x 3 ft, Flowering footprint is 2 x 2 ft.

Pretty sure that Spider Farm is 100-150 true watts from wall
covers 2 x2 area

More info
About this item
  • LOWER RUNNING COSTS & HIGHER-QUALITY YIELDS: SF LED Grow Lights utilize the latest in high yielding LEDs technology today-Samsung LM301B diodes, high Energy Efficiency with 2.9 umol/J, delivers powerful light output and uniform canopy penetration to resulting maximum higher yields. Only consumes 100w, running 50% less power than the HPS or other SMD LEDs or Blurple lamps. Veg footprint is 3 x 3 ft, Flowering footprint is 2 x 2 ft.

This is the most confusing of all that what a light watt says is not true watts.

Latest posts

Back