Can somebody explain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaynco

Reaction score
I have an issue with one of my marijuana seedlings. This plant is currently 18 days old and the leafs have started to turn bright green/yellow and droop. I am led to believe that this is overwatering but am not exactly sure, may somebody ensure this for me. If the issue is overwatering, how do I fix this?

edit: I currently have three plants potted, they’re all under the same 50W LED light. I have recently and slowly moved them outside into the natural sunlight. I don’t know If the lack of wattage for three plants could be a factor or not.

Hard to tell but the soil looks dry but it also looks like it’s not draining well...what is the soil and do you have anything like perlite in there to help with drainage...I’d almost say it’s time to report into something that drains well and will allow the roots to breath...we like cloth pots the best...mix in a good amount of perlite, coco chips or vermiculite so the water will drain easily.
Also it kinda defeated the purpose of cutting drain holes if you just put on a second solo cup...

Hard to tell but the soil looks dry but it also looks like it’s not draining well...what is the soil and do you have anything like perlite in there to help with drainage...I’d almost say it’s time to report into something that drains well and will allow the roots to breath...we like cloth pots the best...mix in a good amount of perlite, coco chips or vermiculite so the water will drain easily.
Also it kinda defeated the purpose of cutting drain holes if you just put on a second solo cup...
There are drainage holes, I have the cup resting on paper clips in the second cup so the drained water could be collected. This is due to the plants being grown indoors and not wanted the runoff everywhere. For the soil, I’ve been using a compost + peat moss + top soil mix that I picked up from a local store. It does not contain any perlite but I am planning on repotting this plant in a couple of days into a 5g bucket (I don’t own fabric pots). Is it okay to mix perlite into the soil mixture I already have and then transplant? I didn’t know if transplanting into a foreign soil would harm the plant.

Your plant is hungry. It needs some better soil or some worm castings stat. Yes you can add perlite to your soil. Can you get better soil that is made of marijuana? Put a bowl under your plant and when it is done drinking pour out the excess water. It would be happier in better soil.

definitely add some perlite and yes a bit of wrk castings around the top and water in... you want them to drain well when watered...not that they dry out but the roots need oxygen and the A’s the water drain and evaporates it will pull in o2 as well as carry some in...and a nute boost with some nice organic teas made from worm castings and a little molasses...the foreign soil is not a problem but it needs to be good (yours is probably not bad) but food is needed and soil that drains well...look into brewing some compost teas...YouTube...I think in a couple months you’ll be rollin up doobs of from these girls and thinkin bout what your gonna plant next...

definitely add some perlite and yes a bit of wrk castings around the top and water in... you want them to drain well when watered...not that they dry out but the roots need oxygen and the A’s the water drain and evaporates it will pull in o2 as well as carry some in...and a nute boost with some nice organic teas made from worm castings and a little molasses...the foreign soil is not a problem but it needs to be good (yours is probably not bad) but food is needed and soil that drains well...look into brewing some compost teas...YouTube...I think in a couple months you’ll be rollin up doobs of from these girls and thinkin bout what your gonna plant next...
So correct me if I’m wrong. I should add worm castings on top of the soil before watering? I am purchasing perlite and worm castings after my class this afternoon. I plan on transplanting the 5/9/19 plant in a week or so into a permanent 5g bucket for the economic benefits. I plan on keeping the compost+peat moss+top soil mixture while adding perlite and worm castings for the soil after transplant. Are you allowed to transplant into a completely different soil mixture but still keep the root ball in the original soil?

Yes you should be able to transplant into new soil without much problem. Sounds like a good plan to get the castings and perlite and either make a tea or just mix it in your new soil or both.

Yes you should be able to transplant into new soil without much problem. Sounds like a good plan to get the castings and perlite and either make a tea or just mix it in your new soil or both.
The whole tea situation completely confuses me, I think i’ll just stick to adding it to the soil for transplant. Next time I water my plants, should I work some worm castings under the plant and around the soil prior to watering?

If the whole thing confuses you, maybe you need to read up some more on good soil mixtures for cannabis and the elements needed. Having a good soil is critical to good growth. I'm thinking that you would be better off if you could find a better soil mixture. If you don't have many plants, I recommend that you look into Fox Farm or Roots, or something with a little more "stuff" in it. While that soil will be helped with worm castings and perlite, it looks really dense and barky (is the compost maybe not well composted?). Yes, you are "allowed" to change the medium. I sometimes start my plants in a seed starter mix, but that is not what they grow in. Seeds and young seedlings really need different soil than growing plants.

Also, I would not be putting those into 5 gal pots in a week or so. Let them get some size to them so you know they have a good root structure. I also would not put them directly into 5 gal buckets (I don't understand the economic benefits?). Plants that small are hard to feed and water properly when they are put into large containers and you can waste a lot of nutrients. Don't try and hurry up the transplant. Let the plant get to where you can see good root growth--I let mine get almost root bound before I transplant. Let the size of the plants dictate transplants and not some schedule.

What is your plan for feeding your plants? Have you picked out a nutrient line? Were you going to go organic?

If the whole thing confuses you, maybe you need to read up some more on good soil mixtures for cannabis and the elements needed. Having a good soil is critical to good growth. I'm thinking that you would be better off if you could find a better soil mixture. If you don't have many plants, I recommend that you look into Fox Farm or Roots, or something with a little more "stuff" in it. While that soil will be helped with worm castings and perlite, it looks really dense and barky (is the compost maybe not well composted?). Yes, you are "allowed" to change the medium. I sometimes start my plants in a seed starter mix, but that is not what they grow in. Seeds and young seedlings really need different soil than growing plants.

Also, I would not be putting those into 5 gal pots in a week or so. Let them get some size to them so you know they have a good root structure. I also would not put them directly into 5 gal buckets (I don't understand the economic benefits?). Plants that small are hard to feed and water properly when they are put into large containers and you can waste a lot of nutrients. Don't try and hurry up the transplant. Let the plant get to where you can see good root growth--I let mine get almost root bound before I transplant. Let the size of the plants dictate transplants and not some schedule.

What is your plan for feeding your plants? Have you picked out a nutrient line? Were you going to go organic?
The process of growing and having the right soul does not confuse me. I am on a low budget as I am going to school and paying for more than just my growing hobby. I do not understand the brewing of teas, I have not heard of such a thing until I came into this community. I have chosen 5g buckets because of again, my lack of money for this grow. I’m going to be using FoxFarms Trio liquid nutrients for my nutes, as for letting the plants grow longer, thank you for the information. I’m just really excited for this grow and I don’t want to have to buy new soil just because of the prices and not having much to work with.

another edit: i ended up putting the worm castings over the top of all of the soil and then sprayed it. i’ve been taking the plants outside when it is >70 degrees and the sun is out. i believe that she is looking more healthy, thank you guys for the help.

Attachments

• FDDABB53-7527-4891-9D96-68123FF4949E.jpeg
    FDDABB53-7527-4891-9D96-68123FF4949E.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back