Can someone help me figure what is wrong with my plant pics included

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should i empty the bucket and just fill it with ph adjusted water to 5.8 and let the plant sit over night in just plain water then or longer? or should i not feed for how long ?

what should i do now?

I'd get them out of the over nute'd water no matter what...... if I didn't have water with nutes ready I'd put them in plain properly ph'd water for sure.

You really don't have to go to extremes with this. Just dump out the water that you have into another bucket and keep it as it is good nutes. Just put back 1.5 gal of the nuted water back into the DWC bucket and add another 1.5 gal of straight water to that then adjust the ph and put yer plant back in. I haven't done DWC myself but it looks to me like you have the water level too deep anyway. I wouldn't have the water deep enough to have the net pot sitting in the water, but rather just above it by a couple inches.

You can save the rest of the nuted water and just dilute it some so that it is ok for topping up as needed. Even though you are overnuted at this point, because you are in hydro you don't have to do anything to "fix" the plant, just get the water straight and the plant will fix itself. :)

It doesn't matter how big the bucket is so long as you know how much water you are working with(never assume amounts). If you are in smaller buckets you may have to add water more often than in bigger buckets but that's not a big deal. Any time you are mixing up your nutes, always use the largest amount of water that you intend to use and add the nutes to that rather than mixing up smaller amounts and adding plain water. The reason is that the more diluted the solution is the less chance there is for the chemicals to react with each other in concentrated form and end up precipitating out of the solution. That may or may not have been the problem here but in the future, mixing everything into the full amount of water will prevent any of these types of issues :)

Is your pH changing over .5 in 8 hours or less??

Anytime you are overnuted, I think you should do a good flush before reintroducing nutes again.

I went ahead and moved the plant into a fresh water ph'ed at 5.7 late last night and will keep it at least 24 hours.. how long should i keep the plant in the fresh water bucket?

Looks to me like your in full lockout. Like has been said above your additives may have been your problem. I dont use foxfarm.

Your running ph should be 5.8 on hydro.

For less problems go on a general hydroponics nute formula like the Useless formula which will give weekly ppm readings. Far less trouble for hydro. The other would be the lucas formula.

With useing what you have I would run the flush a couple of days back off the nutes a little keep the ph right and they should come around. Slight ph rise is normal. Ph flux up or down usually means if your constantly down your too strong on the mix and up your two weak. Here is a link to the useless formula
hXXp://forum.growkind.com/showthread.php?t=35174
cheers
t6

Thank you Teamster.. exactly what i wanted to find.. thanks for the info as well

It has been two days now since I put my plant into plain water that was ph'ed to 5.7 or 5.8. I just checked it and it has taken up at least 1.5 gallons of water. Some of the big leaves that were really yellow fell off too and i know that is okay. It does not look like it is getting any worse but maybe getting out of nute lock.

I did notice it looks like a few of the buds crawled up just a bit as there were a few of them i was watching for almost a week now to see if the plant stalled or was dying.

I do not know for sure though but looking for some advice now as how to go forward with this....

1. How much longer should i keep the plant in the plain ph'ed water

2. When I do start to go back to the feeding schedule do I cut the dosage in half or go full strength?

anything else?

Latest posts

Back